Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Do those you tubers who get literally every single release actually buy them? Does @illistic ? :lol: not trying to pocket watch but yea I was curious

I’m guessing it’s a mix, maybe they’ll get some free pairs if they’re big enough

I know a few that get blessed by the shop to shoot the vid. Foamer Simpson does it, Tom Stefani(he doesn't get blessed but if a shoe is hot he'll have use someone else's pair), Seth Fowler will straight up sh*t on and regret something he just copped. He's done it a few times like with that white/yellow luggage pair.

I just don’t like the hype cycle. A shoe (like let’s say the Grateful Dead dunks that just released) is THE HOTTEST shoe of the year and it just gets insane in the week leading up to the release. Then, not even a couple days later, the next one takes the spot and it’s almost like last weeks don’t matter.
I understand how the shoe companies work but god, it’s getting old.

I just don’t like the hype cycle. A shoe (like let’s say the Grateful Dead dunks that just released) is THE HOTTEST shoe of the year and it just gets insane in the week leading up to the release. Then, not even a couple days later, the next one takes the spot and it’s almost like last weeks don’t matter.

U nailed it.

We all know where this is going...
IMG_20200814_124341.jpg

Result:
IMG_20200814_154624.jpg

IMG_20200814_154527.jpg

Decided to snap some pics with the 2015s. Buying another pair to make black toes. Hot day just got hotter :smokin

This can applied for everything. Trends, entertainment, celebs, technology.

That's just how society moves.

I had a few friends who worked in footstores, the manager doesn't let every employee get dibs. And if you did get dibs, you wouldn't get dibs on every release. They also do a raffle among the employees to see who can get a chance to secure a pair. Unless you're the manager, even being an employee isn't guaranteed a pair
I wish more people understood this before claiming all that backdoor stuff.

Copped two pairs before GOAT a week before the release day due to how limited I found out they were. I still tried an SNKRS, and caught a L. Good thing I copped on GOAT at the time I did because the current price is more than what I paid for both pairs. These were executed perfectly IMO...
20200814_201809.jpg

With the 2010 Silver Anniversaries aka 25th Anniversary...
20200814_201543.jpg

Back
Top Bottom