Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
An actual picture of the Smoke Grey 1s. Looks like the grey parts are actually suede or nubuck.
6C5F14AA-2202-4F3B-8628-B75EA73F6393.jpeg

Keep putting junk out so we can become wealthy by saving.
Absolutely this. Outside of the Court Purples (and maybe the rumored White/Navy/Silver 1s if they look like the 2001 Japan pair), no 1s do anything for me this year.

Count me in for those 1s...I wld gamble w)/ em going on sale, but I know how ppl are once the date gets closer or better pics. Imma instantly toss some red laces in and it's a wrap

lol’d at the part where the pebble came from the carpet :lol:

Wow, you must have the cleanest carpets in the whole world! You never had ANYTHING fall in them? My wife & I never wear our shoes in the house, yet, things get in your shoes, on your coat, clothes, etc and fall to the ground. And so I have the proof, here is the pic of the pebble in question. Very very very tiny.
Screenshot_20200324-170900.png

Notice that there is ZERO dirt, grime in the grooves? It's because I never wore them. And the pebble wasn't in them when I took them out of the box, lol.

I misspoke on the condition, my apologies! Shouldn't have used DS. Should have said never worn outside & tried on (one shoe) once in my room! I did try the right shoe on when I first bought them in 2004. Why did I have them since and never wore them? I dunno? I'm sure I'm not the only one who buys shoes and tries them on once and never actually wears them. Plus I was dealing with boatloads of medical problems then (just had a liver transplant & a bowel obstruction during that time).

I was going to let this go, but since others kept making fun of my post, for the sake of it, here are the shoes. They are French Blue 12s not Flint Grey. Forgot what they were as I actually hadn't opened the box back up since I sent them late last summer . You can tell they were never worn as with Jordan XIIs the creasing is instant you wear them and can't get rid of it (and no, I never have not would I try that iron trick. I am one who doesn't mind creasing, especially in Jordan 1s). Plus 2004 retros had really nice soft leather so they crease easily.

IMG_20200324_163257.jpg
IMG_20200324_163307.jpg
IMG_20200324_163416.jpg

I will say, that the original paper has been left in them. When you leave that in, it does leave marks on the soles as it does yellow over time (paper is acidic I believe, someone correct me on that) Probably should have taken that out but back then, no one thought much of it.

All I'm trying to do is move a large part of my collection because it's that time. You reach a point in your life and realize what is more important to you. I'll still buy certain releases (upcoming OG V, Fire Red 4), but once that day happened when I hesitated on a release, I knew it was time to move on. Keep a decent few and off the rest to others who would want them. I'm 43 and NOT a guy who buys the newest release to flip. Just ask around in the Agassi thread and ask Nelson and a few others. 👍 Not trying to pull one over on someone, just was shocked they said they were worn (and my definition is wearing them actually around).

Of freakin course JB had to mess up the smoke greys. Why did I get my hopes up? Kind of a sad state of affairs when hoping for average quality leather and no gimmicks is still asking for too much.
I'm 100% out if that pic is the real thing. Literally just give me "meh" Yin Yang leather and no suede and you had my money JB....damn

Wow, you must have the cleanest carpets in the whole world! You never had ANYTHING fall in them? My wife & I never wear our shoes in the house, yet, things get in your shoes, on your coat, clothes, etc and fall to the ground. And so I have the proof, here is the pic of the pebble in question. Very very very tiny.
Screenshot_20200324-170900.png

Notice that there is ZERO dirt, grime in the grooves? It's because I never wore them. And the pebble wasn't in them when I took them out of the box, lol.

I misspoke on the condition, my apologies! Shouldn't have used DS. Should have said never worn outside & tried on (one shoe) once in my room! I did try the right shoe on when I first bought them in 2004. Why did I have them since and never wore them? I dunno? I'm sure I'm not the only one who buys shoes and tries them on once and never actually wears them. Plus I was dealing with boatloads of medical problems then (just had a liver transplant & a bowel obstruction during that time).

I was going to let this go, but since others kept making fun of my post, for the sake of it, here are the shoes. They are French Blue 12s not Flint Grey. Forgot what they were as I actually hadn't opened the box back up since I sent them late last summer . You can tell they were never worn as with Jordan XIIs the creasing is instant you wear them and can't get rid of it (and no, I never have not would I try that iron trick. I am one who doesn't mind creasing, especially in Jordan 1s). Plus 2004 retros had really nice soft leather so they crease easily.

IMG_20200324_163257.jpg
IMG_20200324_163307.jpg
IMG_20200324_163416.jpg

I will say, that the original paper has been left in them. When you leave that in, it does leave marks on the soles as it does yellow over time (paper is acidic I believe, someone correct me on that) Probably should have taken that out but back then, no one thought much of it.

All I'm trying to do is move a large part of my collection because it's that time. You reach a point in your life and realize what is more important to you. I'll still buy certain releases (upcoming OG V, Fire Red 4), but once that day happened when I hesitated on a release, I knew it was time to move on. Keep a decent few and off the rest to others who would want them. I'm 43 and NOT a guy who buys the newest release to flip. Just ask around in the Agassi thread and ask Nelson and a few others. 👍 Not trying to pull one over on someone, just was shocked they said they were worn (and my definition is wearing them actually around).

Did StockX send you that photo of the pebble? If so, I should've asked them what was wrong with the pair I tried to get rid of since they said it showed signs of wear :angry:. I get my DS pair sent back yet I see plenty of stories of people receiving clearly worn pairs from StockX.

I was talking to this shoe store that had offwhite prestos sz 13 for 1050. I asked for pics and the offwhite on the insoles was totally gone smdh. Im all for supporting small businesses but I just cant with sneaker stores sometimes, not saying they have deals out there.

Back
Top Bottom