Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you don't really wonder about that . you just want to continue being petty with other posters in this thread

After sleeping on it, I'm surprised the front office had the balls to sign off on this trade. They've been super conservative since taking over.

After sleeping on it, I'm surprised the front office had the balls to sign off on this trade. They've been super conservative since taking over.

It was the Magic game that woke someone up.

They saw a team who was big, long, athletic, and scrappy manhandling us and immediately they knew a move needed to be made.

That’s what we got in OG. A top wing.

Hearing Woj say we're not done and "they still have the assets to pull off another trade within the coming weeks/months" is interesting.

I dont think we're the same team past the deadline.

The pressure on OG is going to be insane

I don’t know. I think he’ll have less pressure than RJ did. I think the difference with him in lineup will be visible from game 1 also.

OG was All NBA Defense second team last year. Feels good to have someone with size and elite defense to throw at the opposing teams best players while Brunson and Randle cook.

Our next moves should be to get two of 3
Murray
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jordan Clarkson

Do we start Grimes again?

Donte seems more trigger happy, would he a good 6th man.

Or will the offense be too stagnant with Grimes and OG

I don’t know. I think he’ll have less pressure than RJ did. I think the difference with him in lineup will be visible from game 1 also.

OG was All NBA Defense second team last year. Feels good to have someone with size and elite defense to throw at the opposing teams best players while Brunson and Randle cook.

Our next moves should be to get two of 3
Murray
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jordan Clarkson

i think he'll have more pressure, bc we gave up both guys for him. fans pretty much unanimously loved IQ and there was love for RJ too. i think its safe to assume that his defense will translate, but the expectation is that he'll bring in more efficient scoring as well. he's going to have to at least match RJ's ppg, since we're already taking a huge hit with IQ. as inefficient as RJ was, he still carried us offensively at times when Randle/Brunson had off nights. we can't solely rely on those two, especially since we get little to nothing from the rest of the starters.

i think he'll have more pressure, bc we gave up both guys for him. fans pretty much unanimously loved IQ and there was love for RJ too. i think its safe to assume that his defense will translate, but the expectation is that he'll bring in more efficient scoring as well. he's going to have to at least match RJ's ppg, since we're already taking a huge hit with IQ. as inefficient as RJ was, he still carried us offensively at times when Randle/Brunson had off nights. we can't solely rely on those two, especially since we get little to nothing from the rest of the starters.
OG doesn’t have to match RJs PPG because his defense and efficiency make up for those 4 pts. Grimes and Hart have to step up their scoring being that they’ll most likely get more minutes and touches and even Deuce about to get more PT.

I know I’m in the Minority but we aren’t going to be Contenders with Mitch as our Starting Center either.

I know I’m in the Minority but we aren’t going to be Contenders with Mitch as our Starting Center either.

Why not? Its possible. Tyson Chandler, Kendrick Perkins, Kevon Looney, Dwight, Mcgee, Tristan Thompson, etc

Need great players if your big isnt some all time great

As inefficient as RJ was, he still carried us offensively at times when Randle/Brunson had off nights. we can't solely rely on those two, especially since we get little to nothing from the rest of the starters.

This is my main worry. Thats why they still need another 18-20ppg guy.

Ideally I'd trade for Murray, but can prob get guys like Bojan/Clarkson for cheaper.

I truly believe there is no superstar available for next 1-2 years thats why.

Why not? Its possible. Tyson Chandler, Kendrick Perkins, Kevon Looney, Dwight, Mcgee, Tristan Thompson, etc

Need great players if your big isnt some all time great
Just like you said those Centers played with All Time Greats, we will never have an All time Great. There’s exceptions to everything.

Not a fan of this trade. We gave up too many assets for OG. Not even counting Precious or Malachi because they are a non factor.
IQ's value is at an all time high. We could've leveraged that to acquire a big time scorer. RJ is having a good season by his standards. Why couldn't we have

didnt the pistons win a chip with ben wallace

Im not a fan of the trade either... nothing against OG because hes an elite defender... but I dont see us competing with philly, celtics and the bucks with this move... now if we can land murray then I will change my stance... but how much better can this team be when you think of wins and loses... and isnt OG injury prone as well?

didnt the pistons win a chip with ben wallace

Im not a fan of the trade either... nothing against OG because hes an elite defender... but I dont see us competing with philly, celtics and the bucks with this move... now if we can land murray then I will change my stance... but how much better can this team be when you think of wins and loses... and isnt OG injury prone as well?
Don’t disrespect Ben like that, and that was a whole different era of ball.

My feeling in today’s NBA is with Brunson and Julius as our 2 stars we will not be a contender with Mitch as our starting Center.

Back
Top Bottom