Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you remove the trades our team would be a lot better because the guys we traded IQ, RJ, fournier, grimes are all healthy and can contribute now... but with everyone healthy the OG trade made us a lot better... I still dont understand trading grimes though.... we gave up for burks and bojan who are older than this current team....when they score consistently they are good but other than that they dont bring much to the table... at least with grimes he doesnt have to score to be effective

while i agree that the Detroit trade hasn't really benefited us YET, Grimes was overrated imo. he has fluidity in his game, but he just wasn't efficient and wasnt a play maker. defense was overrated too. Frank 2.0

if you remove the trades our team would be a lot better because the guys we traded IQ, RJ, fournier, grimes are all healthy and can contribute now... but with everyone healthy the OG trade made us a lot better... I still dont understand trading grimes though.... we gave up for burks and bojan who are older than this current team....when they score consistently they are good but other than that they dont bring much to the table... at least with grimes he doesnt have to score to be effective
I didn't delve too much into the trade discussion because it didn't seem detrimental on paper. I didn't perceive it as an improvement, but I also didn't think it made us worse off (referring to the Detroit trade). I viewed it more as a means to keep Thibs content. I never understood the rationale behind trading for Burks or Bojan when they essentially replicate Fournier's style of play. They've proven to be just that - lacking in defense and offering only occasional scoring bursts. However, their roles should diminish and complement the team more as players regain their health.

Looking ahead, I envision the lineup to be as follows:

- Brunson / Duece
- Ragu / Burks
- OG / Hart
- Randle / Bojan
- Mitch / iHart

Ultimately, I see this as the direction we're heading, and I believe both players are complemented by defensive-minded teammates. The key will be ensuring that Burks distributes the ball; otherwise, it's going to be challenging.

On another note, during their brief time in Toronto, RJ seems to have been held back by Thibs and Randle, while IQ appears to be proving himself as a legitimate starter. I'm genuinely pleased for them.

Last edited:
RJ and Fournier were definitely in need of a fresh start, we got back two players with OG and Precious who fit the on court philosophy and while Bojan is a bit shaky he's still shooting well from 3 and actually will pass when the opportunity presents itself.

Burks on the other hand, is mostly likely dead weight. Might have a few Alec Jordan/Kobe Burks performances out of nowhere but I'm not expecting much from him overall.

Screenshot_20240229_161207_Chrome.jpg

I agree 👍 💯

Respectfully I need someone with a platform to explain that GOAT is an acronym in this context, not a word. PG not even a bad prototype to follow or favorite to have, just makes me cringe a little because in my head I hear "Paul George is the Greatest Of All Time".

Back
Top Bottom