Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my pairs got cancelled & I ordered within 5 minutes of the link being live. What a joke.
laugh.gif
Luckily, I have 1 pair coming in. Did anyone try to complain about why the gift card was only $50 instead of the actual price of the shoe (i.e. Concord cancellations)

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

You can't get a canceled order, they canceled them because they have no shoes to give the people.
Restock isn't happening

They've canceled orders before and had restocks.

I had a order canceled before, but was lucky enough to be able to get them again during a restock.

Because of the server issues, I'm willing to bet, they don't know what their inventory is at the moment and so they're canceled some orders. All those F5 orders probably didn't register correctly.

They'll probably still have the normal canceled orders and credit card restock at least.
I know the normal "restock" cc and issues with payment, I was referring to the hundreds of people who had everything in place and Nike says sorry we canceled because we
"oversold" theres no scooping up those orders. Thats what I was referring to.

Ya but thats one site nike.com. There are still tons of other sties. I was able to get a few shoes the week after on other releases

If Nike does cancel orders and mine is one, you KNOW I'mma be on the phone trying to get that GC like they did for the Concords lol!

anyone in a similar situation with offspring? my card hasn't been charged but my order status says pending. I'm starting to fear for the worst...

Originally Posted by jwhizzy

anyone in a similar situation with offspring? my card hasn't been charged but my order status says pending. I'm starting to fear for the worst...
Im trying to get in contact about canceling an order but no response from them and my card have been charged

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by rcanent

after NDC cancelled my order, i was able to double up on another euro site never mentioned here. $175 each pair. anyone else score? they had a small restock

doubled up also... didn't think anyone else knew about this one, and damn sure I wasn't gonna post this one up for the beasts 
roll.gif
me 3. screw NDC. Thanks for the PM guys. I think we bought their entire inventory
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by air4life

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by wilmusrandolph3

Wow. This is my first time on since the release and I really feel for you guys that are having these online issues (reminds me of the concords). I luckily live in Pittsburgh (no real sneaker culture). I got in line at sneaker villa at 8:15 am and was 12th in line. They started letting people in 3 at a time at 8:50 and I picked up the last one of my size (11). There was a footlocker around the corner that opened at 11 so most people who didn't get one at villa got some there. It was actually my first time camping and wasn't too bad. BUT TO SET THE RECORD STRAGHT: I am a highschool freshman. And although my only memories of Jordan are his last season with the wizards, I still have a great appreciation for art and style as well as history. Mike's shoes are the pinnacle of that for me and I dot like how some people on here are trying to say that my appreciation is somehow lesser because I was born in '96. Sorry for the rant but to me it seems like some of the older heads are just salty that anyone else is getting the shoes that they can't and that teens are the easiest to blame. I am NOT a hypebeast or follower or anything. I am a sneakerhead just the same. And I can only hope that by the time I'm in my thirties these experiences can be passed on to the next generation of kids just like me. Sorry for the rant guys. I just was irked by some of this.
DO NOT feel the need to explain yourself to these oldheads who think you have to be 35 or older to enjoy a pair of kicks. There are so many reasons besides nostalgia (which I bet most of these guys weren't even bulls fans outside of those in chicago, they were so many great teams back then). I am almost 23 and few of these oldheads target me. Not that I even give a #%%%. I never owned a pair of Jordans till I was 16 because my mom wouldn't buy me expensive shoes (she got me the Air Force Vs and 99 white cements from being extra good that year and that's it). She is from Nigeria and doesn't believe in such nonsense (as she so eloquently tells me). In fact, until I was 16 I could only afford Reebok classics, and a few of the cheaper Nikes and one or two pairs of air force ones (which I quickly learned I didn't like). I like jordans because I am a sneakerhead, plain and simple. Although I was old enough to watch him play (is why they give me a pass) but I dont believe in that logic. 80s and 90s had the best shoes and I am a fan of old school, yet somewhat simple, shoes. I dont like all these intricate curves and zigzags and other such nonsense you find in say, the foamposites. I do not limit myself strictly to Jordans, I have all types of Nikes, Converses, Creative Recreations, a few Reeboks and I just got into Vans! 
The oldheads in this site (I've met a lot of cool ones irl so I wont say all oldheads) complain about young people wearing Jordans, yet a lot of them sport Kevin Durants, Lebrons, etc. You can't say that Jordan was "your" player and claim everyone after him. They say anyone under 21 isnt old enough to watch him play, but my younger cousin watched him play with me and he is turning 19 this year.

These guys don't have a single VALID reason why there should be an age minimum and they contradict the lame reasons they do give.

The only nostalgia I have with this shoe is being made fun of for sporting the payless shoe store brands since my mom couldnt afford jordans for the longest time, yet i still collect em. SUE ME!
Hey, I'm one of those oldheads you speak of.  We get grumpy when we don't get enough fiber.  Seriously, don't take comments to heart. We tend to romanticize things in the past.  That's just human nature.  I actually feel sorry for younger cats.  Back in the day, it wasn't about the availability of the shoe.  It was about the availability of your money to purchase the shoe(at least in my instance it was).  You shouldn't have to go sit outside a freaking store for 12 hours(if you're lucky) to get a shoe. It's a freaking shoe.  Websites crashing,  people ordering from sites in languages you don't understand, breaking mall doors..etc...all over some shoes!!! Where's my damn fiber
roll.gif
lol I can tell you aren't one who truly believe that younger people shouldn't have a pair. But I have a feeling that some of these aint comments. Some people here truly believe that (at least that is the feeling I get). Like I said there are some cool oldheads out there. In fact when I was in line, I met a guy who told me the neatest trick to guarantee I never miss a pair again lol. The only reason he missed the pair and had to get up early was because he was smoking blunts all day and passed out too soon. While we were in line and they were letting people in one at a time, he made the joke "Why do I have to be in line? I dont want the Jordans, I want these Reebok Ochocincos? Can you let me in?".
Yes that I do remember from when I was a kid. Because the only pair of Jordans I got from my mom when I was a kid (were the 99 retro tech grays lol), she got it for me after weeks of pestering her. Maybe they were hard to get and she got lucky IDK.

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

I miss those days when you could walk into the store and buy J's. Now either camp, gamble online or try to buy them overseas. So silly that its more convenient to buy my J's thousands of miles overseas and I live in NYC!
I didn't have to order from overseas but I for damn sure miss those days. Six years ago I could sleep late and walk into a store 15 minutes from my house in the afternoon and buy my pair on release day. Sometimes I'd even be able to cop my size the next day. Now I have to call all the stores near me to find out who's get what and what time they'll open for the release and then drive 40 minutes to just line up and pray that I get my sneakers.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by rcanent

after NDC cancelled my order, i was able to double up on another euro site never mentioned here. $175 each pair. anyone else score? they had a small restock

doubled up also... didn't think anyone else knew about this one, and damn sure I wasn't gonna post this one up for the beasts 
roll.gif
me 3. screw NDC. Thanks for the PM guys. I think we bought their entire inventory
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

thanks for the pm
pimp.gif

The Euro site these grown men are being secretive about is Size?.co.uk, you would think NTers would help each other out. Had I have been around to post the link before they sold out I would have even though my size wasn't available.

for the first time Finish Line was the easiest site to get through on, and just got my tracking number. couldn't even load the Foot Locker website.

Originally Posted by The7onius

The Euro site these grown men are being secretive about is Size?.co.uk, you would think NTers would help each other out. Had I have been around to post the link before they sold out I would have even though my size wasn't available.

they are niketalk elitist thats why

I think it was more so to keep it away from lurkers and those that contribute nothing to NT. Or maybe i'm wrong.

My thoughts exactly.  My man good lookin for puttin the site out there anyway.  Dudes think they can keep secrets on the internet.  Come on son.

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

Originally Posted by ccastro02

just called nike. They said shoes are ready to be shipped.

Did they say they were planning on shipping on Monday?
I didn't ask. I just wanted to make sure my order wasn't canceled. I hope so though. 

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

I think it was more so to keep it away from lurkers and those that contribute nothing to NT. Or maybe i'm wrong.

That's all good and everything, but why mention it in a post and gloat about buying the whole inventory? You want to keep the site secret but make it known you have a secret site, I'm from the UK and know of all the possible sites that might be getting a restock and they will be posted in here.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by TxSole

If I wouldnt have got my pair, I would have paid at least 250 depending what size. I had to literally run to footlocker like I was being chased by a vicious dog! This shoe took some work and effort, so if youre not putting in the footwork or time, at least pay somebody else for the hassle of getting these. If you went through this process, you would understand why these prices are up. I'm only speaking on behalf of the foot soilders, not the online couch potatoes! Lol. Plus, we were only aloud to buy 1 pair per person.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom