OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That young man and his family just learned a very valuable and expensive lesson. Until it’s in writing and both parties have signed it never happened.

Promising me $100K and only giving me $3K is just nasty. I would bounce too. That being said, I genuinely miss the era where players were getting paid under the table and we just didn't know how the sausage was made.
Yeah, this playing out in public is not a good look.

NIL deals are contracts that are enforceable in civil court. Problem is these schools have unlimited warchests and can drag out a civil lawsuit for years before resolution.
Def enforceable in court. There needs to be some mechanism for the NCAA to govern though. Companies should have to register, be vetted etc.

That’s not how it works in the court of law. But we would ultimately need to know a lot more information than what we’ve found so far.

Had to look this up. Verbal agreements can be legally binding in court, but for very obvious reasons can be hard to prove in a court of law.

Essentially, without a recording or some sort of paper work to back up his claims, the young man is SOL.

Sluka is a baller. Dont let his passing numbers get in the way. He's a dual QB who's great at running the ball. I know a little about this young man because of his time at Holy Cross. They are not the type to ask for more.

UNLV did not fulfill their commitment. Anyone saying they did is just lying.

I dont think UNLV thought this would be a problem, paying him his money. Some booster probably reneged. At the end of the day, somebody should step up. Shoot, one of the Ferttita's probably has this in their glove compartment and can easily pay this for them.

Stunned Brennan Marion is in the middle of this. Not a good look for any players they plan on getting. Marion has a great future.

Back
Top Bottom