Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Thank you for a decade (and change) of memories Buster

CE96349A-A709-4617-9DA7-A6693077F508.jpeg

bruh this man could play 3 more extremely productive years if he wanted to.

shotgun hole man...
I honestly think he's capable of 5, but alot of vets rather not fight through the pain these days. This is like the Patrick Willis retirement, a situation where a fairly healthy player with lingering ailments that chose to avoid further aggrevations/injuries.

Congrats, to Mr. Muscle Gabe Kapler for winning MOTY. Truly deserved and it should have be unanimous. Whoever the two who that chose not to vote for him, must be from Philly.

IMO, I don't think KB will be back. I think he'll get his long-awaited big deal with another club and Farhan will continue to find value at a lower price. Chris Taylor/Mark Canha, etc.

Interested in how he fills in the rotation. Wouldn't mind Wood and Gausman back. Would've been cool if Noah was considered.

I completely understood he was a rental. I knew the money wouldn’t be offered past this season when the trade was made. But like Farhan’s startegy, things changed. We knew Cueto would come off the books, but who of us thought Posey would retire and leave $22M on the table. If money was tight before, it isn’t as tight now. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he signed elsewhere, but I don’t want to read headlines stating we didn’t make an offer, or worse, made an insulting offer.

I completely understood he was a rental. I knew the money wouldn’t be offered past this season when the trade was made. But like Farhan’s startegy, things changed. We knew Cueto would come off the books, but who of us thought Posey would retire and leave $22M on the table. If money was tight before, it isn’t as tight now. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he signed elsewhere, but I don’t want to read headlines stating we didn’t make an offer, or worse, made an insulting offer.
I dont think having money is the issue at all. We have the money for him, and did even before the Posey retirement. The issue is that he is going to cost $20-25M a season and want at least a 6 year deal. Bryant has never signed a big deal before, so money is likely going to be his biggest motivator (especially with Boras as his agent). I just cant see Farhan dishing out that kind of money for a player, who lets be honest, doesnt deserve that type of money. Bryant is a very good player. He isnt a 6/$150M type player.

I personally would offer him 4/$80M and I know damn well he would have no interest in accepting that.

I'm on the Chris Taylor train. I'd like to see him join the Giants, but I think he'll cost a bit higher annually now. He played really well in the playoffs and I couldn't have been the only one holding their breath, every time he was up there and was hacking. I swear dude was swinging for the fences every time.

Re: Kris Bryant
If the reports of the Giants FO are true that they weren't impressed with Bryant's defensive metrics, then I'm kinda on their side. Farhan and Harris have earned my trust and I'll believe them.

I dont think having money is the issue at all. We have the money for him, and did even before the Posey retirement. The issue is that he is going to cost $20-25M a season and want at least a 6 year deal. Bryant has never signed a big deal before, so money is likely going to be his biggest motivator (especially with Boras as his agent). I just cant see Farhan dishing out that kind of money for a player, who lets be honest, doesnt deserve that type of money. Bryant is a very good player. He isnt a 6/$150M type player.

I personally would offer him 4/$80M and I know damn well he would have no interest in accepting that.
$25M per is a good deal imo considering he plays everday. 7 of the top 10 contracts today are starting pitchers and they're all over $30M per year.

Giants supposedly offered a deal for Steven Matz and going for Alex Cobb.

Idk if Farhan is going to go with a big named pitcher this year. Also seems that Gausman may be gone.

Can someone tell Farhan to submit a bid for Seiya Suzuki.

Suzuki, Wade Jr./Ramos,Yaz in the outfield. I'll take it

Ohtani is a free agent in 2 years… you guys think the giants can get him? Or too far out to speculate?

Ohtani is a free agent in 2 years… you guys think the giants can get him? Or too far out to speculate?
I think the Giants can. IMO, if Farhan shows that he can build a playoff team again with limited payroll, I think it'll be even more enticing for big-named free agents to come to SF. I really hope they do try and get Ohtani.

He and Suzuki in orange and black. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom