• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Today’s vibe first
3B516E7B-2250-4C80-80D7-1A43F9646021.jpeg
time rocking these joints

When I saw this it reminded me I always thought Nike should do the same thing with the corny Jordan 1 knockoffs out there. Maybe the AJ1 knockoffs aren’t as big as this guy. Not talking about fake 1s, but the designed shoes that are stolen from 1s. I’ll have to see if I can remember what they were, I think there’s a few.

edit- here’s one

:smh:

I think these kinda "customs" are cool if they are personal 1 of 1s that doesn't copy a classic colorway that's already been used on the silhouette.

Like if you make one of these for yourself, don't use a colorway like the Chicagos or Breds.

That Michigan colorway in your pic is pretty cool - don't think that's been ever used on a Jordan 1

Question for the thread:

What's the point of having a gargantuan number of shoes (that deteriorate)....if you're never going to wear them ?

Is it for clout or is it an addiction ?

Some consumers become collectors. A certain way of appreciating something new, or mint condition. The visual satisfaction, like its some piece or something. Theres many collectors and OGs I follow on Instagram where they like to reminisce about their life in the 80s and 90s, while displaying some of their sneakers that are pretty much cracked and crumbling, both ds or worn.

Some sneakers from some collectors still look pristine, which is unbelievable, some of those guys are ijapino ijapino and MJO23DAN MJO23DAN . Collectors like holding onto the good memories and time.

Some people become resellers, to gain profits over a short time.
Some decide to part with something very valuable over a long time. More limited items that are kept in certain conditions will create big demand in the long run by high paying collectors or "businesspeople", the bidders you hear about in the news who take part in Christie's or Sotheby's auctions. Its similar to art pieces. The higher the sold price, the more news it makes. (Moon sneakers by Bowerman and the 1985 game worn Chicago 1s).

My choice was always quality over quantity, always being selective than buying in numbers.
Getting the ones you really want and eventually might unds. One way you don't overspend, and you'll have extra cash for other things. So my collection includes sneakers, apparel and accessories. I also make sure to have some money for other priorities. Sorta having a balance of things. I like to rock some of my stuff when I feel like it. And I genuinely buy what I like, not cause of clout, influence, hype, or obsession. This way you have a grip on the quantity, you don't have to buy doubles and triples if you really don't like it or need it.

I remember seeing Mayor offload alot of his collection to Urban necessities. I was amazed at his 3.5 decades of stuff. But he probably needed money and also he lost weight, his shoe size changed.

Time also plays a part. Especially in these pandemic times, some things are uncertain. Some people might buy more, some people might sell more. Or some keep what they have and appreciate only that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky Greens came in today

6C3FCC23-003D-4AFE-A9B7-A9D65000ACE7.jpeg
8A521642-B631-4840-99E4-410817D07045.jpeg
9A966B21-FA80-47DD-80BA-04F92DBB2CB0.jpeg
F7DA97A7-D74D-421E-9154-31816C3B0C72.jpeg
Nice pics. Gonna see how wifey feels when they come in. Would’ve liked a full size run up sizes for me to wear but it’s okay. Like the MJ/Celtics ‘86 playoffs connection but don’t love the execution..

Are neutral grey highs and lows all we know about for next year as far as OG colorways?
Those are the only rumored OGs I’m aware of. The Highs are iffy though, as they’re ‘85 Highs, and just like the first ‘85 Highs that dropped, many, including myself, are nervous that JB might make those some type of Reverse Neutral colorway or something. I hope they indeed are the ACTUAL Neutral Grey Highs, but in this ‘85 cut. I don’t do Jordan 1 Lows, so these Neutral Highs, and the suede University Blue Chicago’s are the only MUSTS on my list of 1s so far.

Back
Top Bottom