Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Kotd ‘16 Top 3’s
0AB06D90-B958-411F-AA59-682F3A3C8ACC.jpeg

I didn’t purchase a single OG colorway (3,4,5,6) Jordan from 2003 until the BC 3 in 2018. That’s fifteen years of refusing to purchase a 3 through 6 because Gentry butchered classics with a Jumpman on the heel. All of my fellow older heads that are into sneakers that I know caved on some of the releases because they never owned the originals. At the end of the day it’s just preference and nobody should be ridiculed for what they like.

I had the originals and didn't give one solitary F about the Jumpman/Nike Air. I thought it was a strange choice, but ultimately I just wanted a wearable pair of the shoes I had and loved growing up. Anything that released with Nike Air was just an added bonus to me.

I had the originals and didn't give one solitary F about the Jumpman/Nike Air. I thought it was a strange choice, but ultimately I just wanted a wearable pair of the shoes I had and loved growing up. Anything that released with Nike Air was just an added bonus to me.
All of this and a box of cookies!
Not sure where all this 'elitist' talk came from.
Everyone on this forum owns a pair (or 100) of either/or. . . .
:rofl:

If you’re hardcore OG and never bought a Jordan with a Jumpman on the back then ok, but don’t be a hypocrite if you have shoes with a Jumpman on the back. There were those years that had Jumpman’s on 1s, 3s, 5s, 6s, etc. and people didn’t have a choice if they wanted the shoes. It’s just how it was, not to mention during those years they did make some nice 1’s with the Jumpman...the Gucci 1’s, Road to the Gold 1’s, and Shadow 1’s are Just some to name a few; and other numbered models they did well too. Yes, they did butcher their fair share, but that’s all people had at the time. You had to pick and choose. The bottom line, if you’re hardcore OG and stayed away, cool...but if have shoes with Jumpman’s in your closet or bought them back during that time then don’t be a hypocrite or an elitist NOW.

You’re all over the place with your response. I can only speak for myself and I didn’t purchase a single OG colorway that received the Jumpman in replacement of the Nike Air. That **** was always fugazi to me, again it’s my preference. The Jumpman on the heel was initially introduced for Retro + colorways, which is why I had no issues with the Olympic VI or the Mocha III when they dropped. I decided to opt out when the started butchering OG colorways.

As for 1’s, I refuse to wear any 1 with a Jumpman anywhere on the shoe. That logo didn’t show up on a shoe until the III and has no business on a 1, even if it’s a Retro + imo. I agree that the quality on some of the 1’s was good, however I couldn’t get down with that Jumpman.

Anytime someone uses the term “elitist“ it reeks of inferiority complex. Some people really feel a certain type of way when an OG doesn’t co-sign the knock offs JB forced people to settle for. To reiterate, I’m only speaking for me and like I said in my previous post, it’s all preference.

A lot of people felt the same way you did, again people need to buy what they like and stop worrying about what other people like or buy.

Back
Top Bottom