Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Dudes tried to come at me when I said they wasn't deadstock. Stockx is very lenient as to what they let slide at least in my experience so for them to return his pair let me know the shoes showed obvious signs of wear.

I was talking to this shoe store that had offwhite prestos sz 13 for 1050. I asked for pics and the offwhite on the insoles was totally gone smdh. Im all for supporting small businesses but I just cant with sneaker stores sometimes, not saying they have deals out there.
You should've pointed that out and used that as a negotiation tool to get them to lower the price considerably.

Those 12’s are worn.
Well, they weren't. Kept in the box since 2004. You see any creasing anywhere? We all know the mudguard around the toe and side creases like crazy by the toebox. There isn't any creasing! Well agree to disagree. 👍

Did StockX send you that photo of the pebble? If so, I should've asked them what was wrong with the pair I tried to get rid of since they said it showed signs of wear :angry:. I get my DS pair sent back yet I see plenty of stories of people receiving clearly worn pairs from StockX.

They did. I uploaded it.

Dudes tried to come at me when I said they wasn't deadstock. Stockx is very lenient as to what they let slide at least in my experience so for them to return his pair let me know the shoes showed obvious signs of wear.

I guess your the ultimate authority on worn shoes? No disrespect, just telling you they were never worn. I sold my UNC patent 1 mids, which were yellowing due to age, unworn and they took them. Never wore them. Don't care if you don't believe me. Wanted to at least post my honest photos. We'll agree to disagree. 👍 We can honestly say we have seen way worse shoes pass thorough SX in the past.

Last edited:
I guess your the ultimate authority on worn shoes? No disrespect, just telling you they were never worn. I sold my UNC patent 1 mids, which were yellowing due to age, unworn and they took them. Never wore them. Don't care if you don't believe me. Wanted to at least post my honest photos. We'll agree to disagree. We have seen way worse shoes pass thorough SX so far.
I'm no authority brother. I just know stockx. They don't reject shoes unless they are obviously worn

On a lighter note, bringing this back to the 1s, For anyone who has done a custom, which matte finisher is better to use. The Krylon spray like those on YouTube use or the Angelus stuff you brush on? Think I want to finally tackle a custom this weekend. 👍

I guess your the ultimate authority on worn shoes? No disrespect, just telling you they were never worn. I sold my UNC patent 1 mids, which were yellowing due to age, unworn and they took them. Never wore them. Don't care if you don't believe me. Wanted to at least post my honest photos. We'll agree to disagree. 👍 We can honestly say we have seen way worse shoes pass thorough SX in the past.

Where did you buy them from, because if you didn’t wear them, it looks like the person that sold them to you wore them

I'm no authority brother. I just know stockx. They don't reject shoes unless they are obviously worn

I get you buddy, but we have seen some shoes get delivered that have been worn. I guess YMMV. I only wish there was a local shop to take my shoes to. That or Sole Supremacy would branch out and have an east-coast location.

Where did you buy them from, because if you didn’t wear them, it looks like the person that sold them to you wore them

It was 16 years ago. With my liver transplant, dealing with Ulcerative Colitis & that surgery, my liver failing before the transplant and an emergency bowel obstruction surgery, I couldn't tell you. Back then, I was REALLY in bad shape (like 2 weeks from dying had I not gotten the transplant).

It was 16 years ago. With my liver transplant, dealing with Ulcerative Colitis & that surgery, my liver failing before the transplant and an emergency bowel obstruction surgery, I couldn't tell you. Back then, I was REALLY in bad shape (like 2 weeks from dying had I not gotten the transplant).

damn bro, I hope you’re doing better. Glad you’re still with us :nthat:

Wow, you must have the cleanest carpets in the whole world! You never had ANYTHING fall in them? My wife & I never wear our shoes in the house, yet, things get in your shoes, on your coat, clothes, etc and fall to the ground. And so I have the proof, here is the pic of the pebble in question. Very very very tiny.
Screenshot_20200324-170900.png

Notice that there is ZERO dirt, grime in the grooves? It's because I never wore them. And the pebble wasn't in them when I took them out of the box, lol.

I misspoke on the condition, my apologies! Shouldn't have used DS. Should have said never worn outside & tried on (one shoe) once in my room! I did try the right shoe on when I first bought them in 2004. Why did I have them since and never wore them? I dunno? I'm sure I'm not the only one who buys shoes and tries them on once and never actually wears them. Plus I was dealing with boatloads of medical problems then (just had a liver transplant & a bowel obstruction during that time).

I was going to let this go, but since others kept making fun of my post, for the sake of it, here are the shoes. They are French Blue 12s not Flint Grey. Forgot what they were as I actually hadn't opened the box back up since I sent them late last summer . You can tell they were never worn as with Jordan XIIs the creasing is instant you wear them and can't get rid of it (and no, I never have not would I try that iron trick. I am one who doesn't mind creasing, especially in Jordan 1s). Plus 2004 retros had really nice soft leather so they crease easily.

IMG_20200324_163257.jpg
IMG_20200324_163307.jpg
IMG_20200324_163416.jpg

I will say, that the original paper has been left in them. When you leave that in, it does leave marks on the soles as it does yellow over time (paper is acidic I believe, someone correct me on that) Probably should have taken that out but back then, no one thought much of it.

All I'm trying to do is move a large part of my collection because it's that time. You reach a point in your life and realize what is more important to you. I'll still buy certain releases (upcoming OG V, Fire Red 4), but once that day happened when I hesitated on a release, I knew it was time to move on. Keep a decent few and off the rest to others who would want them. I'm 43 and NOT a guy who buys the newest release to flip. Just ask around in the Agassi thread and ask Nelson and a few others. 👍 Not trying to pull one over on someone, just was shocked they said they were worn (and my definition is wearing them actually around).
Bro just now seeing this. Yes them are worn, no questions about it. Look how dirty the ENTIRE bottom is. Just stop.

On another note, glad your ok and doing better....just sell them locally, I'm sure someone would jump on those. They're still pretty clean as long as the midsole ain't separating...

Last edited:
Bro just now seeing this. Yes them are worn, no questions about it. Look how dirty the ENTIRE bottom is. Just stop.

Not going to keep disagreeing with you. I never cleaned them cause I never wore them. I'll throw them up on GOAT once the CoVid19 ends (whenever that will be). 👍

On another note, glad your ok and doing better....just sell them locally, I'm sure someone would jump on those. They're still pretty clean as long as the midsole ain't separating...

No separation at all. I keep my shoes in my garage which is my 1st floor of my townhouse. No light and cool in there.

Thanks for the kid words. Battling Crohn's now as I'm out on short term disability. Plus with CoVid 19 spreading and being a transplant patient, I have to be EXTREMELY careful I don't catch it, as it could kill me (as I don't have a functional immune system like most people).

No separation at all. I keep my shoes in my garage which is my 1st floor of my townhouse. No light and cool in there.

Thanks for the kid words. Battling Crohn's now as I'm out on short term disability. Plus with CoVid 19 spreading and being a transplant patient, I have to be EXTREMELY careful I don't catch it, as it could kill me (as I don't have a functional immune system like most people).
Damn sorry to hear that, hope your not in any hotspots...definitely keep yourself inside and Lysol the entire place.....🙏

Damn sorry to hear that, hope your not in any hotspots...definitely keep yourself inside and Lysol the entire place.....🙏

Thanks buddy. In a decent part of PA outside Philly, that doesn't have lots of cases but Lysol isn't an option. It's toxic to cats. So we don't have it. Just loads of antibacterial soap. 👍

Seriously bruh, stay inside. I hate to hear that. Make sure anyone coming to visit you has a mask and gloves on as well. Stay safe

Wow, coronavirus sounds like it would be a death sentence for you. Stay safe and inside, fam, I don’t think there is anything worth risking your life otherwise. If there’s anything we can do for you here (provide available links to household products, supplies, etc.) you can pm me or simply reach out in one of the COVID-19 threads in general.

Wow, coronavirus sounds like it would be a death sentence for you. Stay safe and inside, fam, I don’t think there is anything worth risking your life otherwise. If there’s anything we can do for you here (provide available links to household products, supplies, etc.) you can pm me or simply reach out in one of the COVID-19 threads in general.

Thank you so much for the kind words and offer. I'm lucky as my wife is still working from home and she hit Costco up at the beginning of this. Got 2 12 pack of paper towels and half a 30 pk, a full 30 pk and two 9-pack of TP. And we got plenty of water, dry food, and canned meats. We hit Giant curbside once a week for fresh meats. So far, so good. 👍

Back
Top Bottom