Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1704748422095.png

1704748622545.png

Is this guy Robert Randolph a reliable source?
He’s a serial capper

RJ all of a sudden back to hitting 3s in Toronto too. Glad to see him back on track.

IQ threw a shot at Thibs the other day too

Last edited:
My exact feelings

“If you told me I had to roll with this group for the rest of the season, I’d be cool with that..” - Monica

Its too early to roll with this group imo. Trade deadline is Feb 8, need a slightly bigger sample size.

Curious to see how we look when Brunson and Randle struggle.

I don't think any team is doing much winning if their two all-stars have off nights :lol:

But, just last week we saw Brunson struggle vs the Wolves & Randle against the Sixers. Feel like it's rare that they both have bad nights together.

Its more so who steps up when Randle ****s the bed again in the playoffs. OG isnt that guy to be the 3rd option scoring wise.

Spacing is infinitely better, but I guess we'll see if Grimes and Donte hit their shots.

Grimes half brother plays defense for the NHL canucks. They showed him at yesterday’s rangers game. So random.

randle supporting cast was terrible in 2021 and last year he had a bum ankle... not making excuses for him he still needs to play better though... I think if he doesn't play well this playoffs he will definitely be traded in the summer

Honestly, I appreciate the Knicks' current setup. They've equipped Thibs with the tools he needs, showcasing a mix of borderline superstars and gritty defensive players. It might not always be aesthetically pleasing, resembling '90s ball with isolations and more emphasis on 3-pointers than midrange shots. I'm pleased to see Deuce getting playing time; he's a scrappy player with genuine PG vision and underrated offense. It's intriguing how Knicks fans tend to downplay their own; Jalen Green did less in the G League but was considered a better prospect due to being younger. Let the young players develop; they seem to be figuring it out, even in a small sample size. If they can add another starter to replace Big Ragu, it'll strengthen the second unit with Deuce, Grimes, Ragu, Hart, and a Center. While a Finals appearance isn't expected, the team has rekindled my interest. By the way, I enjoy seeing Knicks youngsters succeeding elsewhere; no complaints about moving RJ and Quickly, considering salary considerations (can't have then as 3rd/4th options making more than your 1-2).

Would it be cheaper to acquire Rozier over Brogdon? Feel like thats another player we should look into

FROM 2022-23 SEASON TO TODAY
1704833582227.png

T. Rozier - 30yrs old in March
2023/24 - $23,205,221
2024/25 - $24,924,126
2025/26 - $26,643,031 (Team Option)

M. Brogdon - 32, 33 in December 2024
2023/24 - $22,500,000
2024/25 - $22,500,000

I think malcom Brogdon will be a little cheaper cause of his injury history. I also think that may be ok on our team as this is a deep team and we can play Brogdon off the bench for 20-26mins.

But probably the better trade target may be to get Dejounte Murray, cause if it don't work out then we can pair Dejounte Murray + (another Player) + (Picks) for a star if it comes down to Knicks wanting Donovon / D. Booker etc if that becomes a possibility

Better fit: Malcom brogdon
Better Asset to maintin Flexibility & Potential moves: Dejounte

Last edited:
Like both these moves are sideways moves. We need a true 1 next to Jalen. That’s what we need more than anything.

My exact feelings

“If you told me I had to roll with this group for the rest of the season, I’d be cool with that..” - Monica

If Mitch were there it's a solid group for sure. Depends on if they switch up come playoff time again. (Especially Rando)

Back
Top Bottom