Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
didnt expect a win, but this defense is getting complacent

wasn't sure why rj got pulled when the knicks were down 7 on the comeback

This is a perfect example of why many of us are out on Randle. Not only did he refuse to pass to an open RJ, but didn’t even lay it off to a trailing Mitch. He then turns the ball over a couple plays later, throws his hands in the air, and jogs back on D.

This is a perfect example of why many of us are out on Randle. Not only did he refuse to pass to an open RJ, but didn’t even lay it off to a trailing Mitch. He then turns the ball over a couple plays later, throws his hands in the air, and jogs back on D.

A lot of players get tunnel vision, that’s not unique to Randle, RJ doesn’t always hustle or give 100 percent either. All these things aren’t unique to Julius.

Screenshot_20231209_105021_Chrome.jpg

1 game sample size ... lol

Is it Grimes or is it the starting rotation?

A lot of players get tunnel vision, that’s not unique to Randle, RJ doesn’t always hustle or give 100 percent either. All these things aren’t unique to Julius.

It’s not unique to Randle, but he does this more than anyone else on the team by a large margin. Multiple times a game he turns it over, complains, and then gives little to no effort on the defensive end.

I'm puzzled by the surprise when we lose. We're not losing to weak teams; it's against better-coached teams with superior top players. As a collective unit, we're among the top tier, individually mid-tier. Coaching limitations place us where we stand. Relying on stats against weaker teams is misleading; we need to trust the eye test and cut through the nonsense.

Not shocked by losing b2b to toptier teams.

Like one of the talking heads on espn said "we are a middle of the road team." We aren't top 4 or at the bottom of the eastern division anymore. We need to make a strong move to get out of the middle of the pack. We don't have the excuse of "rebuilding" or "developing our young guys," the front office has to see that we are missing pieces and we have some assets to trade (Randle, Grimes a bunch of picks). Thibs has gotten all he can from our players, it's time to move on from him. But I'm just a fan so what do I know.

Don’t think it’s as big of a hit. IHart can hold it down and Sims is a solid back up.

Im more worried about Mitch conditioning when he comes back

this is going to be about 3 mos total
it's situations like these that require the coach to open up his roster and utilize his players in case stuff like this actually happens. now jericho is going to be thrown out there with little playing time this season expected to take up mitch's role

reminds me of when we had nerlens noel who stepped in and did a decent job...im hoping Ihart and sims can both take over the center position while mitch is out

Back
Top Bottom