• Total voters
F6909BA5-E623-4013-B104-CBB02851B12A.png
12DF181D-47FB-4F4C-B45A-89AE09C0F92A.png
C434CD89-23CB-4B41-9517-1F5409256EE3.png
8C77C9D8-7A47-4689-BEF3-8FF93E963341.png
93E8EA24-67D5-47C2-86A6-C84FC4304329.png
Court Purple's > Court Purple's

1576284052909.png

saw on goat. These actually looking decent to me here - :lol: but I’lljust take out my BTs .... never thrown red laces in em tho 🤔 maybe just the black tongue and aged/worn aesthetic that my BT midsole basically has now too

Last edited:
Glad to hear youre doing ok, sounds like you been through some, and glad that sneakers still bring you some type or joy. Stay well homie!

Thank you buddy. Transplant wise, it's been a great 16 years since I had it done. But the Crohn's is just brutal. I get infusion treatment every 2 months and they really don't help. Had this since I was 16 (when it was Ulcerative Colitis) but after J-Pouch surgery (where they removed all of my large intestine) I was good for over a decade.

But now, the doctors figured it was Crohn's all along a few years ago. Every day is a struggle but I do what I can. I have a wonderful wonderful amazing wife, 3 little cats and I enjoy wearing my sneakers with my jeans. Even if they don't fit what the norm is. I personally, would never call someone out for what they are wearing. Joking or not. Not my place. Thanks again buddy for the well wishes. Happy holiday.

Would you guys trust Stock X if you're in the market for SBB 1.0s?

Really want a pair.

-Drew

Thank you buddy. Transplant wise, it's been a great 16 years since I had it done. But the Crohn's is just brutal. I get infusion treatment every 2 months and they really don't help. Had this since I was 16 (when it was Ulcerative Colitis) but after J-Pouch surgery (where they removed all of my large intestine) I was good for over a decade.

But now, the doctors figured it was Crohn's all along a few years ago. Every day is a struggle but I do what I can. I have a wonderful wonderful amazing wife, 3 little cats and I enjoy wearing my sneakers with my jeans. Even if they don't fit what the norm is. I personally, would never call someone out for what they are wearing. Joking or not. Not my place. Thanks again buddy for the well wishes. Happy holiday.

What was Crohn's like? What do you mean by "doctors figured it was Crohn's all along a few years ago"? Isn't that why you got the pouch in the first place?

What was Crohn's like? What do you mean by "doctors figured it was Crohn's all along a few years ago"? Isn't that why you got the pouch in the first place?

Thanks for asking. Ulcerative Colitis is severe inflammation of the large intestine only, where as Crohn's is the entire digestive system. No surgery for Crohn's, only UC. It's pain (often excruciating, bloating, nausea sometimes, massive discomfort, etc). If medicine doesn't get rid of the symptoms, you can have a 2-part procedure called J-Pouch surgery. It's where they take out your entire large intestine, you have an ostomy for a few months, while the insides heal. After a few months, you go back for the "takedown" where they remove the outside bag, and rehook everything up internally. My only hiccup was the day of the 2nd surgery (I mean I was prepped and ready to go inside the room) I was jaundice (this was the start of my liver failure and eventual need for a liver transplant 15 months later.

Once I had the takedown, I felt great. No pain, I was eating foods I hadn't eaten in over 10 years, and I could do things I never could do (long trips without having to thing of finding a restroom ASAP). But about 12 years later, I wasn't doing well, and wasn't sure what it was. Went to my GI in Philly, and they did some tests and realized the inflammation was now in my small intestine. Which I didn't understand since they removed the large and I had nothing in the small. It was dormant in there until it woke up. Got really bad as I was down to about 160 lbs (and I'm 6 ft). Multiple scopes later and all the different drugs, they did a scope this past January and it was REAL BAD! Doctor scheduled infusion right away. Bit sadly, it doesn't seem to work. Still going to the restroom 15-25 times a day on average (has been more).

I still work every day, never call out. I go about my day the best I can and keep a smile on my face (though it's hard sometimes). My wife is amazing. She helps any way possible (I'd be lost without her. She's my best friend and my true soulmate). Trying to figure out a possible new profession to get rid of the stress my current job (which I've had for over 23 years) brings me (and stress is #1 for GI disorders). Cutting out all surgery drinks has helped me feel better in terms of overall health. Not jumpy anymore from too much sugar. Glad I did that. These diseases have really exploded recently due to the processed foods people eat. They awake symptoms. It's a terrible disease (which I've had since 16 and I'm 43 now) I would NEVER wish on anyone.

Thanks for asking. Ulcerative Colitis is severe inflammation of the large intestine only, where as Crohn's is the entire digestive system. No surgery for Crohn's, only UC. It's pain (often excruciating, bloating, nausea sometimes, massive discomfort, etc). If medicine doesn't get rid of the symptoms, you can have a 2-part procedure called J-Pouch surgery. It's where they take out your entire large intestine, you have an ostomy for a few months, while the insides heal. After a few months, you go back for the "takedown" where they remove the outside bag, and rehook everything up internally. My only hiccup was the day of the 2nd surgery (I mean I was prepped and ready to go inside the room) I was jaundice (this was the start of my liver failure and eventual need for a liver transplant 15 months later.

Once I had the takedown, I felt great. No pain, I was eating foods I hadn't eaten in over 10 years, and I could do things I never could do (long trips without having to thing of finding a restroom ASAP). But about 12 years later, I wasn't doing well, and wasn't sure what it was. Went to my GI in Philly, and they did some tests and realized the inflammation was now in my small intestine. Which I didn't understand since they removed the large and I had nothing in the small. It was dormant in there until it woke up. Got really bad as I was down to about 160 lbs (and I'm 6 ft). Multiple scopes later and all the different drugs, they did a scope this past January and it was REAL BAD! Doctor scheduled infusion right away. Bit sadly, it doesn't seem to work. Still going to the restroom 15-25 times a day on average (has been more).

I still work every day, never call out. I go about my day the best I can and keep a smile on my face (though it's hard sometimes). My wife is amazing. She helps any way possible (I'd be lost without her. She's my best friend and my true soulmate). Trying to figure out a possible new profession to get rid of the stress my current job (which I've had for over 23 years) brings me (and stress is #1 for GI disorders). Cutting out all surgery drinks has helped me feel better in terms of overall health. Not jumpy anymore from too much sugar. Glad I did that. These diseases have really exploded recently due to the processed foods people eat. They awake symptoms. It's a terrible disease (which I've had since 16 and I'm 43 now) I would NEVER wish on anyone.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the holidays and the new year bring you health.

Would you guys trust Stock X if you're in the market for SBB 1.0s?

Really want a pair.

-Drew
If I was gonna spend that much I would be staying away from StockX. I wouldn’t take the chance but that’s me. Best of luck in your search.

Last edited:

I was trying to get the opinions of everyone in the thread if they would suggest using stock x or goat if they were in the market for Shattered Backboard 1.0s or is it too risky and should I just cop from Stadium Goods or Flight Club?

-Drew

I was trying to get the opinions of everyone in the thread if they would suggest using stock x or goat if they were in the market for Shattered Backboard 1.0s or is it too risky and should I just cop from Stadium Goods or Flight Club?

-Drew

me personally I would feel more comfortable making a bigger purchase on GOAT, although I have made similar sized purchases on StockX too and haven’t had any issues. StockX seems to let more things through, likely due to their larger volume. Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom