Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

I passed on these because of the leather tongue. My mistake. 
These are looking pretty good. Congrats to those that were able to get them.
Oh well, more money for other releases I guess.

It's almost impossible to F up this release. Hell, even the patent and AJKO release picked up eventually.
The 2013s look fantastic on feet. DAMN EN FUEGO.

I've been rockin these every other day since release.I was thinking the toe was going to crack but ,they just got some nice break in creases
pimp.gif
.I sware these shoes look nicer broke in.Received alot of compliments just wearing them around.glad i doubled up on these.
happy.gif

ive seen worse on newer releases but that is bad. even JB is releasing stuff with glue residue all over their shoe. It used to be a way to spot out fakes. C'mon jb.
mean.gif
mine had quite a few spots of pink glue residue as well. what can you do? 

i slept on these and then was hunting all over ebay for them. Then i found out livestock got their shipment late, so i went 30 minutes early and was second in line. 
nthat.gif

After a good night's sleep, I decided I'm returning these shoes. I attached some pictures of the misaligned seams and glue residue, did anyone else have the same issues as I did? They're definitely cool looking, but not worth it for the price I paid and mind you, I'm willing to pay top dollar (euro) for a truly good quality shoe. Looking forward to the Black Toes...

I don't know if I just couldnt' see it but I don't think this is return worthy. The crumpled toe box is unforgivable.
but I think your pair is fine. I've seen worse.
Yeah I don't think it warrants a return, but ask others if they have seen the same with their pairs.

Yeah I don't think it warrants a return, but ask others if they have seen the same with their pairs.
Hi,

Not to defend myself in any way, but I do want to point out that the pictures I uploaded were taken on my iPhone and hence may not be 100% accurate about the issue I have with my pair. Some sections of the shoe such as the heel counter feels like it could be "lifted up" as there's already a gap where the stitching is supposed to be right above the midsole. Other parts of the shoe had minor stitching and alignment problems as well, and I haven't mentioned the glue residue yet. Overall it makes the pair look very cheap and unprofessionally made, and after I talked with a NDC representative about it, it was clear to both parties that I received a bad pair. I'm preparing the shoes to be shipped as we speak, and I personally feel my decision is warranted—you may have another opinion which is fine and I respect that opinion. Truth be told I'm not in the "shoe game", I simply want a great looking pair to walk in casually. It doesn't have a to be a Jordan either, I just happened to be on Twitter when these were released. 
ohwell.gif

Peace!

Thought these would be worth a share. Here are a sample pair with a black bottom sole from '85.

Here are MJ's game worn pair from his 2nd season where he suffered from an ankle injury.

Reactions: j5
After a good night's sleep, I decided I'm returning these shoes. I attached some pictures of the misaligned seams and glue residue, did anyone else have the same issues as I did? They're definitely cool looking, but not worth it for the price I paid and mind you, I'm willing to pay top dollar (euro) for a truly good quality shoe. Looking forward to the Black Toes...

my right shoe is very similar to yours. Im not sure y ppl feel like its not return worthy but i assume cuz they r jordans but if it was a different brand for the 100$ plus, it would be a different story. I was thinking of returning my size and it is the only reason they r still DS or i wuda been rocked them cuz they r beautiful but paying the same amount as everyone else and getting subpar craftmanship is the VERY worst, they belong in the outlets...like the shoe definitely is not properly attached to the midsole, WTF

my right shoe is very similar to yours. Im not sure y ppl feel like its not return worthy but i assume cuz they r jordans but if it was a different brand for the 100$ plus, it would be a different story. I was thinking of returning my size and it is the only reason they r still DS or i wuda been rocked them cuz they r beautiful but paying the same amount as everyone else and getting subpar craftmanship is the VERY worst, they belong in the outlets...like the shoe definitely is not properly attached to the midsole, WTF
Thank you.

I believe the issue at hand is simple: it's not a question of whether or not something is worth returning, rather it's a question of whether or not something is worth its price tag. For me, and probably for some other people as well, these Air Jordan 1 Retros simply didn't match my expectations in terms of quality and craftsmanship at their demanded price point. In other words, if people are complaining about the quality of these shoes, mistakes on the part of manufacturing like insufficient stitching, glue residue and misaligned parts should not be overlooked. Instead, if everyone returned their pairs with bad craftsmanship, Jordan Brand might (I'm using that very loosely) consider upping the quality a notch in future releases. However, if everyone accepts the current quality of Jordan Brand products, it will no doubt be in the best financial interests of the company to make even lower quality products at higher price points, as people will put up with whatever corner cutting measure Jordan Brand comes up with. That's just how a company functions, meeting demand with sufficient supply. And if the crowd demands a low quality product at a high price point, Jordan Brand will have no problem with supply on that part.

I'd like to mention that I'm not in this for collecting or reselling shoes, that's not why I decided to join NikeTalk either. I'm here because good looking shoes that last interest me a lot. I will need a new pair of shoes come summer, and I also want something that complements my body on the streets in style. This could have been that shoe, but it just doesn't meet my criteria for good quality and durability. Of course I'm returning a product that I deem is improperly made and not worth its price tag. As far as I understand, every European website and retailer that I know of does no longer have these shoes in stock, so I won't be seeing them again anymore. Tough luck. They are, like any other pair of sneakers, just that: sneakers.

Looking forward to the Black Toes and '88 IIIs.

For all those that passed based on it not sticking true, I totally understand. But I've said it before and I'll say it again; this may be the sexiest pair in my arsenal. There's something so slick about it, and the fact that my pair is pretty much flawless adds to it.

Finally got my order from NDC.I know we've been bombarde with pics.  I'm just excited to share

Thank you.

I believe the issue at hand is simple: it's not a question of whether or not something is worth returning, rather it's a question of whether or not something is worth its price tag. For me, and probably for some other people as well, these Air Jordan 1 Retros simply didn't match my expectations in terms of quality and craftsmanship at their demanded price point. In other words, if people are complaining about the quality of these shoes, mistakes on the part of manufacturing like insufficient stitching, glue residue and misaligned parts should not be overlooked. Instead, if everyone returned their pairs with bad craftsmanship, Jordan Brand might (I'm using that very loosely) consider upping the quality a notch in future releases. However, if everyone accepts the current quality of Jordan Brand products, it will no doubt be in the best financial interests of the company to make even lower quality products at higher price points, as people will put up with whatever corner cutting measure Jordan Brand comes up with. That's just how a company functions, meeting demand with sufficient supply. And if the crowd demands a low quality product at a high price point, Jordan Brand will have no problem with supply on that part.

I'd like to mention that I'm not in this for collecting or reselling shoes, that's not why I decided to join NikeTalk either. I'm here because good looking shoes that last interest me a lot. I will need a new pair of shoes come summer, and I also want something that complements my body on the streets in style. This could have been that shoe, but it just doesn't meet my criteria for good quality and durability. Of course I'm returning a product that I deem is improperly made and not worth its price tag. As far as I understand, every European website and retailer that I know of does no longer have these shoes in stock, so I won't be seeing them again anymore. Tough luck. They are, like any other pair of sneakers, just that: sneakers.

Looking forward to the Black Toes and '88 IIIs.
do you.

Sorry to say but these shoes are straight garbage homie.

Fit is terrible, feel is cheap, comfort is non existent and toe creased while trying to lace them up properly.

I copped a pair from my connect at Nike and I got them half price off retail and still feel cheated.

The hate towards Jordan Brand is justified. 

Sorry to say but these shoes are straight garbage homie.

Fit is terrible, feel is cheap, comfort is non existent and toe creased while trying to lace them up properly.

I copped a pair from my connect at Nike and I got them half price off retail and still feel cheated.

The hate towards Jordan Brand is justified. 
sure

no flash on this one, this glue stain is much easier to see on the red obviously but it goes around the entire shoe

and i still prolly keep them, man i hate myself sumtimes

Last edited:
just as i suspected.  got an 11.5 and jesus, these are hella big!  what is going on w/jordan sizing???  i think i may have to send these back to dsg and find myself an 11....

Back
Top Bottom