Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The crux of this whole discussion has become "I think thing I currently like will age well" / "I think thing I currently don't like won't age well"

Can see the age and distress projects on them Mochas now.

I like em. But am also not feeling em.

Maybe it’s too close to Travs.

Yeah I honestly don’t know what went so horribly wrong there, especially considering the Air Jordan 1 before it and the Air Jordan 3 after it are considered two of the most iconic designs in the entire history of human footcoverings in general.

the 1's didn't even have success selling when it first came out. But the design on it was familiar with a few nikes that looked like the 1's so that probably helped boost some popularity. 2's success was equally as bad, if not worse than the 1's. And 3's was tinker, the rest is history. Shame that people always associate the 3's with MJ's dunk contest, but MJ won his first dunk contest wearing 2's and those get zero recognition lol.

Last edited:
Baggy jean era. It was about the 3s, 4s, 5s, 11s
2nd tier - 6s, 7s, 9s, 12s
3rd tier - 8s, 10s, 13s, 14s
Leftovers - 1s, 2s, 15s

IMO

1s in the same category as 2s and 15s??

E138886F-5632-4B96-A125-E4A3BFB9C890.gif

Lol I love 1s

That list is just how EYE saw Jordan’s as far as popularity in the baggy jeans era. Aka nobody wore em lol

haha I know, I was just messing with you, fam... I don’t think anyone on NT would argue those three shoes are at the same level of design quality.

Nobody wore em because JB took a hiatus from the Nike air branding on 1’s.

Most jumpman 1’s are trash.

Yeah and I hate how Nike/JB are pushing so many Jumpman 1s nowadays... Some of the cws are decent but the branding and cheap materials kills them. Not to mention they’ve more or less completely killed the OG Air Jordan 1 low line (save for some limited run/collab).

Freakin’ Gentryfication of the Air Jordan 1 in its purest form.

Reactions: SBA
TS1s will age fine. Keeping it a whole four quarters doe, with all due respect to Travis :lol:, best thing about them is the Mocha suede

if you're able to spare the time, anybody mind legit-checking these la-to-chis i got:

appreciate it if you can (and i always rep of course lol)!

some revisionist history going on. '01 release had overnight campouts at NTSF. how does that equate to no one wearing them? theres a difference between "no one was wearing them" and "i didn't wear them"

You have to understand that individuals who make the claim that no one was wearing a shoe 19 years ago most likely wasn’t aware of sneakers or alive in 2001. Not only that, said individual has somewhat of a point. The Air Jordan 1 is more popular now than it ever was before too. In 2001 all of us sneaker enthusiasts were still niche. This was a subculture that 9 out of 10 people were unaware existed. It still trips me out that this site has multiple generations spanning its membership base. For us older heads, we have watched trends come and go and comeback again.

Back
Top Bottom