Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Only thing about that thunder is it might result in lack of attention paid to SB's or anything that would matter. I was a super SB head in early-mid 2000's and sold almost all of them when I was broke after college. By then there was no sever hype on SB's but they were also putting out terrible colorways, stripped fat tongues, and no cushioning.

I used to look for older releases but I could never find anything in my size DS or the prices were too steap.. even worse now of course smh.

True, it's a double edged sword as you don't want the shoe model to be so unpopular that it gets ignored. The concepts, comfort, and most importantly quality materials aren't up to par to where the SB hype is IMO. CWs are nicer, but it's not like they are putting out gems like they did during the golden age.

Yeah, I wonder if interest in the AJ 1 helped fuel the SB Dunk Hype 2.0 we are currently seeing. Both models share Nike Air branding and somewhat similar design. IMO, SB Dunk cws recently have been overall better than all of the recent OG AJ 1 cws as well and, for whatever reason, we weirdly haven’t gotten an OG AJ 1 cw release since 2018 Shadows.

I have been paying particular attention to this all year.. I definitely the Jordan 1 had soemthing to do with it as well as hypebeasts watching TS slowly break them out here and there. The biggest thing I see is how theyve cut back on OG 1 colorways to focus on Mids, SBs, and collabs. Especially the play between OG 1's and mids... we've seen a bunch of mid collabs in the last like month alone.

I have been paying particular attention to this all year.. I definitely the Jordan 1 had soemthing to do with it as well as hypebeasts watching TS slowly break them out here and there. The biggest thing I see is how theyve cut back on OG 1 colorways to focus on Mids, SBs, and collabs. Especially the play between OG 1's and mids... we've seen a bunch of mid collabs in the last like month alone.

Yeah You’re 100% correct-I totally forgot about all the crap they’re doing with Mids... Ugh, why Jordan Brand, why? Just give us decent OG 1 releases and retro OG 1 cws like Chis, Neutral Greys, B/Ws, and the rest of the metallics in stock numbers like the Royals and Shadows in 2017-2018. It’s not that hard.

theres literally one hyped SB model a month, maybe 2. that isn't putting a dent into AJ1 sales

I think this comparison was more related to overall hype of all of the SB Dunks vs the OG AJ 1 2019 releases. In terms of sheer sales, AJ 1s sell more than any other Jordan model if you factor in Mids and the bad quality/cheap Jumpman lows as well. Look at the Space Jam SB Dunk High resale vs Bloodline AJ 1s. Both of these released around the same time and Bloodlines could be had for under retail today while Space Jams are going for around $200-and that’s with $110 retail on the SBs as well.

This year was the first time we didn't get an OG since 2015. I think they realized they blew through their stash too quick in 2015/16 and released too many too fast. Hence why they have been more focused on mids/lows/collabs. If the new mold is true I would think they are going to circle back but give us 1 or maybe 2 OGs a year tops now.

I think this comparison was more related to overall hype of all of the SB Dunks vs the OG AJ 1 2019 releases. In terms of sheer sales, AJ 1s sell more than any other Jordan model if you factor in Mids and the bad quality/cheap Jumpman lows as well. Look at the Space Jam SB Dunk High resale vs Bloodline AJ 1s. Both of these released around the same time and Bloodlines could be had for under retail today while Space Jams are going for around $200-and that’s with $110 retail on the SBs as well.
you're completely overlooking quantities. limited quantities fuel resell. bloodlines were a huge Black Friday JB release, while the space jams have yet to release in most shops. even when they have a full release those space jams will be released in much smaller quantities than bloodlines.

NY to Paris are by far my favorite 1 as of late. I’m letting the color wear naturally, none of that corny custom bs.
Dam you like them better then the LA to Chicago JOINTS. I just rocked my La-Paris and I did love them but to me the La-Chicago joints are better and with them sail laces just fire 🔥

you're completely overlooking quantities. limited quantities fuel resell. bloodlines were a huge Black Friday JB release, while the space jams have yet to release in most shops. even when they have a full release those space jams will be released in much smaller quantities than bloodlines.

True, so maybe I should have used the swooshless Defiants as a better example? Those were limited but are going for well below retail.

This year was the first time we didn't get an OG since 2015. I think they realized they blew through their stash too quick in 2015/16 and released too many too fast. Hence why they have been more focused on mids/lows/collabs. If the new mold is true I would think they are going to circle back but give us 1 or maybe 2 OGs a year tops now.

You’re probably correct about this-I think it’s common knowledge that the new mold is also going to = higher price tag.

Nike/JB know they have to “justify” charging people $190+ for OG AJ 1s in the very near future so what better way to jack up prices than releasing Chis in this new mold

My silly wife really liked one of her birthday gifts.
DF253A30-7FC4-4CC5-B06F-1DD4F3EDE926.jpeg

Attachments

• 502A3F68-A91C-4357-B013-DF5187529964.jpeg
    502A3F68-A91C-4357-B013-DF5187529964.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 85
it might be better if they only release a maroon 5.

If they ever remaster the Maroon and Olive V's, I'm in. I have a rule about keeping other numbered Jordan's to two OG Bulls colorways only with the exception of the Aqua 8. I'd have to break the rules on the Vs as well.

just got my bloodlines and they are so dope. Can’t believe they are sitting like ducks is just crazy to me. Just laced them up with the white laces and I can not wait to rock them ASAP Rocky. Have a blessed day fam

Haven’t bought a pair of 1’s since the Banned Flyknits and the Wings. Both of those ran big. Are these still running half a size big currently?

Back
Top Bottom