Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely missing IQ, even though he's been struggling in the playoffs. I agree, we had to shake up the rotation at some point this series.. it's not realistic to ask Brunson to handle the ball, initiate offense, score, and then chase around Duncan Curry through illegal screens all night long.

Give Rose/Deuce/Fournier/ME a chance to give him 5-8 minutes to give Brunson a breather and please don't let the Heat run our star through the ringer

It's insane how Thibs used to ride Rose a season or two ago where he'd get big minutes even when he looked like he was running slower than usual. But with dude having ample rest in a series where bench scoring is nonexistent, he plays him 0 min? Thibs a dummy

It's insane how Thibs used to ride Rose a season or two ago where he'd get big minutes even when he looked like he was running slower than usual. But with dude having ample rest in a series where bench scoring is nonexistent, he plays him 0 min? Thibs a dummy
Word. We stopped playing to our strength. Our depth was the one thing that got us over the hump

Because he can ride Brunson now, he found his new favorite shiny toy.

Y'all think Rose too washed to play 2-3 min at the end of each quarter? Idk I find it hard to believe he couldn't give us 8-10 min a game. Even Baron Davis was giving us playoff minutes back in the day and dude was def more washed than Rose. He was also doing solid before he hurt his knee that series so I doubt Rose couldn't at least give us 7-10 points

Last night they asked Jalen how he felt about playing 48..

He smirked and said something like “Just as long as we won I’m fine with it” :lol:

Unfortunately, Brunson will have to play 48 minutes.

Look at all the times Miami goes on a huge run, Brunson is on the bench, and we play catch up rest of the game.

Since our offense sucks it's impossible to catch up. So yeah Brunson will have to play 48 minutes

Damn those are pretty blatant, how are they not calling those? Draymond does it in a subtle way that you might miss it, this isn't even that.

Derrick Rose probably hasn’t been on playing shape all season. If he was, you know Thibs would have been playing him.

He’s not touching the floor though, being realistic. Probably rather McBride get a couple of minutes of playoff experience honestly.

Our guys might have to start lowering their shoulder when he sets these screens.

If they aren't gonna call it, might as well get cheap with it. Hit him in the sternum once or twice, force them to tighten up the calls.

We dont really have any floppers either, we're trying to go through every screen since we dont switch.

We can easily "act" on a few of these screens and get an extra offensive foul or two

Our guys might have to start lowering their shoulder when he sets these screens.

If they aren't gonna call it, might as well get cheap with it. Hit him in the sternum once or twice, force them to tighten up the calls.

Honestly you start leading with a semi pointed elbow and hit right in the sternum. That’s what I would do when I played competitively :lol:

But you need to do it in a subtle way so you don’t get a T 😂

The screens were pretty noticable all series and it's to the point I'm questioning my basketball knowledge. They're so blatant that I must be missing something

If Philly won last night I think we would have lost tonight as well. With Boston winning, Silver might have made the call. I'm expecting the offensive fouls to be called this evening with Scott Foster out there,

Back
Top Bottom