Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That’s for the general masses. Unlike the roshes, Nmd, boost, Yeezys, etc.... , Jordan 1s are here to stay for us once a new hype shoe comes around. Honestly I can’t wait when that happens. Can you imagine trynna wear roshes and nmd nowadays???? Those shoes did not age well lol

Wut.

How are 350s not hyped anymore? Every release sells out, same with almost every other Yeezy (but especially 350s). I say this as someone who thinks the vast majority of new 350 cws are either boring or trash but people are still making a profit selling almost every size.

Stadium Goods out here trying to take advantage of people:

D194FE67-27F5-44DD-A377-C1F4FBB24430.png

53E51C8D-FB9C-434D-9DB8-57F2B2C34AD4.png
More like Nike/JB out here taking advantage of people.

Release the same shoe, give it a small change, sell it, repeat.

It's honestly brilliant if you really think about it. Their finesse game is on level 100.

Wut.

How are 350s not hyped anymore? Every release sells out, same with almost every other Yeezy (but especially 350s). I say this as someone who thinks the vast majority of new 350 cws are either boring or trash but people are still making a profit selling almost every size.
I meant it in a way of how things are perceived by the general masses. The fact that these are perceived like a roshe run coming out in all colors possible, but like anything trending within the general masses things will fall off.

But regardless when and if they fall off, collectors and shoe connoisseurs will still be here for them because 1s are timeless and it represents the prelude, a sentiment to the wearer.

350s however, I don’t see them being timeless, don’t get me wrong it definitely represents a time but it’s not up there to the Jordan 1. They’re doing great right now but because it’s being sold in abundance in every shade of rock, but idk if it’ll have the same cultural significance to the ones. It’ll just be known as the shoe that started small reselling businesses, but no actual sentiment to the wearer.

I meant it in a way of how things are perceived by the general masses. The fact that these are perceived like a roshe run coming out in all colors possible, but like anything trending within the general masses things will fall off.

But regardless when and if they fall off, collectors and shoe connoisseurs will still be here for them because 1s are timeless and it represents the prelude, a sentiment to the wearer.

350s however, I don’t see them being timeless, don’t get me wrong it definitely represents a time but it’s not up there to the Jordan 1. They’re doing great right now but because it’s being sold in abundance in every shade of rock, but idk if it’ll have the same cultural significance to the ones. It’ll just be known as the shoe that started small reselling businesses, but no actual sentiment to the wearer.

Dude I can’t believe you’re making me defend 350s but they ABSOLUTELY will be considered timeless. In terms of cultural significance, the AJ 1s literally have 3 decades over the 350s not to mention MJ’s legendary on court accomplishments wearing the entire line.

On the other hand, 350s were legendary in terms of design (ironically, much like other Js) and will go down as the shoe that really took the minimal, sock shoe trend to another level and were the 1st major signature sneaker of a non-athlete/musician to really be widely accepted and, most importantly, commonly worn by the public consciousness (sorry, S. Dots). Nike definitely screwed up by not pushing the Air Yeezy line more since apparently Kanye is able to generate hype and sales on a massive level. In many ways, Kanye has basically saved Adidas and made them relevant again since, prior to signing the man, they were only selling performance (primarily football/soccer) gear, cheaper classic sneakers (Superstars, etc.), and niche collabs (Y-3, etc.). Kanye made them culturally relevant to the public in the same way MJ made Nike culturally relevant on the basketball court by wearing the AJ 1.

The AJ 1 and Adidas Yeezy 350s (specifically V2s) are both legendary sneakers that will stand the test of time much like other signature sneakers like All Stars, Foamposite Ones, Questions, Stan Smiths, etc. etc. have already done in the past.

For what it’s worth, this is all coming from a guy who thinks AJ 1s are the GOAT sneaker (with OG Royal 1s being literally my favorite sneaker ever) but I also have to also give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Maybe the 350v1s will be praised like the '85 Jordan 1s by 2050 :nerd:.
I think Yeezys definitely has their place in sneaker history and the Adidas Yeezy has only been out for like 5 years.

V1s definitely won’t but V2s could very well be looked at like very successful unique, iconic signature sneakers like Foamposite Ones or AJ3s-both of which had revolutionary designs that impacted sneaker designs (even from other brands) for years after they initially released. People simply underrate good design-even MJ can’t push AJ 2s and 15s on a massive level, for example (granted those 2 designs are pretty extreme examples in the AJ line).

V1s definitely won’t but V2s could very well be looked at like very successful unique, iconic signature sneakers like Foamposite Ones or AJ3s-both of which had revolutionary designs that impacted sneaker designs (even from other brands) for years after they initially released. People simply underrate good design-even MJ can’t push AJ 2s and 15s on a massive level, for example (granted those 2 designs are pretty extreme examples in the AJ line).

How you gonna say the 350v1 won't be praised but then go ahead and say this:
On the other hand, 350s were legendary in terms of design (ironically, much like other Js) and will go down as the shoe that really took the minimal, sock shoe trend to another level and were the 1st major signature sneaker of a non-athlete/musician to really be widely accepted

The V1s paved the way and was the first Kanye sneaker that brought relevance back to Adidas (the 750 came first first but it didn't generate that hype like the 350v1s) and, in your words, took the "minimal, sock shoe trend to another level".

Maybe the 350v1s will be praised like the '85 Jordan 1s by 2050 :nerd:.
I think Yeezys definitely has their place in sneaker history and the Adidas Yeezy has only been out for like 5 years.

Hated 350s at first eventually fell in love, had about 10 pairs but now slowly selling them probably have three pairs left. Same with the retro 1s never liked them back then but now half my collection is 1s.... Styles and trends

More like Nike/JB out here taking advantage of people.

Release the same shoe, give it a small change, sell it, repeat.

It's honestly brilliant if you really think about it. Their finesse game is on level 100.
This is what you wanted.....this is what you can have.

The V1s paved the way and was the first Kanye sneaker that brought relevance back to Adidas (the 750 came first first but it didn't generate that hype like the 350v1s) and, in your words, took the "minimal, sock shoe trend to another level".
Only releasing what 3 colorways? Yeah that's the knock on v1s.

I think you misunderstood what I said, the V1s will be looked at as revolutionary but definitely won’t be praised as much as the V2s will be simply because they reached a MUCH bigger audience.

Last edited:
This is what you wanted.....this is what you can have.

Only releasing what 3 colorways? Yeah that's the knock on v1s.

4 colorways, and sometimes less is more. The V1 are more coveted than the V2. Some people don't like how the V1 fit but most would prefer to have a pair of V1. But for V2, people miss out on a colorway? Don't worry, the same color will restock 3x or the next shade over will release next week.

All the sneaker twitter accounts do all day is tweet links to mids and the people in the replies will be like “copped!” and every time I wanna slap the s*** out of them. I know it’s irrational and petty but I don’t understand can someone can think buying mids is cool :rofl:

Jordan 1's have the biggest demand of any sneaker right now...but every person doesn't value sneakers enough to want to spend the high price for an OG 1 high. Whether it be retail or resell some people just want the look and to be able to say "I have a pair of Jordan 1's"

They don't care about a jumpman on the tongue, or it being a mid.

Jordan 1's have the biggest demand of any sneaker right now...but every person doesn't value sneakers enough to want to spend the high price for an OG 1 high. Whether it be retail or resell some people just want the look and to be able to say "I have a pair of Jordan 1's"

To me that extends to colorways as well.

Me? I want OG only colorways. Not these forced inspiration or remixed colorways.

If MJ couldn't have worn it back then....I don't want it now.

Yeah exactly, not everyone is a “sneakerhead” so a lot of these people buying mids simply like the overall look of the sneaker. I’d never touch a pair of mids but I do see the appeal, from an outsider’s/non-sneakerhead’s perspective. A lot of these people probably see sneakers as a “fad” even though people like a lot of us (myself included) have been buying/collecting kicks for decades now

Back
Top Bottom