šŸŽ¾ OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava ā€œagedā€ retro šŸŽ¾

I should have bought the white silver volt pair but I thought it would get dirty too easily. Unfortunately once the neoprene tongue gets dirty thereā€™s no cleaning it too. I still have the regular Volt IIIā€™s and I will get more it they retro.

Did these ever release?
20200522_135116.jpg

Nope I never mentioned anything about the Futures :smile: I wrote that I would think that were will be more future releases,
meaning different models of his line. All I am guessing is that they will retro the Volt IIIā€™s again. But I have no knowledge of that like when I mentioned the Tech Challenge 20ā€™s would release. I havenā€™t heard anything else. That Zoom Challenge pair thatā€™s listed is nice though!

Man, I totally wiffed at that reply. Saw the word "future" and my inner geek took it full throttle, lol!! šŸ˜‚ šŸ‘

Ok, Iā€™m working on getting these made:
B952570A-4856-4C8E-A801-2F5128E71790.jpeg

....but. how does every one feel about the grunge plaid pattern? I worked to create a good pattern, but I wasnā€™t sure if itā€™s good enough:
839E95B0-5636-4E4B-AEDC-733707DE327A.jpeg

Hey Brian, I'm definitely down for both '95 shirts. And yes, DEFINITELY for the grunge plaid shirt! If you need a reference photo, here is my shirt I still have. It's in pretty darn good shape all things considered. I wore it A TON when I played, hence the collar is a little faded. The other shirt is the alternate copper LWP shirt (and in a medium so it's gonna be a little snug) and the Challenge Court Jacket I got off eBay years ago, again in a stupid medium, but thankfully, it's a bit oversized anyhow, just the front is short, but I didn't gain that much weight since I was in my late teens/early 20s (I'm 43 now). It's what having Crohn's disease will do to you. Can't gain a ton of weight. (Steady around 185).

IMG_20200526_223514.jpg
IMG_20200526_223544.jpg
IMG_20200526_223553.jpg

The design for the plaid is pretty good. Only change would be to either shrink the black squares (if I can call them that) as they are smaller on the shirt and/or take the horizontal wide lines and instead of being solid, make them more faded. But I like the idea. Any though of making the other shirt? The thin horizontal stripes he wore at Australia (red stripes) and the French(black stripes)? I have my shirt still but somehow it's not here with the rest. Guess it's still at my folks house. Mmmm.....

Well, I wasn't intent to make that my post for the day above, as something very special was delivered to me by a fellow forum member. I have posted it prior that like others here, I search eBay basically daily with the search words "Nike Agassi" and to find out if anything old pops up. Sometimes good things do. I grabbed his royal satin shorts from the Zoom Challenge II era NWT last summer. Well my grail was to somehow, hopefully find the "Tennis Sucks" skull & cross racquets hat. It has eluded me ever since I missed it back in 95 (heck I bought everything else he wore that summer but the hat). So I search & search to no avail.

That is until I got a very amazing message from fellow forum member nismot nismot . He told me, he has the hat and forgot he did. Was moving some stuff and found it. Basically brand new. And he would be happy to send it my way for nothing!!! I was completely floored by his amazing generosity!! In times like today with people fighting with others due to the world's problems, for someone to send me something for free, knowing he could easily sell it online and get good money for it (and believe me, I offered to pay), shows how good of a person he is. This is what arrived today...
IMG_20200526_223136.jpg
IMG_20200526_223149.jpg

And here is with the rest of my set from that summer (the shirt is still in my possession, but strangely I thought I had it here when I moved out of my folks place. It's at their house and I know where it is. Just gotta go grab it and a few other Agassi line clothes).

IMG_20200526_222745.jpg
IMG_20200526_222816.jpg
IMG_20200526_222834.jpg
IMG_20200526_222909.jpg

When I opened the box, and saw the hat, in as new condition, I actually got choked up a little. It brought back SO MANY memories for me. That year (summer of 95) was when I graduated from high school, but continued to play almost 3 times a week with my high school tennis teammate in the morning before I had to go to work. I got pretty darn good that summer and the following years. I'd say I was an easy 4.0 USTA rating, maybe a 4.5 on some days. He would win some, I'd win some. We'd play best of 3 sets all the time. And this was with me dealing with having severe Ulcerative Colitis for 2 years (such an AWFUL disease). I'd actually stop mid point, concede it to him, and run to the restroom at the park, it was that bad. Eventually needed surgery to remove my large intestine and eventually after that a liver transplant.

But seeing this hat brought back happiness and reminded me again why I love this game so much and why I'm such a fan or Agassi. He got be into tennis summer of 89 when I saw the Hot Lava outfit. He showed me tennis isn't all stuffy white clothing and rich snobby country club types. I still play today, albeit it with my Lobster machine as I can't really find anyone to hit with.

But for nismot nismot to send me this hat, I will forever be grateful to him!!! I've met some good people thoughout my life dealing with all my issues, and he is DEFINITELY one of the good guys! Enjoy the photos everyone. I'm gonna wear this hat tomorrow with a smile on my face! Thanks Tim!!! šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Last edited:
Very nice gesture, I wore the Lwp's for my high school matches and continued to wear them and the rest of the Agassi line playing in college. The Lwps were a perfect tennis shoe. The only problem was that they material would scuff very easily on the upper but so comfortable and light.

Any though of making the other shirt? The thin horizontal stripes he wore at Australia (red stripes) and the French(black stripes)?
Iā€™ll make the inverse of the US Open brown (the black version):
E4036586-D066-4D40-BF87-4A918B0666EF.jpeg

more than anything I want to make the 95 AO. I already made the barbwire-like electric stripes. Itā€™s the cost of the custom collars and cuffs holding me back. Itā€™s At least $1100 to make the collar and cuffs. I estimate I would have to sell 45 to 50 to break even. So if I made them, I would choose the red version over black version because that color is more memorable. however, I could use the cuffs on the black for other projects and it wouldnā€™t be as big of a loss. Would the black sell? I donā€™t know. Maybe not as much as the red. And color matching the red could be problematic...

Well, I wasn't intent to make that my post for the day above, as something very special was delivered to me by a fellow forum member. I have posted it prior that like others here, I search eBay basically daily with the search words "Nike Agassi" and to find out if anything old pops up. Sometimes good things do. I grabbed his royal satin shorts from the Zoom Challenge II era NWT last summer. Well my grail was to somehow, hopefully find the "Tennis Sucks" skull & cross racquets hat. It has eluded me ever since I missed it back in 95 (heck I bought everything else he wore that summer but the hat). So I search & search to no avail.

That is until I got a very amazing message from fellow forum member nismot nismot . He told me, he has the hat and forgot he did. Was moving some stuff and found it. Basically brand new. And he would be happy to send it my way for nothing!!! I was completely floored by his amazing generosity!! In times like today with people fighting with others due to the world's problems, for someone to send me something for free, knowing he could easily sell it online and get good money for it (and believe me, I offered to pay), shows how good of a person he is. This is what arrived today...
IMG_20200526_223136.jpg
IMG_20200526_223149.jpg

And here is with the rest of my set from that summer (the shirt is still in my possession, but strangely I thought I had it here when I moved out of my folks place. It's at their house and I know where it is. Just gotta go grab it and a few other Agassi line clothes).

IMG_20200526_222745.jpg
IMG_20200526_222816.jpg
IMG_20200526_222834.jpg
IMG_20200526_222909.jpg

When I opened the box, and saw the hat, in as new condition, I actually got choked up a little. It brought back SO MANY memories for me. That year (summer of 95) was when I graduated from high school, but continued to play almost 3 times a week with my high school tennis teammate in the morning before I had to go to work. I got pretty darn good that summer and the following years. I'd say I was an easy 4.0 USTA rating, maybe a 4.5 on some days. He would win some, I'd win some. We'd play best of 3 sets all the time. And this was with me dealing with having severe Ulcerative Colitis for 2 years (such an AWFUL disease). I'd actually stop mid point, concede it to him, and run to the restroom at the park, it was that bad. Eventually needed surgery to remove my large intestine and eventually after that a liver transplant.

But seeing this hat brought back happiness and reminded me again why I love this game so much and why I'm such a fan or Agassi. He got be into tennis summer of 89 when I saw the Hot Lava outfit. He showed me tennis isn't all stuffy white clothing and rich snobby country club types. I still play today, albeit it with my Lobster machine as I can't really find anyone to hit with.

But for nismot nismot to send me this hat, I will forever be grateful to him!!! I've met some good people thoughout my life dealing with all my issues, and he is DEFINITELY one of the good guys! Enjoy the photos everyone. I'm gonna wear this hat tomorrow with a smile on my face! Thanks Tim!!! šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Very cool gesture, indeed. I consider myself a very knowledgeable Agassi Nike apparel expert... yet I somehow have never laid eyes on that jacket before!!!! Wow! Add that to my new search list. It looks amazing!!!!! Like you, I associate much of his gear with memories from a certain time in my life. Thanks for sharing.

IMG_20200526_223136.jpg
IMG_20200526_223149.jpg

IMG_20200526_222745.jpg
IMG_20200526_222816.jpg
IMG_20200526_222834.jpg
IMG_20200526_222909.jpg

Well its only fitting for the hat to find its matching shoes! I know itā€™s in good hands!

Props to nismot nismot for his generosity.

05fordgt 05fordgt How's the fit of the cap for you?

The cap fits fantastic. The picture above, the back of the hat, showing that the snapback has to be moved 2 buttons to the left is perfect (that's how it came). Can't imagine that you have to have it snapped to the very last button. Are you sure your hat isn't a youth version?

Well its only fitting for the hat to find its matching shoes! I know itā€™s in good hands!

Thank you again buddy. I got new laces for the LWPs and I cleaned the outsoles a bit. Just gotta get something to fill in the worn spots on the synthetic upper and grab a new insole (the air is long gone). Stay safe buddy!! šŸ‘šŸ‘

The cap fits fantastic. The picture above, the back of the hat, showing that the snapback has to be moved 2 buttons to the left is perfect (that's how it came). Can't imagine that you have to have it snapped to the very last button. Are you sure your hat isn't a youth version?
The tag on mine says "ADULTONE SIZE FITS ALL"... so I assume it does actually mean it's for adults.
And don't think my head is that big as I wear 3/8th fitteds... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom