Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Sad that zoom is still the performance gold standard after 25 years. You would think that they could have come up with something better by now.

Yeah this is a great point-Nike still uses Zoom and hasn’t made anything near as comfortable as Boost.. It’s honestly mind-boggling.

Maybe it’s because they have such a big market share?

Yeah this is a great point-Nike still uses Zoom and hasn’t made anything near as comfortable as Boost.. It’s honestly mind-boggling.

Maybe it’s because they have such a big market share?

Zoom done correctly is MAD comfortable, and React (in some implementations) is better than Boost, IMO. The problem is that there are a million different implementations, and you can't just depend on the fact that something containing Zoom will be comfortable. Top-loaded, bottom-loaded, Zoom strobel, forefoot, heel, hex pods, different volume units, double-stacked, plus it's set into a million different varieties of foam with varying degrees of compression and density.

At the end of the day, everyone's feet are different, and there is no singular "best" or "ideal" cushion for every person and every situation. I think that the UltraBoost and NMD were so widely accepted and loved mainly because the stretchiness of the primeknit upper basically allowed them to fit just about any size/type of foot. Almost nothing with Boost that didn't have a Primeknit upper or Kanye attached to it has ever been super-widely touted as beeing any singularly superior shoe or cushion.

Yet with all their R&D money, they STILL have no response to Boost... I can only assume Nike doesn’t care about improving this type of tech at this point, especially since React is a far inferior tech.
Bruh any uncomfortable shoe is improved with some aftermarket insoles. All this air sole, boost, **** is gimmicks. Cosmetic comfort.

Bruh any uncomfortable shoe is improved with some aftermarket insoles. All this air sole, boost, **** is gimmicks. Cosmetic comfort.
whats the best aftermarket insoles for 1's...i walk alot, and 1's are the most uncomfortable of all my shoes to walk a long distance in

Tokyos not hyped or anything? Figured it would be alot more hype for them, resale right now is just around $300. Sounds good to me honestly. :lol:

honestly might cop at resale tonight as backup. Odds of hitting on SNKRS already low and they’re only going to go up in ‘value’ from here

the 1's didn't even have success selling when it first came out. But the design on it was familiar with a few nikes that looked like the 1's so that probably helped boost some popularity. 2's success was equally as bad, if not worse than the 1's. And 3's was tinker, the rest is history. Shame that people always associate the 3's with MJ's dunk contest, but MJ won his first dunk contest wearing 2's and those get zero recognition lol.
I thought Jordan 1s sold really well, but after they took off Nike made so many pairs that the market was flooded and went on sale, which led to skaters buying them for a cheap shoe with some impact protection to shred .

You wild’n. React was the response to Boost and it is just as soft/pliable and has better response and bounce back. Both are one in the same in terms of overall step in comfort. You might be the only person still singing Boost praises in 2020. It ain’t all that anymore. So many other comparable options available now. React being the best one. To say it’s far inferior to Boost is a hell of a stretch IMO. Maybe not as popular. I’ll give you that.

What React shoe is as comfortable as Ultraboosts? I own 87s and Prestos and they ain’t it. I’ll admit I didn’t bother with the Jordan 1 Reacts because they look awful. Adidas is putting out mostly garbage lately but Boost is still the most comfortable foam cushioning.

Bot talk... Somewhere around 11:40 mark counting down, dude said manual users have little chance to hit in these and the Tokyo's. The lingo is over my head when it comes to discord and other stuff he mentions. Just wanted to share...

What React shoe is as comfortable as Ultraboosts? I own 87s and Prestos and they ain’t it. I’ll admit I didn’t bother with the Jordan 1 Reacts because they look awful. Adidas is putting out mostly garbage lately but Boost is still the most comfortable foam cushioning.

To you it is lol. The Epic React Flyknit 1 and 2 are the most comparable models to the UB if you want an accurate comparison. They were made as a direct response to the UB. The reacts are just as “pillow like” as the UB. They actually feel better and have more response AND stability than boost too.

This bot tip really weak AF to me when people are getting shoes to become middlemen. I get it...get your coin but for these companies not combating bots, yall trash

Nice. SNKRS app hung up for a bit but still got through
Air Jordan 1 High OG.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom