Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20200505_181804.jpg
20200505_181831.jpg

it really accents that pebbled leather, reminding me of the crimson tints, so i'm thinking of grabbing another pair; but now is not the time for unnecessary doubles in my collection
I think it makes them look better.

it's crazy, i can't tell if "the last dance" or corina will have the bigger impact on prices...... ppl need money, so they might bite faster, but now jordan is center stage for the moment
I think ima chill. been focusing on beating up some old dunks and then im gonna beat up the court purps for June

I think ima chill. been focusing on beating up some old dunks and then im gonna beat up the court purps for June
yall can tell i haven't posted here regularly, in a min.... but i feel like the shoe world was peeking in on this thread the whole time......bruh i was a regular when boost vs air was a debate (not really debatable)........ the whole world is nt's aj1 thread now

Fake pebbled leather has always looked trash and still does
I've got so many Jordan 1's, but not the Chicago's. I should've caved in a few months ago when I was really thinking about it, now it's $1200+. Mentally preparing myself for considering taking the jump now. Damn resellers...
Or you could wait a few years when they release again. You're literally buying into the hype man...
You didn't buy them for $400 a couple years ago why do you need them so bad now all of a sudden?

what are the differences between the '85 and '94 retros of the chis?

and which one did mj lace up for his last game at msg?

There’s super subtle differences to all panels of the cut, which eventually as a whole makes the ‘85 and ‘94 look different.

to answer what MJ wore, he wore the original ‘85s in the final MSG game.

Similarities:
Pretty much just heel counter and the straight back profile

‘85
-overall profile is very slim
-ankle panel and padded underlays are shorter in length
-wings logo fills the ankle panel
-the swoosh tapers from being thin to a fat belly swoosh. The tip of the swoosh is also pronounced. All these qualities make the swoosh look bigger and fills up the quarter panel
-the quarter mudguard near the mid foot is shorter
-the toe mudguard is all shorter. The distance between the tear drop and the midsole is a lot shorter.
-the midsole has more of a curvature in its form. From a side profile you can see the curve from the back to the midsection just based on the top of the midsole.

‘94
-overall profile is larger in the quarter panel section, but the tapers off towards the toe
-ankle panel is a bit longer
-wings logo loses weight
-the swoosh loses weight and starts to look more like a dunk/Air Force swoosh, making the quarter panel behind appear larger
-quarter mudguard is a lot higher (where the first 3 lace holes are towards the bottom) which also contributes to the large quarter panel
-toe mudguard is a bit larger but still tapers towards the toe. The distance from the tear drop to the midsole is further
-midsole has less curvature, and a more linear look from a side profile

the og ones from 2015-present take more cues from the ‘94 than the ‘85, while the new beginning ones are a excellent retro of the ‘85

lol before anyone comes in a blasts me for this nerdy breakdown; my profession is industrial design, and a big part of design is noticing these subtle differences and how big of change just adjusting lines and curves can do. I’ve been looking at these shoes for years, and I’ve seen the differences throughout the years. My guess is they made the jump from the super streamlined profile of the ‘85 to the larger ‘94 profile due to the fitting and comfort.

There’s super subtle differences to all panels of the cut, which eventually as a whole makes the ‘85 and ‘94 look different.

to answer what MJ wore, he wore the original ‘85s in the final MSG game.

Similarities:
Pretty much just heel counter and the straight back profile

‘85
-overall profile is very slim
-ankle panel and padded underlays are shorter in length
-wings logo fills the ankle panel
-the swoosh tapers from being thin to a fat belly swoosh. The tip of the swoosh is also pronounced. All these qualities make the swoosh look bigger and fills up the quarter panel
-the quarter mudguard near the mid foot is shorter
-the toe mudguard is all shorter. The distance between the tear drop and the midsole is a lot shorter.
-the midsole has more of a curvature in its form. From a side profile you can see the curve from the back to the midsection just based on the top of the midsole.

‘94
-overall profile is larger in the quarter panel section, but the tapers off towards the toe
-ankle panel is a bit longer
-wings logo loses weight
-the swoosh loses weight and starts to look more like a dunk/Air Force swoosh, making the quarter panel behind appear larger
-quarter mudguard is a lot higher (where the first 3 lace holes are towards the bottom) which also contributes to the large quarter panel
-toe mudguard is a bit larger but still tapers towards the toe. The distance from the tear drop to the midsole is further
-midsole has less curvature, and a more linear look from a side profile

the og ones from 2015-present take more cues from the ‘94 than the ‘85, while the new beginning ones are a excellent retro of the ‘85

lol before anyone comes in a blasts me for this nerdy breakdown; my profession is industrial design, and a big part of design is noticing these subtle differences and how big of change just adjusting lines and curves can do. I’ve been looking at these shoes for years, and I’ve seen the differences throughout the years. My guess is they made the jump from the super streamlined profile of the ‘85 to the larger ‘94 profile due to the fitting and comfort.
What do you design?

My god you're committed....making my chest hurt.

I just remember when I was in middle school that's how the preppy kids wore their grey 574s with the straight across lacing.
this is how i wore my air force 1's as a kid, but it's literally the only thing you can do differently with the laces, my feet are too bad to rock a legit loose and untied shoe

never turned my collar up, but my shorts are above the knee, semi preppy

Back
Top Bottom