Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deuce been like this [ofc less polished but extremely skilled] but like every young player his ups & downs woulda been magnified on the big stage at MSG.

The club did the right thing for once by not throwing him out there & letting him wreak havoc on the gleague. He was clearly miles ahead of them so it was just a matter of getting him in the rotation.

And he was out of said rotation justifiably so cuz there wasn’t enuff room in there for him until now. 8-10 minutes is not enuff for a dude who’s used to big minutes. Luckily for him defense translates no matter how much time you get so when he did play, it was usually always positive +/- .

Dawg from day 1.

Mitch coming back soon :pimp:

I'm sure they are just resting OG... apparently, he can't play through pain... but if the playoffs started he prally would be playing... now the big question mark is Julius

think it was windhorst who mentioned mitchell robinson would be back buy the end of the month, which is basically a week and a half from now

he's gonna be coming off the bench mostly likely, which is the perfect place for him as it stands.
don't see ihart as a bench player going forward in any way

The Brunson takes in the Knicks thread a few years ago right before we signed him, are pretty tough.

:rofl:

Waiting for the All-NBA nod to post some standouts :lol:

What I will say for myself is, I gotta give Thibs his credit. No matter what I think is lacking in his coaching style, he knows how to create a successful culture and identity. I called for his firing many times in the past, and I’m glad it didn’t happen. Loving the progress. The teams intensity is the most enjoyable.

I don't think I was 100% all in on Brunson but never thought it would be some huge mistake. It was pretty clear he had another level to get to. Nobody thought it was All-NBA.

Think a lot of people saw the $100M price tag & were turned off when in reality, that's the going rate for a player of July 2023 Jalen Brunson's caliber.

The Brunson takes in the Knicks thread a few years ago right before we signed him, are pretty tough.

:rofl:

Waiting for the All-NBA nod to post some standouts :lol:

What I will say for myself is, I gotta give Thibs his credit. No matter what I think is lacking in his coaching style, he knows how to create a successful culture and identity. I called for his firing many times in the past, and I’m glad it didn’t happen. Loving the progress. The teams intensity is the most enjoyable.

I don’t think anyone should be faulted for Brunson takes during that Summer.

The Mavs didn’t even know what they had. And they saw him everyday in practice and games for 4 YEARS. Even when Luka wanted him to stay - they still let him go.

That’s a professional basketball team with scouts and staff being paid millions who made that mistake

If anybody thought Brunson was going to be the best Knick ever I’ll give you $100 right now. On my mother.

I was never against brunson signing here... I just didn't understand why the team was going so hard for him... always have hope until they prove me wrong and jalen has been good since hes been here...I just thought it was idiotic to sign all these guys kemba, noel and burks only to trade them a year later to sign jalen and giving up a first round pick in the process... that was my only gripe with the whole thing really

Matter fact I’ll give any who said a Brunson would be an All-Star in here $100. Forget best Knick ever. :lol:

I’m not even sure the Knicks knew what they were getting.

This is insane **** bro. It’s not everyday someone just turns into 1st or 2nd all team NBA from being the 6th man.

Brunson still awes me. Every game. I am so grateful.

Matter fact I’ll give any who said a Brunson would be an All-Star in here $100. Forget best Knick ever. :lol:

Lmk i accept crypto as well.

I’m sold on Brunson so hope we give him his 80 mill. Playoffs expose players usually, and if you’re producing and playing high level basketball as the best player where teams are zeroing in on you. Gotta respect that.

Plus he’s produced and kept the Mavs afloat while Luka was out during the regular season. That’s not a good roster on paper.

This is from 2022 too:

Story line predictions:

1. Cavs will be a top 2 seed in the East
2. Luka wins MVP
3. Westbrook gets traded before the deadline
4. Ben Simmons hits a 3 this season
5. Jalen Brunson makes the all star game

The money given to Brunson is being way overblown. Not much of a difference if he got 23 mill or 27 mill In terms of the cap. He’s in the upper half of players who are getting paid that same amount per year. You won’t look back and say damn that was a bad contract unless there’s some crazy injury here.

The other thing about Brunson that Summer was the money. I remember being concerned. That I do remember,

But then that CBA went up a year later.

And here we are Jaylen a brown is the highest paid player in the NBA and Brunson is ridiculously underpaid.

my intent wouldnt be to expose or attack, more so celebrate that it was a wrong take and laugh about it.

Ive had plenty of takes that never panned out lol

For me personally, i felt like there was enough evidence to justify the interest, some dudes were in here fringe starter and comparing his playoff run to Jerome James.

Thats funny to me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom