Official Air Jordan 14 Retro Thread (2018)

Picked up a pair of oxidized ($150) to go with my gym reds. Oxidized are one of my fav 14s...gym reds don't do it for me as much but they're cool
IMG_20200819_135759.jpg

IMG_20200819_135658.jpg

IMG_20200819_135635.jpg

Air-Jordan-14-Hyper-Royal-487471-104-3.jpg

Two years ago these would have gone on sale

Now I have to wonder if these will be hard to get

I like how they're metallic

they look fine. not sure about the release product having a bad paint job which is typical of the 14s. that's the only reason why I always skipped on the 14s.

Today is the Nine Year Anniversary of these
1602298777425.jpeg

I’ve placed bids on stockx for these before but never owned a pair. How’s the quality on these? Anyone break any necks in these?

Honestly one of my favorite 14s. Have two pairs I got in the past couple years....both for retail. Still remember seeing the Graphites on RD at my FNL but passing cause I was waiting on the Last Shots later that year...before I could really afford to buy multiples.

Really wish I could find a pair of Cinders like that too...also one of my favorites

Feel, I rock the 05s. Bout to bust the graphites out next. Ima keep the newer releases on ice for a bit tho.
But the foam and materials need air circulation. Gonna dry out and crack.
This. I stopped wrapping up shoes 20 years ago, it’s a bad idea. Stores do it because it protects them from dirty hands that pick them up to look at. No need to do it at home, and there are good reasons not to.

This. I stopped wrapping up shoes 20 years ago, it’s a bad idea. Stores do it because it protects them from dirty hands that pick them up to look at. No need to do it at home, and there are good reasons not to.

I don't normally collect shoes just to stare at them. sooner or later they would break over time regardless whether you use them or not and then for what? I'm not one of those collectors that just like to have them in their warehouse or do resale or whatever reason. I buy shoes to wear and use them. I remember some of my OG shoes, Fila Grants, Pippen 5s, Answer 4s, Garnett 2s that I left behind and felt bad never have to bring them with me. they were still in good condition when I left them and with the way how PU foam does over them, I bet they all crumbled into pieces by now.

black-toe-jordan-14.jpg

So most may ask, why post a random pic of these?
Its because it is one of my favorite and most memorable shoes I have as a retro. I burnt through my original so many years ago. Not to sound like P PremioBinSoleFlyUnion here lol but 20 years ago today I was a kid starting at a factory that I planned on only working in for a year or so AT MOST. The originals of this model is what I first beat to death along with many more in that place. Today is my 20 year anny being there.
Alot of us take memories and mesh them with the shoes we once wanted and or had at that moment. So this specific shoe is a perfect example of that for me. The only MJ tie I have to these are the TO THE MAX home video. But REAL LIFE, its my work, my beginning. I wore the black toe 14 till they were in pieces. I threw them away with remorse but they were trash within a year after I started there. I had countless memories with having this shoe on my feet, even prior to working there. But here 20 years later remembering what I wore on my first day at the job I still do think it is kinda cool. Thanks if you read. Understand if you think its corny.

Last edited:
black-toe-jordan-14.jpg

So most may ask, why post a random pic of these?
Its because it is one of my favorite and most memorable shoes I have as a retro. I burnt through my original so many years ago. Not to sound like P PremioBinSoleFlyUnion here lol but 20 years ago today I was a kid starting at a factory that I planned on only working in for a year or so AT MOST. The originals of this model is what I first beat to death along with many more in that place. Today is my 20 year anny being there.
Alot of us take memories and mesh them with the shoes we once wanted and or had at that moment. So this specific shoe is a perfect example of that for me. The only MJ tie I have to these are the TO THE MAX home video. But REAL LIFE, its my work, my beginning. I wore the black toe 14 till they were in pieces. I threw them away with remorse but they were trash within a year after I started there. I had countless memories with having this shoe on my feet, even prior to working there. But here 20 years later remembering what I wore on my first day at the job I still do is kinda cool. Thanks if you read. Understand if you think its corny.

we need a remastered pair of these ASAP!! And give us the gingers low as well

Back
Top Bottom