Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you miss?
Evan Fournier ?
Malachi Flynn ?
Ryan Arcidiacono ?
Two second-round picks ?
Grimes?

Ii think it was a good trade , need to remember we have 3 starters are out, among other injuries on the team.

Mitch - Hartenstein - Randle - OG - Brunson all have been dealing with injuries. 5 players whos been in the lineup
Bojan will be have much more space to operate when Randle and OG returns

They dont do anything but chuck 3's and not play defense... the latter part is what annoys me the most... and burks takes away from duece minutes and is just garbage overall... maybe I would feel differently about the trade if the trade didnt include burks... but I stand by what I said...fournier didnt play much in the last 2 years but not sure how his game/stats is any different than bojan

The trade wasn't necessarily a terrible move, but it was more of a lateral one. The issue lies in the fact that, ultimately, Thibs lacks offensive coaching prowess. Statistics may suggest he's successful because of the Knicks' efficiency, but the reality is that beyond having ISO-dominant players like Brunson and Randle, the supporting pieces thrive on teamwork, which complements their style. However, there's a lack of fluidity and set plays, indicating a deficiency in true offensive schemes.

Transitioning from a season high winning streak to a losing streak with the absence of key players like Mitch, Randle, iHart, OG, and Brunson around the trade deadline doesn't necessarily correlate directly to the trade itself. Rather, it's primarily due to injuries to key players. Relying heavily on two ISO players exposes the team's inability to create shots independently, especially in the absence of a cohesive offensive strategy. Consequently, defenses can focus on shutting down shooters. Having Bogdan or Burks as part of the depth chart as the 10th or 11th player is beneficial, and once the team is fully healthy, cohesion should improve. However, the extent to which players can return to their pre-injury form remains uncertain, case in point iHart. He's not the same.

1709760675587.gif

These guys are forced to be top scoring options right now.

Hard to judge the trade with 3 or 4 starters being out.

The trade wasn't necessarily a terrible move, but it was more of a lateral one. The issue lies in the fact that, ultimately, Thibs lacks offensive coaching prowess. Statistics may suggest he's successful because of the Knicks' efficiency, but the reality is that beyond having ISO-dominant players like Brunson and Randle, the supporting pieces thrive on teamwork, which complements their style. However, there's a lack of fluidity and set plays, indicating a deficiency in true offensive schemes.

Transitioning from a season high winning streak to a losing streak with the absence of key players like Mitch, Randle, iHart, OG, and Brunson around the trade deadline doesn't necessarily correlate directly to the trade itself. Rather, it's primarily due to injuries to key players. Relying heavily on two ISO players exposes the team's inability to create shots independently, especially in the absence of a cohesive offensive strategy. Consequently, defenses can focus on shutting down shooters. Having Bogdan or Burks as part of the depth chart as the 10th or 11th player is beneficial, and once the team is fully healthy, cohesion should improve. However, the extent to which players can return to their pre-injury form remains uncertain, case in point iHart. He's not the same.
I won’t say thibs is a weak offensive coach, we have some great ball movement, cuts and looks. We just have **** shooting lately.

This just really sucks right now as a fan and viewer.

We just have to weather the storm.

It really could be a positive that our four best players are getting rest.

Ideally we're the 3rd or 6th seed. With everyone healthy with 2 weeks left in the season.

I THINK 3 or 6 avoids the Celtics and Bucks in first 2 rounds.

It’s close. Philly is going to continue to lose more games. Pacers may make a push. But yea staying afloat is important.

1709830819166.png

think the knicks are like what, 2 spots away from the play in?

i'm not acting like the sky is falling, but this slide has been pretty steady and making up that ground with so few games left is going to be difficult especially with the guys trying to get back into rhythm after a along hiatus

Back
Top Bottom