Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
never understood the hype of both fo them. them aftermarket prices were cray. then the fall lol

got a pair of 1s in the other day from goat

opened the package today to find no paper in the box, spare laces detached (still in the bag, tho), no cardboard shoe trees, factory lacing undone, and slight lint on the insoles (as if they've been tried on)

have goat's standards slipped or something?

aren't these things that should've been mentioned and disqualified the pair from being listed like a normal listing?

or am i just being too anal?

the outsoles appear clean and the pair checks out otherwise, but damn, if i'm paying resell i expect everything to be there and for the shoe to be completely ds (which is why i even go with goat over stockx to begin with)

^ you're being anal lol.

DSM 1's were dope in the sense that they had a iridescent effect. But I ended up not keeping it because of it being patent leather and for me, PL sneakers doesn't age well physically lol. They definitely shouldn't have been priced at $700 out the gate lol

These were fun as hell to wear.
10231879-E72E-40BE-8D3B-1BB8BE06D60E.jpeg
BE5C2C0A-C279-4D98-BA0E-52B10F6CB89C.jpeg

This entire age well convo is silly.

Not a single one of us know what will, or won't age well. (Even if it's based on your personal preferences, at the moment.) As you grow, so do your tastes. What you love today, you'll hate tomorrow. (Vice versa)

At the peak of the Jordan 11 hype (ya know, this era)
eae162625db87dcc71407598e39723dcfe4df50f_r_68717371527846.gif

If you walked in the party with some Unions or Travis Scott's, most of them would've been hitting you with this..
ImmaculateComposedCoelacanth-size_restricted_69174671698453.gif

And now look, Jordan 1s are way harder to obtain and more sought after than any 11.

These were fun as hell to wear.
10231879-E72E-40BE-8D3B-1BB8BE06D60E.jpeg
BE5C2C0A-C279-4D98-BA0E-52B10F6CB89C.jpeg
Nice man. I'm glad you like them. Haven't UnDsed mine but will soon. I had the first zooms that creased horribly but I got these knowing how comfortable they were. Just hate the translucent soles on all of them but wtvr.

No one was wearing Jordan 1s during the baggy jean era.

Funny enough, I remember when people were wearing cargo pants and bootcut jeans while thirsting over post-NYC Pigeon era SB Dunks... Funny how that hype train has somehow come back around, especially when you could pickup SB Dunk lows on sale at skate shops and Nike outlets for $50 in FSRs in 2015... The entire sneaker game is hilariously ironic at times lol

This entire age well convo is silly.

Not a single one of us know what will, or won't age well. (Even if it's based on your personal preferences, at the moment.) As you grow, so do your tastes. What you love today, you'll hate tomorrow. (Vice versa)

At the peak of the Jordan 11 hype (ya know, this era)
eae162625db87dcc71407598e39723dcfe4df50f_r_68717371527846.gif

If you walked in the party with some Unions or Travis Scott's, most of them would've been hitting you with this..
ImmaculateComposedCoelacanth-size_restricted_69174671698453.gif

And now look, Jordan 1s are way harder to obtain and more sought after than any 11.

Yet, somehow, someway over the span of almost 34 years now, Nike/JB have NEVER been able to make the AJ 2 a thing... The Don C collab were probably the closest they’ve ever come. I think that might be the biggest failure by far of the entire OG 1-14 run.

TS1’s not aging well? Y’all prob the same ones gushing over bloodlines and how everyone slept while they’ll eventually turn into grails.
I'm not sure if they will or won't, just saying that some stuff hits one day and looks wild the next. I'm indifferent on the TS1 so I don't have a dog in that fight.

Yet, somehow, someway over the span of almost 34 years now, Nike/JB have NEVER been able to make the AJ 2 a thing... The Don C collab were probably the closest they’ve ever come. I think that might be the biggest failure by far of the entire OG 1-14 run.
That shoe will never be a go for me. It's not totally ugly but definitely the weakest out of a fire line-up of close to perfect designs.

That shoe will never be a go for me. It's not totally ugly but definitely the weakest out of a fire line-up of close to perfect designs.

Yeah I honestly don’t know what went so horribly wrong there, especially considering the Air Jordan 1 before it and the Air Jordan 3 after it are considered two of the most iconic designs in the entire history of human footcoverings in general.

No one was wearing Jordan 1s during the baggy jean era.
That's another reason for growing 1s hype in recent years.... because of how good they look with slim/ skinny/ tapered/ stacked jeans.

I lost interest in Jordan’s during the 2000s cuz it felt pointless to wear nice kicks when all you could see was the tip of the shoe. So I started wearing timbs and doc martens so I wouldn’t drag the jeans too much

Once jeans started getting slimmer again my interest in Js came back and I’m glad it did because I was able to grab all the remastered Js I wanted. Whether I keep wearing them as fashion changes I’m not sure, but it makes me happy to know I have them in my closet

Yeah I honestly don’t know what went so horribly wrong there, especially considering the Air Jordan 1 before it and the Air Jordan 3 after it are considered two of the most iconic designs in the entire history of human footcoverings in general.
I think they veered in the wrong direction. If I'm not mistaken they tried to go more Lux with the 2 and that just doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom