Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Draft night trade rumors

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alot of reports saying Embid is likely. I honestly think Giannis is more likely than Embiid.

Giannis
23-2024 - $45,640,084
24-2025 - $48,787,676
25-2026 - $51M Player Option

Embiid
23-2024 - $47,607,350
24-2025 - $51,415,938
25-2026 - $55,224,526
26-2027 - $59M Player Option

Randle
23-2024 - $28,226,880
24-2025 - $30,317,760
25-2026 - $32M Player Option

Giannis won a chip and still did not verbally commit to Milawukee after. If he dont win a chip and dont sign an extension this season, perfect storm.

i wonder how much more can a player like embiid can help the knicks. sixers have had a whole lot more talent than the knicks and look where it's gotten them

30yrs old, often injured, conditioning & heart often questioned, etc. i don't know

Last edited:
Embiid is fine but not with the penguin at the helm who will want to play him 55 minutes per game.

I’d take Embiid in a heart beat. I think Jalen is better than Harden, and possibly better than everyone Embiid ever played with.

Only issue with Embiid is his injury history.

Im also curious on what the package would even be. Randle + RJ/IQ + every pick?

Embiid isnt a good fit with the roster we have or what we'd have to give up to obtain him. cant start Embiid and Mitch together. both are too slow for small ball lineups or stretch 4s. Mitch would likely be included in a trade anyway along with half our roster. can't imagine having Randle and Embiid on the same team. thats a locker room brawl waiting to happen.

There’s no one available now anyway

Thibs loves Deuce, naturally. And he’s in a good situation to stick around for a while 🙏. High HIGH value on that rookie contract for another couple szns.

GM/Coach 🧢;
Trade deadline make that move for OG if he’s out there for the taking. Quick + picks and Evan for salaries. The flirting has been going on long enough.

Move Grimes to the bench for a run as the 6th man when RJ is subbed early. And it’s time to play Deuce so we need a 10 man rotation for this to work at its best.

If he doesn’t play here and now then the pitchfork will come out posthaste. Sims will likely play when MitchRob or any other big has to sit.

F3wWgRaW8AAxFQX

Legooo!

They still saying Portland don’t want Herro and need a 3rd team to flip him, what are the Cons against throwing an offer for Herro?

We don’t need another wing though.

Brunson/IQ/Deuce
Grimes/DDV
RJ/Hart

Fournier is still technically on the roster too.

Would you throw IQ in a trade to get back Herro?

IQ & probably a pick to Portland \Herro to Knicks

Mitch
Randle
RJ / Hart
Herro / Grimes
Brunson / Donte D.

Or keep IQ to trade for a potential superstar?

Thats why RJ is dominating FIBA. The world doesnt know he only goes left.

He looks way stronger, but literally every point is him going to his left.

Thats why RJ is dominating FIBA. The world doesnt know he only goes left.

He looks way stronger, but literally every point is him going to his left.
Yeah. It doesn't help that Brunson and Randle also are lefties so teams are more prepared to defend a team of lefties.

Yes a much more efficient scorer.

I don’t know if Herro is a “much more efficient scorer than IQ.

Herro average 5 more points than IQ but also average 7 more min per game than IQ, so that’s damn near a full quarter more. IQ was one of the best defending guards last season and played with two ball dominant players unlike Herro. For a similar price range I think we should keep IQ

D83C0D17-9624-46B6-9F30-3FFB751D3D68.jpeg

It's obvious we have to pay IQ who will be a trade chip down the line... Even though we have a ton of guards I see all of them playing... I think sims will take obis spot if thibs keeps a 10 man rotation

Back
Top Bottom