OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS COMING SOON)

ordered from adidas at 3am yesterday and delivered at 11:30am today off standard shipping.. it’s only PA to NY but sheesh that was fast lol

I returned the all stars cuz they didn’t do it for me once I had em in hand.. these are cold!!
IMG_2637.jpeg

Rope laces are terrible. Ant uses oval laces.
I’m out the loop because I haven’t got my pair yet (it’ll be my first AE 1s) but do you think these are close?

IMG_2649.jpeg

Here’s a link to the other laces mentioned in the thread - round laces

Idk which one to get lol it looks like round laces in the pics, can anybody confirm one way or the other?

Last edited:
I’m out the loop because I haven’t got my pair yet (it’ll be my first AE 1s) but do you think these are close?

IMG_2649.jpeg

Here’s a link to the other laces mentioned in the thread - round laces

Idk which one to get lol it looks like round laces in the pics, can anybody confirm one way or the other?
AE 1s come with round/rope laces. Either lace you linked will work, I just prefer oval laces cause they don’t create pressure on the top of my foot like round/rope laces do. Oval laces also don’t come untied as easily as rope laces do. And if it really matters to you, Ant uses oval laces in his lace swaps.

This is the one I purchased, but the oval laces you linked are also fluorescent green so they should be the same: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MD3S8H/

I’m size 10.5. 140cm was a perfect match

For size 13, you think 140cm should still work?

It’s 2.5 sizes up but the difference in length of the eyelets, I’m guessing, on the 13 wouldn’t be substantial

Guessing I’ll have a little less length to tie but hopefully enough

The next size up is 160cm and that seems like it would be too long

AE 1s come with round/rope laces. Either lace you linked will work, I just prefer oval laces cause they don’t create pressure on the top of my foot like round/rope laces do. Oval laces also don’t come untied as easily as rope laces do. And if it really matters to you, Ant uses oval laces in his lace swaps.

This is the one I purchased, but the oval laces you linked are also fluorescent green so they should be the same: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MD3S8H/

Appreciate the reply

I find the stock laces (approx. 52-53”/135cm in my size 11) to be excessively long so 140 should be fine. I have 45”/115cm right now in mine and they’re perfect but I also don’t use the last lace hole.

I’m 99% sure all shoe manufacturers use the same length of laces for all men’s sizes, at least the non-big foot ones (14 and under). I don’t think you’ll find different lace lengths until you go down to kid sizes.

I find the stock laces (approx. 52-53”/135cm in my size 11) to be excessively long so 140 should be fine. I have 45”/115cm right now in mine and they’re perfect but I also don’t use the last lace hole.

I’m 99% sure all shoe manufacturers use the same length of laces for all men’s sizes, at least the non-big foot ones (14 and under). I don’t think you’ll find different lace lengths until you go down to kid sizes.
I appreciate the reply

I never swap laces so I ve never really paid attention to length but for these I really dig the look w/ the neon green so I’m gonna try em out

I’ll go 140, thanks again my bro

the ones I ordered, dont' have any issues. I don't have to double knot either. The material on them doesn't slip, its gotta a different grip to them I can tell
Got a link to the ones you ordered? Not sure which green to go with the All Star pair and the White pair.

Was completely on the fence for this model. Decided to pull the trigger and I LOVE EM. Feel like I need all the colorways now. Haven’t felt like this way about adidas since the ultraboost first came out
IMG_1606.jpeg

Bruh I don’t know which spawn of the devil designed this lacing pattern tho, but that was nasty work. My forearms are on fire trying to lace these lol
IMG_1608.jpeg

Happy to have got a pair of the all star. Not so happy with the glue job though.
1000028618.jpg
1000028619.jpg

Agreed...I mean they're a cheaper shoe than most signature shoes so I guess we can't expect the glue quality to be top notch, but I noticed the same on mine. And it might be mental but it seems like the all-star colorway is a little heavier than the Georgia debut colorway?
20240222_143429.jpg

Agreed...I mean they're a cheaper shoe than most signature shoes so I guess we can't expect the glue quality to be top notch, but I noticed the same on mine. And it might be mental but it seems like the all-star colorway is a little heavier than the Georgia debut colorway?
20240222_143429.jpg
You’re not wrong. Just weighed my size 11s:

With Love: 19.0oz
The Future: 20.0oz

adidas AE 1 “MX Charcoal”
Color: Core Black/Charcoal-Carbon
Style Code: IG6668
Release Date: August 2024
Price: $120
adidas-AE-1-Charcoal-IG6668.jpg

adidas-AE-1-MX-Charcoal-IG6668-1.jpg

adidas-AE-1-MX-Charcoal-IG6668-2.jpg

adidas-AE-1-Charcoal-IG6668-1.jpg

adidas-AE-1-MX-Charcoal-IG6668-3.jpg

adidas-AE-1-Charcoal-IG6668-2.jpg

adidas-AE-1-MX-Charcoal-IG6668-4.jpg
I can't tell if I like these or not...part of me says they look like they used to be all black and they got sun damaged/water-spotted/stripped, and part of me says the marbled pattern looks good. I probably lean more towards the sun-damaged end, but I would be interested to see them in person.

Was completely on the fence for this model. Decided to pull the trigger and I LOVE EM. Feel like I need all the colorways now. Haven’t felt like this way about adidas since the ultraboost first came out
IMG_1606.jpeg

Bruh I don’t know which spawn of the devil designed this lacing pattern tho, but that was nasty work. My forearms are on fire trying to lace these lol
IMG_1608.jpeg
Just put those same ones in mine. The 3M with the 3M toebox matches perfect.

You’re not wrong. Just weighed my size 11s:

With Love: 19.0oz
The Future: 20.0oz

Was weighing shoes out of curiosity.. Size 11
Kobe 1 Protro, 17.5oz
Nike Shox bb4, 17.65 oz
Adidas Crazy 1, 18.10oz

I do not ball in the bb4's, collectors item only, and the 1 protro gives me leg fatigue as it is. That's a shame. 19-20oz is inexcusable for a performance shoe in 2024 IMO.

The way these scuff up so easily is kinda disappointing to say the least… for $120 I’m not really tripping but between that and the other minor flaws of this shoe I’m gonna return my all star pair and wait to see if maybe upcoming releases go on discount.

Back
Top Bottom