OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Defending is done as a team but when talking about individual battles like the convo that does matter.
So the team conceded one goal, one of which doku had no impact in. He completed dribbles but did nothing with it.

The only battle he won, was a foot race lol.

So the team conceded one goal, one of which doku had no impact in. He completed dribbles but did nothing with it.

Doku got the better of Trent today and he was probably unlucky to not at least notch one assist it’s not like he was shut down and had no impact on the game.

Doku got the better of Trent today and he was probably unlucky to not at least notch one assist it’s not like he was shut down and had no impact on the game.
Ima just drop this right here and let yall go off lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125_103416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_103416_Chrome.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 54

you’re better than this. you know what beating your man does to a teams defense right?
just cause it didn’t result in goals doesnt mean it doesn’t have an impact. quite the opposite.

imagine how much more dangerous taa could’ve been if he didn’t have to worry about doku running rampant.

Ima just drop this right here and let yall go off lol
I know Trent had a good game he did really well in posession and going forward but we was talking about defending. I don’t think Trent himself would say he did as well as he wanted on that end today even if the team defense did its job.

i think both players played to their strengths and had good matches
I agree with this. Cause I’m not even arguing Trent was bad he was really good today. Just pushing back in this idea that he left Doku ineffective

this doesn’t get checked for var then what is the point? didn’t even have a look

I know Trent had a good game he did really well in posession and going forward but we was talking about defending. I don’t think Trent himself would say he did as well as he wanted on that end today even if the team defense did its job.
Did doku have anything to do with your goal yes or no?

What guilt edge chance did he create?

How many one v ones on goal did he get?

How many shots on goal did doku have?

I'm a fan of doku don't get me wrong but Trent got him today, I'm sorry!

The only city player I was disappointed with today was foden. He didn’t play well at all worst game I’ve seen him play in a while

Did doku have anything to do with your goal yes or no?

What guilt edge chance did he create?

How many one v ones on goal did he get?

How many shots on goal did doku have?

I'm a fan of doku don't get me wrong but Trent got him today, I'm sorry!

He didn’t have anything to do with our goal but that doesn’t matter.

He created a great chance to get the second right before you all equalized. Got past like he always does found Haaland in the box and got the touch and directed towards goal and it was cleared before going in. That was a guilt edge change created.

He should’ve shot more today should’ve been a bit more selfish looked for the pass at times more than he needed.

One v ones never really generated today because of how well Liverpool defend no one got that today on either side really.

you’re better than this. you know what beating your man does to a teams defense right?
just cause it didn’t result in goals doesnt mean it doesn’t have an impact. quite the opposite.

imagine how much more dangerous taa could’ve been if he didn’t have to worry about doku running rampant.

He didn’t have anything to do with our goal but that doesn’t matter.

He created a great chance to get the second right before you all equalized. Got past like he always does found Haaland in the box and got the touch and directed towards goal and it was cleared before going in. That was a guilt edge change created.

He should’ve shot more today should’ve been a bit more selfish looked for the pass at times more than he needed.

One v ones never really generated today because of how well Liverpool defend no one got that today on either side really.
Got it so basically his completed dribbles amounted to nothing.

You're basically agreeing with me. I get he completed a ton of dribbles today? Were they all on trent? The the quarter chance he created was dribbling beyond Matip.

Doku 21, the decision making will improve you would think.
I honestly think his decision making is already incredible he just needs to shoot more. For a guy that takes guys on as much as he does while still doing it to great success is a rare combination. And it’s not like he even takes guys on a lot cause he forcing it always feels like it’s in the flow of the game and that it was the right decision. plays it back when he supposed to but knows when he’s got a guy he’s a clever player.

Got it so basically his completed dribbles amounted to nothing.

You're basically agreeing with me. I get he completed a ton of dribbles today? Were they all on trent? The the quarter chance he created was dribbling beyond Matip.
Not ending in a goal doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an impact. You asked if he created a gilt edged changed and I pointed out an obvious one he did right before yall equalized. That’s not nothing. And of course they weren’t all on Trent Liverpool did good to not leave Trent isolated on him a lot cause that wouldn’t be good for Trent which shows cause of the times they where one on one he got the better of him. Trent had a really good game today but he didn’t shut anything down.

I honestly think his decision making is already incredible he just needs to shoot more. For a guy that takes guys on as much as he does while still doing it to great success is a rare combination. And it’s not like he even takes guys on a lot cause he forcing it always feels like it’s in the flow of the game and that it was the right decision. plays it back when he supposed to but knows when he’s got a guy he’s a clever player.

Shooting more is a part of improving his decision making. Already dangerous but if he can get that balance right :smh:

Shooting more is a part of improving his decision making. Already dangerous but if he can get that balance right :smh:
That’s fair but I think we agree that’s the last part he needs to be the full package basically saying the same thing there. Right now decision making wise he knows when to go knows when to control the game knows when to take a risk knows when to play it back and is a really unselfish player. I’m sure the staff is showing him the moments where it would’ve been better to shoot even if the pass was a good decision too.

Not ending in a goal doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an impact. You asked if he created a gilt edged changed and I pointed out an obvious one he did right before yall equalized. That’s not nothing. And of course they weren’t all on Trent Liverpool did good to not leave Trent isolated on him a lot cause that wouldn’t be good for Trent which shows cause of the times they where one on one he got the better of him. Trent had a really good game today but he didn’t shut anything down.
What fullback is it good to leave isolated in space with the high risk high reward football we play?

Reece? He'll pull a hamstring in 20 minutes?

Walker? Maybe cause of his pace.

Both players looked good and I'm a massive doku fan. Today I just believe trent had him.

Even if trent didn't score today I sat back saying, he's disciplined without possession today and sending doku in the right spots.
There was one moment I remembered where doku got him for pace (which is expected) pace isn't a skill, you have it or you don't.

Back
Top Bottom