Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Got my countdown packs for 320 shipped thru ebay. Finally, after 19 days post release, I got it! I really like both pairs.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Agent0024

I had hoped people would stop defecating on the Shadows after RD I always did like them and I thought the 23 was a nice splash of color. My pak is still on layaway, but it's also still DS, so it's a give and take type of deal. Hopefully I'll have them paid for in time to put the 14/9 on layaway. $336 is just too much at one setting for a couple pairs of Retros at this juncture in my collection career. I'm only missing signature 16, 17, 20, 22, 23 so obviously the Countdown will fill the gaps but I'm in no great hurry to get them all home. As long as I know they're safe in a storeroom somewhere I'll be good. Nebraska weather is very inappropriate to un-DS anything that expensive until at least April or May...

who allows you to put those on layaway? thats kind of surprising for something that sells out so quickly.

My spot has layaway it's one of the major retailers. I cop everything from them, and it's not like they hide the fact that they have layaway. It'sjust that no one takes advantage of it. I'll drop $160 for a single pair of Jordans but with tax in my state the Countdowns are $336 and I WILL NOT dropthat for 2008 Retros (at one time). It makes it easy for me to make sure I get EVERYTHING I want that drops even if my funds aren't right at the time. Igot these off layaway yesterday btw and they are very nice. The XIII toebox looks kinda funky, maybe cuz I haven't had a DS pair of XIII since 1998. Someothers on here did comment about the toebox so maybe I'm not all the way off. Yeah, the layaway plug is dope as long as I get there in time to get my size,I'm guaranteed all the releases and they stay DS while I'm paying for them. Finally, I found a way to make this capitalist pig society work for meinstead of against me...

My spot has layaway it's one of the major retailers. I cop everything from them, and it's not like they hide the fact that they have layaway. It's just that no one takes advantage of it. I'll drop $160 for a single pair of Jordans but with tax in my state the Countdowns are $336 and I WILL NOT drop that for 2008 Retros (at one time). It makes it easy for me to make sure I get EVERYTHING I want that drops even if my funds aren't right at the time. I got these off layaway yesterday btw and they are very nice. The XIII toebox looks kinda funky, maybe cuz I haven't had a DS pair of XIII since 1998. Some others on here did comment about the toebox so maybe I'm not all the way off. Yeah, the layaway plug is dope as long as I get there in time to get my size, I'm guaranteed all the releases and they stay DS while I'm paying for them. Finally, I found a way to make this capitalist pig society work for me instead of against me...
I dont condone this. If your funds arent right no need to buy $300+ shoes.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

My spot has layaway it's one of the major retailers. I cop everything from them, and it's not like they hide the fact that they have layaway. It's just that no one takes advantage of it. I'll drop $160 for a single pair of Jordans but with tax in my state the Countdowns are $336 and I WILL NOT drop that for 2008 Retros (at one time). It makes it easy for me to make sure I get EVERYTHING I want that drops even if my funds aren't right at the time. I got these off layaway yesterday btw and they are very nice. The XIII toebox looks kinda funky, maybe cuz I haven't had a DS pair of XIII since 1998. Some others on here did comment about the toebox so maybe I'm not all the way off. Yeah, the layaway plug is dope as long as I get there in time to get my size, I'm guaranteed all the releases and they stay DS while I'm paying for them. Finally, I found a way to make this capitalist pig society work for me instead of against me...
I dont condone this. If your funds arent right no need to buy $300+ shoes.

But then again, its not his fault that Brand Jordan decided to drop a million packages this year making it tough for the average sneakerhead. Although ido agree with you that noone in thier right mind should be putting 300 dollar shoes on layaway if they cant straight up afford it however, i also give props tothose that work the system to keep thier hustle up.

this is most in part the last year for Jordan heads since they are trying to go out with a bang, so to mostcollectors it's all or nothing this year.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

As much as I really needed a pair of XIII's and love my pair. I think the Shadows in the package are beautiful and I actually might subconciously appreciate the X's more. I'm still keeping my pack DS for a while. PA weather is horrible right now.
Thats Exactly How I feel!!! I'm in the process of putting a display together and I feel like I'll keep my XIII's for display and rock myX's on a semi-regular basis. I feel like I gotta tip-toe around in the XIII's so I'd rather have 'em to look at
pimp.gif
My only complaint about the X's is that they are a little snug due to theelastic bands. Shoe laces don't do jack for these shoes.

I bought the pack for the 13s like everyone else and i like the 10s a lot more. I have worn the 13s twice and they creased so badly it looks like iv had themfor 3 years. The 10s fit great and have higher quality material. The lack of quality on the 13s is gonna make me skip all the packs except maybe 2 more. Ican't pay 328 dollars for shoes and have them be that bad.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I bought the pack for the 13s like everyone else and i like the 10s a lot more. I have worn the 13s twice and they creased so badly it looks like iv had them for 3 years. The 10s fit great and have higher quality material. The lack of quality on the 13s is gonna make me skip all the packs except maybe 2 more. I can't pay 328 dollars for shoes and have them be that bad.

I actually bought the pack more for the X's.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I bought the pack for the 13s like everyone else and i like the 10s a lot more. I have worn the 13s twice and they creased so badly it looks like iv had them for 3 years. The 10s fit great and have higher quality material. The lack of quality on the 13s is gonna make me skip all the packs except maybe 2 more. I can't pay 328 dollars for shoes and have them be that bad.

Everybody please get those shoe inserts that stop creasing. I have worn my XIII's at least 15 times now and they still look brand new. Just dirt on thebottom. It worth the 10 bucks.

I here everyone talking about creasing but ive worn my XIII's a hand full of times creasing is minimal hardly any at all.

I skipped on this pack for financial problems. I'm kind of glad I did because I'm not hearing the greatest things from this pack like this creasingissue for instance and the colorways don't strike my intrest. Now I can buy x2 of each XX3.

I just got mine 2 days ago. I havent worn them as of yet. Does anyone think they're worth holding on to or should i just rock em and get it over with?

you know every1 is gonna say juss wear m, its 300+ spent on it, no point if spending that much money and just stair at em, I say wear em and get your moneyworth

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

I just got mine 2 days ago. I havent worn them as of yet. Does anyone think they're worth holding on to or should i just rock em and get it over with?

dude, these new retros arent going to be worth much down the road because everyone these days is a "collector" coupled with oversaturation of themarket. you dropped a lot of money on shoes, wear and enjoy.

Question for the shadow X's owners from the pack:...Do you guys think these X's will be squeeking like the last retro 10's that cameout?....????

My 13's started squeeking the 2nd time i wore them..
tired.gif

but it was that only time and dont squeek when i wear them now
happy.gif

My 10's have only been rocked 1 time and no squeeking they still look like they did when i got them
pimp.gif

im about ready for the next package, i think i'll be skipping on the march and april garbage, even though i'd like the 2's, the may package is amust, the 6's look sick as hell, if i miss this package i'd be hella upset, the 17's have grown on me bit by bit, the guys at nike were smart tomix it up, im buying sneakers i would never have bought if they was by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom