OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
They won’t. They’re more worried about making a quick buck rather than developing the league and players
So I'm gonna preface this with the fact that Garber is a clown who wants to make the league into his monster, rather than what it should and could be. The MLS has made leaps and bounds in terms of player and manager quality the past decade. Huge steps. We've got players moving to and from Europe, player pipelines built with South American countries, and some teams even building legit youth clubs that break out of the pay-2-play mold that's infested the country. The development is there.

Now could we actually see the US build a league that sends teams to events like the CWC with a fighting chance? Not likely, at least not with Garber in charge. But with players like Almiron and (ugh) Taty Castellanos moving overseas and succeeding (as a small sample size because there's been more), it's not a hot take to say the MLS has been improving on all fronts from what it was 10, even 5 years ago.

And I credit most of this to foreign managers and the franchise owners who are smart enough to hire people who know what they're doing. Not Garber and especially not the USSF.

Eh we haven’t seen a non-european club win the Club World Cup in 20 years and I doubt that will change anytime soon. The talent gap between top UEFA clubs and the rest is enormous.

Feels right

I'll always associate them with Adidas :lol:, the image of the Carlsberg sponsored kits and that Istanbul comeback

Fallen British brand like Umbro

058df791908b18c555f38aa96f018e7b.jpg

Eh we haven’t seen a non-european club win the Club World Cup in 20 years and I doubt that will change anytime soon. The talent gap between top UEFA clubs and the rest is enormous.
Oh for sure and the gap is only widening when you have teams like City who have a whole *** farm system across multiple leagues in multiple federations :lol:

No Palmer to rely on against Arsenal, at least if they get a penalty again less clowning around on who to take it.

Trossard really might be one of the best January signings of the last few years, he's like their Jota.

Always a good bet for an important goal

Last edited:
This stream on Streameast is bad for me. I ask this because Comcast is gatekeeping the game on cable, and I already pay them for Peacock and for internet: does anybody have a stream of the game that's reliable?

Hoping mods will understand and this isn't a taboo request all things considered.

Edit - found one

Last edited:
Oh **** me of course my stream died right before Trossard does his thing :lol: The guy is one of our underrated signings of the past few years :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom