Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ****ed with Obi because he put in max effort and had a good sideline presence for his teammates, but dude has been pretty bad on the Pacers. Not gonna call him a bust a few weeks into being on a new team but there might've been a reason we couldn't commit to him getting big minutes

its Frank all over again. a lot of folks in here claimed that he just needed the opportunity and the Knicks were holding him (them) back. well, Frank is on this 3rd team and hasn't even played a minute. Obi is starting and has the same averages as when he was coming off the bench for us. Grimes is next.

package Grimes, Randle, Evan, and picks for a couple PFs and we're cooking. although he's played better the last 2 games, we can't allow Randle to continue to have 5/20 games while thinking he's our best player.

DVV > Grimes

93 was a great year. We old now lol

Lots of chatter about the Levine x DeRozan experiment coming to an end in Chicago and one of them being shipped out soon.

What you guys think about swapping Randle for one of them?

93 was a great year. We old now lol

Lots of chatter about the Levine x DeRozan experiment coming to an end in Chicago and one of them being shipped out soon.

What you guys think about swapping Randle for one of them?
Easily yes, but the Bulls will not want to unless the NYK offer another rising star and picks d/t Randle's recent negative tendencies.

yeah woj is hinting about a marquee type of player bigger than derozan and co

i can't come up with anyone other than the small amount of speculation some have had about kat, but they have a pretty good thing developing right now over there and i'm not so sure

I don't really care about Woj's vague Knicks for clicks rumors

Just kicking around realistic situations.

I don't even know which superstar player isn't locked into a long contract on a contending team.

Tired of looking for some pie in the sky, superstar Knick savior that never comes.

The only legit possibility is Embiid and I'm not remotely excited at that possibility. He takes us nowhere except back to being clowned and KO'd early in the playoffs.

KAT comes here and I'm tuned out again for another 5 years. Complete disaster in the making, unless it's almost a straight swap situation and we don't have to give up much to get him.

Most realistic scenario forward is replacing Julius for an equal level talent that fits better, without giving up too much assets and then re-assessing from there.

I don't know who this mystery superstar is that we're supposed to hang our wasted hopes on this time.

Last edited:
KAT’s voice changes a bit much for my liking. Embiid comes at great cost and risk but even tho he’s that dude I don’t want him here neither.

The defense is already staunch but adding another DPOY caliber player is an option I’m down for to get them to the next level.

I’m on the Grimes train just as heavy as I was w/ RJ fwiw.

Trade Randle and Quickley to the Jazz for Markannen and Clarkson or Sexton. Keeps the guard depth we're inevitably gonna lose when Quickley leaves and Markannen isn't a high demand player but is a way more consistent shooter than Randle. Neither guy is a good defender so only thing we'd lose is less rebounding but worth it to dump Randle.

W.e we do, front office is going to have to figure it out sooner than later.

RJ, if this leap is sustainable, is a better player than Randle at this point. Even if he never gets an all-nba team nod.

Nah chill Dubious as the third option rebounding bully is better than all that. Sexton? Where? Lauri is nice but is he available?

Quick & Evan to Toronto for a prime OG is just the push they need. The starting lineup gets bigger sliding RJ to the 2.

I think both teams objectively win. Evan can help them win some games if hidden well enuff on the other end. There’s just no room here for that weak link.

Last edited:
Sabonis is soft too methinks.

Man KP was the perfect upgrade to this Randle character. **** him.

Really don’t wanna move nobody & let this szn ride out but the deadline is still a ways away.

E426E4C9-7CD9-4A9E-97FC-96043936E0CE.jpeg
If there’s actual smoke to the KAT fire, I have to remember he had his best years under Thibs. Surprise surprise.

If they’re a wash defensively, then KAT is the better offensive option. They lose physicality tho.

I can live with this. I keep inputting Quick cuz he needs to start to really get paid. DDv & QG can thrive in his role here.

Back
Top Bottom