Official '24 NYK off-season thread; J Bryant is gone

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Id trade Fournier / Randle / Rose / IQ
Id keep Cam, especially after trading a 1st for him.
Everyone else can stay

I'm not sure I'd want to pay Quickley what he'd ask for but I also don't really want to trade him. Weird situation.

Feels like we're in an endless cycle of signing guys then having to pay to get rid of them so we have cap space to sign other guys.

Thibs has no idea how to put players in positions where they can succeed and contribute.

Sure Fournier might be overpaid, but he's not useless. We're one of the worst shooting teams out there yet he's in the dog house. Which only further drives his value down.

Now Leon wants to add picks or young players to offload these same contracts that his boy Thibs cant even get the best out of?

This is only going to get worse.

that's the problem. Thibs doesn't know how to get the best out of his players. he wants it his way and his way only.

i'm for getting rid of quickley, but just so the knicks can rid themselves of fournier? awful amateur move. bad business

what more is there to it? the knicks aren't interested in helping out iq by sending him to another team. not their job either

honestly, if we move IQ that should free up minutes and a role for Cam. trading both IQ AND Cam is stupid. the minutes allocation should be something like this, with a combination of RJ/Cam/Grimes on the court at all times. DNPs for Rose and Hart preferably.

Brunson - 30/Deuce - 15/Rose - 3
RJ - 32/Grimes - 11/Deuce - 5
Cam - 32/Grimes -13/Obi - 3
Julius - 30 /Obi - 18
Mitch - 30/Sims - 12/Hart - 3

The only reason I want IQ gone is because the role he has been put in. He is not a 1, he has limited vision and is at times is selfish. Not to mention he holds the ball entirely to long trying to put moves or a weak attempt to draw fouls.

Now, if he was put at 2 and the ball taken from his hands, I would love to see him here.

Where he can run without the ball and maybe when he gets it he is in a better position to drive or spot up and shoot.

Like I and many of you have said, Thibs doesn't know how to play his guys.

Taking into consideration future contracts and on-court contributions.

Do you keep Cam over IQ?
And here's the issue ... not only with Cam but with the rest of the kids that aren't playing.

How can you properly assess them? I mean Cam has had some great games and some terrible games the same with Duece and Sims and Obi and Grimes. If they aren't getting minutes and reps and action, you don't know how they will fit in.

With that said, IQ is probably always going to be an off the bench cat here just because who we have guaranteed money too .. so I would probably let him walk and pay Cam less. That is if they are actually going to utilize Cam off the bench and if it doesn't work out we aint deep like we would be with IQ.

We really got a national game against the hawks today? I hope it’s like last game, 15 point lead in the second, lose by 25.

Back
Top Bottom