Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Quality not as in imperfections that someone inspects. We're talking about craftsmanship, so the shoes are built to last years to come, not crack, or yellow months later.

Nail. Meet head. You got it sir. Little imperfections are a part of mass production. I, like most people, WEAR my shoes and I want to be able to wear them FOR A LONG TIME (especially when paying $160+ for them). A midsole that crumbles in 2 years won't allow for that.

Quality not as in imperfections that someone inspects. We're talking about craftsmanship, so the shoes are built to last years to come, not crack, or yellow months later.

Nail. Meet head. You got it sir. Little imperfections are a part of mass production. I, like most people, WEAR my shoes and I want to be able to wear them FOR A LONG TIME (especially when paying $160+ for them). A midsole that crumbles in 2 years won't allow for that.
Agreed with the craftsmanship point...

But are people's 2011's midsoles crumbling?? Mine are fine.... Granted I haven't worn them a lot but I'm no lightweight and I know people try to correlate weight of the owner to the midsole problems......

Last edited:

But are people's 2011's midsoles crumbling?? Mine are fine.... Granted I haven't worn them a lot but I'm no lightweight and I know people try to correlate weight of the owner to the midsole problems......

I haven't had a problem with my 2011 WCs...they don't even have a crack yet. However the TBs and BCs from later that year seemed to have more problems with cracking from what I've seen on NT and on foot (I don't own either).

That's what alot of people are not seeing. The craftsmanship is superb and the comfort is better in recent shoes. Other than the decline in quality leather and paint chipping, recent retros are good for the years to come.

I thought they switched to a different type of PU for the midsoles on the newer retros (after 2003 or so)  to prevent crumbling in the long term.  The new material doesn't stick the paint as well and that's why the paint chips off on the newer ones.  But at least you can repaint them. No real way to fix a crumbled midsole other than a swap.

I haven't had a problem with my 2011 WCs...they don't even have a crack yet. However the TBs and BCs from later that year seemed to have more problems with cracking from what I've seen on NT and on foot (I don't own either).
I own all three and the only one that had cracking was the TB's and those were worn by me 5 times max and I noticed the cracking on my 2nd wear (on the white part of the midsole) :smh:

The WC and BC are holding up fine.....

IDGAF I'm buying these for $200. You have to pay to play. If you don't have the money oh well, so dont cry about about the price. Don't give a F about quality because either way no normal random person is going to walk up to you, to ask you to feel your sneakers or inspect them.

Not sure if serious....

:stoneface:

IDGAF I'm buying these for $200. You have to pay to play. If you don't have the money oh well, so dont cry about about the price. Don't give a F about quality because either way no normal random person is going to walk up to you, to ask you to feel your sneakers or inspect them.

repped

Jesus Christ
mean.gif

My money wasnt right for most of 2011 so I didnt get the Concords or the IIIs. The way you guys are badmouthing them I am not sure if I should be happy about that.
Every single OG colorway done poorly? I doubt that.

I want these so damn bad, Cement 3's are one of my favs, but as usual, I'm just worried about the quality..but **** do I want these :smh:

My money wasnt right for most of 2011 so I didnt get the Concords or the IIIs. The way you guys are badmouthing them I am not sure if I should be happy about that.
Every single OG colorway done poorly? I doubt that.
Like I said above the only ones that cracked on me were the TB's.... I don't think they were done poorly I thought the quality was adiquate..... But if you want to compare them to 2003's (which it seems like most people are) then it is obviously no contest which one was better (I had 2003s and beat them into the ground and I own 2011s)

No need to explain myself.... you should have been taught in grade school when you take something out of it's original context and highlight it, it has no meaning nor does it make sense, nor does it carry an relevance.  You must have been dosing or falling asleep during that lesson like the child in GIF you posted 
laugh.gif

Either way do you I was only trying to send some words of encouragement to those who were on the fence and my experience... if you got the money buy the shoes... despite how many times they have been retroed the "Nike Air" may not come back for a while.  Sad to see what Niketalk has become over the past 10 years.

In the end you either want the shoes or you don't... and your reason is your business and you are free to voice that without some clown trying to critique your post.  To some people "Nike Air" means nothing, to others based on when they were born they remember the shoe with the Jumpman and "air"....to some they just starting buying kicks they scooped the 2011 retro and just want these in their collection and feel no need to buy them again.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion or choice without having to deal with someone's lame scrutiny.  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Sad to see how things are now-a-days if you were rocking the Militaries in 89 then you are in your mid-late 30's or early 40's meaning we are in the same generation.  People our age still buying kicks are rare we should be bonding together, not bashing each other.  Oh well... 
indifferent.gif
First let me say I didnt ask you to explain yourself! I said... WHAT.... ALRITE PIMPIN an left it at that....U got sensitive over subject matters
mean.gif
! If you go back and look a few others noticed EXACTLY what I noticed!!! Didnt knock your opinion not 1 bit nor question if your O.G 88' story was true or not. I covered my displeasures with your post and DID NOT COME FROM A PLACE OF HATE...(Pissed off as a fellow elder but not hate) You started off giving your opinion YES but anything after....."must cop for me"... Was ADVICE you were giving an of course THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! I go off subject at times but This is the WC 88' retro III Thread. So for you to make a time table of III's and not only mention III's that ARE NOT...WC but also leave off the 2 most relevant WC III's (The last one 94' with Nike Air=Great Quality not wearable & The First one Without Nike Air 2003=Good quality an wearable in controlled settings) is Blasphemy if you were trying to "help people who on the fence"! Now the "FACTS" you "TRIED" to present in "ILLUSTRATION"  saying 1st retro=2001 and 2nd retro=2007...IS VERY MISLEADING to our younger generation who may not know the REAL time table of III's or may had an idea but wasnt really clear on it! If we can only hope for a BETTER community we have to start by getting the SO CALL facts right! I highlighted "illustration purposes" because that was a piss poor "illustration"...an for "OBVIOUS REASONS"(Which are?) any release ommited was NOT RELEVANT to you but those GAWD AWFUL(IMO..LOL) 2007 releases were? So instead of saying yea I forgot an left a couple off u tried to get sensitive justify the 94' & 03' WC III as NOT RELEVANT in illustration and thats ok as an elder in "OUR" generation of the game? So if u feel I attacked you unwarrented maybe u should sit back an REALLY look at the situation an say hey maybe I did (which you did) put out some misleading information an move on without feeling butt hurt an attacked! You right us elders have to come together to try an get 'this thing we do' call Niketalk back on the right track but with iron clad information the younger generation can grow and get better educated with!!!! Every O.G feel they are above approach when they are in the wrong an thats another problem in Niketalk! Not hating or beefing with ya just letting you know were im coming from!  People buy the shoes or dont buy the shoes for whatever reason but make a decision an move on.........

An I already stated what this release means to me an how I feel about the price since yes....I been rocking Air Jordans since the Military 4's in 89'!

Last edited:
Like I said above the only ones that cracked on me were the TB's.... I don't think they were done poorly I thought the quality was adiquate..... But if you want to compare them to 2003's (which it seems like most people are) then it is obviously no contest which one was better (I had 2003s and beat them into the ground and I own 2011s)
Understood but it seems the quality was inconsistent for every colorway. I have **** talking for all the OG colorways that dropped last year. Especially the Black Cements.

Understood but it seems the quality was inconsistent for every colorway. I have **** talking for all the OG colorways that dropped last year. Especially the Black Cements.
I am only talking about OG colorways I didn't mess with the black cats or flips....

I forgot to mention I wasn't thrilled with the shiny black on the back of the BC's....

I brought the magic eraser but was too lazy to use that to dull the black.....

I just wore them and forgot about it......

I wore the WC 3s 2011 well over 100 times. That year models weren't bad at all, the purpose for a shoe is for you to wear, if these are just the same quality with Nike Air that'll be fine, it's just means they'll take the wear and still look fresh years to come

LET'S NOT KID OURSELVES. WE CAN CRY ALL WE WANT BUT JUST ABOUT EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD WILL TRY AND GET A PAIR. WHETHER THEY CAN GET A PAIR OR NOT IS JUST GONNA BE A WAITING GAME ON AVAILABILITY.

Foams = $200.00

Justifiable considering the material and the overall quality you're getting. When the Penny foams dropped in 98 the price was crazy, but once you got around the fact that the shoes held up better than most basketball shoes then maybe...just maybe your conscious could rest a little. 

Jordan III = $200.00

JB is flat out jerking dudes...for the quality of 3's...not to mention the midsole that will not hold up for long, and dudes will still complain about the creases after one or two wears. 

Slap Nike Air on the back, but you keep Jordan on the bottom...
mean.gif

I'm in NC, so as long as the Bobcats keep losing money you can expect this type of **** from JB for as long as dudes support it. 

I thought they switched to a different type of PU for the midsoles on the newer retros (after 2003 or so)  to prevent crumbling in the long term.  The new material doesn't stick the paint as well and that's why the paint chips off on the newer ones.  But at least you can repaint them. No real way to fix a crumbled midsole other than a swap.

Nike used to dye da midsole instead of painting over them.

white cements dropped two years ago for 150... if "nike air" is worth another 50 dollars to you, buy the shoe. If not, dont

Back
Top Bottom