Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McBride impressing me the past few weeks. I understand a lot of people wanted to keep Grimes but when the team is fully healthy, Hart is back to the bench so trying to get minutes for Grimes and McBride would've been tough. I'd rather we continue to build McBride

can we stop overvaluing Grimes now? we overvalue all ours players and VERY seldomly do they move on from this team and excel.

i hate to admit it, but Thibs has been right. the only ones i think are the exception are RJ and IQ.

Barrett's minutes were never in question but he became the odd man out with the emergence of Randle then Brunson. Quickley was coming off the bench but was playing close to 30 minutes a night & closing games. Grimes was given plenty of chances to keep his spot. Obi was never really consistent enough to earn more than 15-20 minutes.

Took injuries for McBride to get a real chance but it seems he's solidified his spot. Achiuwa isn't going anywhere. If you could play, you'll play.

The only guy we really miss is Quickley. Dante matches him in threes and defensive effort but doesn't create at the same level IQ did. McBride is a solid 3 and D PG as well so I can live with 2 out of 3.

Thibs has been right about every young player the fans begged to play more :nerd:
RJ and Quick would be doing ok imo if Brunson and Randle weren't here. But he was def right about Obi who I thought was just being held back by Randle. RJ has been putting up 20/6/4 on the Raptors with 55% FG and 42% 3pters which is what we thought was gonna end up being consistent pre-migraine lmfao. Idk what happened to his FT% tho he's shooting under 65%.

Seems like he was right about all of them.

IQ isn’t a 100 mill contract player.

Donte + McBrides production has been way better

Donte has been the sleeper. Plays solid defense and his shooting is lights out. He had to become more of a volume shooter for us because of injuries and hasn’t disappointed.

Screenshot_20240308_215354_Chrome.jpg

Charles Smith was so soft :lol: :smh:

iq was good here... but basically the broken record message here is why pay him starter money to come off the bench... thats basically the only issue... didnt make sense either to extend grimes contract hence why he got traded... the big question is after we sign OG what is the next move... will there be a big trade this summer being that the new cba is restrictive on team contracts and if someone else will release their superstar

Coaching staff & front office loved Quickley, and he deserves the money he's going to get, but paying him on this team basically locks him in as your 3rd-4th option. Again, the emergence of Randle & Brunson completely changed the team's plans.

Also think it came down to being much easier to replace 28 minutes off the bench than find a big, All-Defense wing.

Knicks management probably assumed Brunson would average around 19ppg / 5 apg/ 3 rpg.

Knicks need to get all the right pieces together before Brunson and Randle next extension

Philly has nothing but role players and scrubs out there...so hopefully we don't play down to the competition.

worst first half performance of the season right? i'm amazed i'm going to be watching the second half too

Back
Top Bottom