• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
You'd be selling yourself short.

Although stockX has its flaws like I said earlier it's here to stay. Their market share is only growing. They've expanded into everything from electronics, to trading cards.

People are reselling more and more everyday goods regularly now. StockX is the hub of those goods. Even if nike takes away some of those sneaker sales they (StockX) will just find another things that the culture is willing to pay extra for.

Someone is coming for their share. Just watch.

Someone is coming for their share. Just watch.

That's inevitable, but that person will have a big hill to climb. They will need to "master" the authentication of: sneakers, furniture, art, clothing, electronics, purses, watches, trading cards, and probably a slew of other products Im not even aware of.

By the way I root for competition in all markets it only benefits us as consumers, just saying that selling stockX now when both the system and culture are finally in line would be foolish.

Sneakers are harder to cop than ever before and it seems like this will be the standard going forward. Kids are literally learning to write code just to create bots that can purchase items (it's past shoes and concert tickets at this point, people are botting game systems and makeup).

As long as this is the norm stockX will be eating good.

That's inevitable, but that person will have a big hill to climb. They will need to "master" the authentication of: sneakers, furniture, art, clothing, electronics, purses, watches, trading cards, and probably a slew of other products Im not even aware of.

By the way I root for competition in all markets it only benefits us as consumers, just saying that selling stockX now when both the system and culture are finally in line would be foolish.

Sneakers are harder to cop than ever before and it seems like this will be the standard going forward. Kids are literally learning to write code just to create bots that can purchase items (it's past shoes and concert tickets at this point, people are botting game systems and makeup).

As long as this is the norm stockX will be eating good.

I hope someone comes along and crushes them.

48BC26D2-9142-452D-A0F6-FB031D06F4ED.jpeg

I don’t know if their model is sustainable though. They’re essentially the StubHub of resellers. All it would take would be for Nike to create or buy a reselling platform for Nikes/Js (honestly, I think they might as well at this point) much like Ticketmaster did and StockX would take a HUGE hit and even potentially be out of business (unlike Ticketmaster, I don’t think the US government is going to investigate a sneaker selling and reselling monopoly). It’s already been widely reported that StockX has sold fakes so it’s not like they have the best credibility in the industry anyways.
I’m almost certain that Nike can’t legally create or invest in a secondary-market platform that is focused on selling the same products that they sell at retail, but above retail prices. Also, their shareholders would likely sue lol

I’m almost certain that Nike can’t legally create or invest in a secondary-market platform that is focused on selling the same products that they sell at retail, but above retail prices. Also, their shareholders would likely sue lol

How so? Ticketmaster was able to do this, why can’t Nike?

Foot Locker invested heavily in GOAT, and they sell those exact same products in stores (it’s unlikely but it wouldn’t even surprise me if FL listed some pairs directly on GOAT) why would it matter if Nike invested or started a company that authenticated their old shoes? I’m sure everyone would trust Nike’s own authentication service vs StockX, for example.

I hope someone comes along and crushes them.
I hope a better system is created for consumers to get products at retail price.

Quiet as kept, I appreciate that there is a hub for things like shoes etc. I remember a time when you had to scour the internet and physical stores to find certain sneakers and even then you could turn up with nothing. At least with a hub we know where to go as both a buyer and seller of obscure/ niche products.

StockX also works great as a reference point for going rate/ demand of certain kicks. The data side of stockX alone is probably worth a billy low key.

StockX also works great as a reference point for going rate/ demand of certain kicks. The data side of stockX alone is probably worth a billy low key.

StockX’s absurd fees for both buyers and sellers offsets the pricing though. Like if you buy a pair for $300 from eBay (authenticated, obviously), StockX, and GOAT, the StockX fees are significantly higher on average than eBay and even GOAT.

Only reason to sell on StockX is if you have a pair that is off in some way. No other reason to use them, outside of requiring a more liberal authentication check. GOAT sell prices tend to be higher, without the ridiculous fees.

Only reason to sell on StockX is if you have a pair that is off in some way. No other reason to use them, outside of requiring a more liberal authentication check. GOAT sell prices tend to be higher, without the ridiculous fees.

shoes sell quicker on stockx for the same amount, more foot traffic on stockx and more user friendly on there compared to goat.

I've listed the same shoe on both stockx and goat because I had doubles. Wasn't a crazy high valued shoe so difference wasn't that big of a deal to me even tho goat profits nets less than stockx even when sold at the same listed price. On stockx, I would constantly get notifications of people bidding higher or lower. Meanwhile on goat I rarely get any people bidding.

I can't speak for anyone, but I think stockX still just has more of the market share, both because they offer more products and because they have more noteriety.

I've bought and sold on both but I use SX data much more than I do goat since they kind of hide their recent sales etc.

The fees suck for sure but that's the cost of doing that type of business in 2021 honestly.

Lately eBay has been my go to for buys. They get what they get from the seller but all they getting from me is tax and shipping.

Last edited:
shoes sell quicker on stockx for the same amount, more foot traffic on stockx and more user friendly on there compared to goat.

This.

Like I said I use stockX all the time just for the data. I like to measure the trends of **** I may buy down the line and it's very easy to do on StockX.

Yes I pay a premium when I purchase but probably 1% of my time on SX is an actual transaction, the rest is purely data related. Part of that "premium" we pay is for that data.

This.

Like I said I use stockX all the time just for the data. I like to measure the trends of **** I may buy down the line and it's very easy to do on StockX.

Yes I pay a premium when I purchase but probably 1% of my time on SX is an actual transaction, the rest is purely data related. Part of that "premium" we pay is for that data.

**** them and their “data.”

Its a god damn free for all on there.

lmao I’ve mentioned this before but I’ve legitimately worn shoes (with sneaker shields of course) and later cleaned them up and sold them on StockX, never once did I have an issue with them accepting them. I’ve also received questionable pairs from StockX and even got a pair of Questions with the “Q” falling off that they approved before this so I don’t really care, that place is a damn mess lol

lmao I’ve mentioned this before but I’ve legitimately worn shoes (with sneaker shields of course) and later cleaned them up and sold them on StockX, never once did I have an issue with them accepting them. I’ve also received questionable pairs from StockX and even got a pair of Questions with the “Q” falling off that they approved before this so I don’t really care, that place is a damn mess lol
That's ****** up. While you're at it, just go ahead and send em some reps too. Get your money up

That's ****ed up. While you're at it, just go ahead and send em some reps too. Get your money up

Well selling fakes is extremely illegal but I’m 1000% sure it happens ever so often on StockX. Ironically though, it was proven StockX actually let’s some reps through.

I was SHOCKED that they sold Mars Yard 2.0 reps on there given how much they go for :sick:

I actually tried to file a claim that I received a questionable pair of 1s on there a few years ago and they told me to kick rocks since they said they never sell fakes. If I buy anything off of StockX, I know that there are some inherent risks of doing so.

StockX Mars Yard 2.0 debacle:

They have the nerve to charge all these fees with their atrocious customer service. I use to defend GOAT, but after this last release i'm done with them as well. There's no reason not to respond to a customer support ticket for days at a time. It's all good tho, reported them to the Better Business Bureau yesterday. They wanna play, we can play. **** both StockX and GOAT.

24 hours later after reporting them to the BBB, I checked and saw my order had been cancelled, and that I had been issued my refund as well as my GOAT credit. Amazing that I had to do all that just to get a decent response :smh:

Back
Top Bottom