Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Those 4lab1 are straight fufu ugly man... Smh... I feel like they tried to make people hate the 1s with that design lol

I like the NYC's... I'm a sucker for speckled midsoles. Also like the subtle amount of red that is only on the tongue. Definitely wouldn't drop resale price on em but they're still nice, can't knock 'em.
Im DEFINITELY feeling em, Id trade my Royals 13' for them in a min...

Last edited:
Anyone get tracking info on their Jeters yet? Still in "Preparing to ship" stage. 
eyes.gif

Straps are no good in my book. Never understood why they even added a strap

It was and still is one of the worst ideas ever in that company. Stupid.

Released because MJ wore strapped ones in '85 after an ankle injury

Albeit the straps were much different in the PE pair I think this is JB sending a nod toward these
Where did you hear that? I'm pretty sure the NTer that bought those strapped 1 PEs found them after the strapped 1s came out.

Out of curiosity, what are people's opinion/review on using sneaker shields on their Bred/Royal 1s? Unnecessary? Uncomfortable? Effective? Do they really make your 1s feel 0.5-1size smaller?

Called NIke rep about my Jeters, she said that all shipping conformations should be send out by tom....if that heplps 

Out of curiosity, what are people's opinion/review on using sneaker shields on their Bred/Royal 1s? Unnecessary? Uncomfortable? Effective? Do they really make your 1s feel 0.5-1size smaller?

Very necessary.... It's the equivalent of wearing starched up Ben Davis's. So fresh and so clean. Creasefree stunting....

I have sneakershields but do not wear them on my everyday beaters like shadows and LMs. End result is that the shadows are creased the hell up, but have character. The LMs on the other hand have held up much better with less creasing because of the quality and for those I think sneakershields are not necessary. I do however wear them on my Royals and have done so about 40-50 times. I think they are very effective (see below) and I highly recommend them. I will likely stop wearing them though as the shoe ages.

All of my 1s are in my true size and as a result I find that sneaker shields are uncomfortable with the OG/nike insole because my foot tends to rub against the shield. Overall I think it makes the shoe .5 sz smaller when used with the stock insole. Because of that, I typically use a gel insole that sits lower and leads me to have no issues.

So in the end are they unnecessary? Depends on your tolerance for creases.  Uncomfortable? Depends if the shoe is in your true size as well as whether you are using a different insole. Effective? Hells yeah.. and I definitely walk normal and without a care when wearing them.

Last edited:
No sneaker shields in my 1's. I just let them age gracefully...

Granted I rarely ever wear the trinity but nonetheless 1's look good with light creasing

Just got shipping email from NDC.
Yep, count me in too.

As far as the sneakershields, I wear them in certain shoes (DB3s, DB5s as examples) that I really don't want to bang up, and I think look bad creased up. They're comfortable if they're trimmed properly, and secured well.

Not in the 1s though. They're a shoe I think actually looks pretty good a bit beat up. They wouldn't look right to me on foot without a crease here and there.

I have shields in my BC3's BC4's and Millitary blue 4's. I hate the way 3's and 4's crease but everything else I'll let crease, even my solar 2's

Hasn't it been said about the sneaker shields that cutting them along the side (a certain way they instruct you to) relieves you of the discomfort? I too have interest in purchasing to try out.

Hasn't it been said about the sneaker shields that cutting them along the side (a certain way they instruct you to) relieves you of the discomfort? I too have interest in purchasing to try out.
They sell them pre cut now. Just get those. IMO still will be uncomfortable with a shoe that is your true size. That's why I had to throw in a different insole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom