Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

This shoe looks to have a lot of potential. Based on the pics shown so far, the shoes appear to be a little more bulky and less streamlined on feet than in the professional unveiling pictures. Hopefully some good colorways will sit long enough for me to be able to check them out in person and maybe purchase at a discounted price.

The Flyweave upper really opens the door for some amazing (or terrible) designs. I'm a little disappointed in the aesthetics of the first two colorways set to release, especially with the oversized Jumpman version. It just comes off as lazy to me. Does the Jumpman REALLY need to be THAT big? It looks so out of place and obnoxious. Similarly, JB comes off as running out of ideas with the elephant print colorway. Do we really need a signature model that heavily uses elephant print? It takes away uniqueness from the shoe. I'm definitely not buying the idea that JB didn't have much time to spare for aesthetics, seeing as the properties of Flyweave itself allows for the best of designs to come into fruition.

Man what are they doing?!? "Let's save these for the playoffs" and only get one and a half game views? C'mon man! LOL

Well I don't agree that they are prototypes, but what ever they are if they want more exposure looks like he better have them on next game..

Sucked last game, but they won, so it wasn't the shoes.

I was wondering why he changed also.

Well I don't agree that they are prototypes, but what ever they are if they want more exposure looks like he better have them on next game..

Westbrook is prob the best wear tester on the planet. Dudes game is so violent and powerful if there is any weak point on the kick he'll expose it.

Seems logical, but then what happened with the zoom bag on the XX8?

true.
maybe westbrook only testwore them for 30 mins before they appoved the design. I remember that the wear test sample of the aj17 looked really worn out and showed signs of being worn outdoor.
somehow i think jb did skip the endurance test for the xx8....

Good point. If countless regular hoopers can pop the Zoom bag while simply running or jumping, you wonder how the Zoom bags in Westbrook's XX8s don't pop even though Westbrook puts a pounding on his shoes and Jordan Brand claims that the XX8 is the most rigorous tested Jordan to date.

Also, I've seen many people mentioning Russell Westbrook's shoe swap and how he probably switched because he felt more comfortable in the XX8 which perhaps could be true. (Not saying this to bash anyone, I respect everyone's opinion very much and this is just my opinion.) But interesting enough, when weartesting the Jordan XX9, Russell Westbrook claimed that the shoes were so comfortable he didn't want to take them off. So it seems a bit strange when hearing the XX8s were more comfortable when he seemed to love the XX9s more. So for now, I'm thinking that this RW AJ XX9 situation is quite interesting and is milking the curiosity out of me. Either JB is having Westbrook lie to us, or Westbrook is just meeting up with an old friend in the XX8s.

Last edited:
I think Westbrook probe just feels more comfortable playing the 28s since he is so used to them. And it's the playoffs so Westbrook wants to be comfortable in what he's been wearing.

Don't think he tested the xx8. Plus shoes falling apart on NBA players is a regular occurrence. I remember reading an article when I was kid saying that the average NBA player goes through one pair of kicks every 3 games or so.

Well the lack of RW wearing the XX9 in the playoffs might be a reality of why the sneakers don't come out till September. IMO the shoe might still have some kinks that need to be worked out.. It's too early to compare it the LeBron 11 issues, Nike too a huge L for that.

Don't think he tested the xx8. Plus shoes falling apart on NBA players is a regular occurrence. I remember reading an article when I was kid saying that the average NBA player goes through one pair of kicks every 3 games or so.

This isn't true

Some NBA players like to use the same shoe, others use practically a new pair every game. It has nothing to do with them falling apart. Look at college players.

This isn't true

Some NBA players like to use the same shoe, others use practically a new pair every game. It has nothing to do with them falling apart. Look at college players.

this.
its not true that most basketball shoes would not last longer than 1 game. The reason some players wear a new pair for each game is:
1. The manufacturer wants the player wearing theur shoes in best shape without any scuffs etc.
2. Some players claim that the grip is wearing out after one game like the tires of racing cars.

Yeah I think Jordan himself said he laced up a new pair every game but it was more for the feeling of rocking a new pair rather than any issues with durability.

Good point. If countless regular hoopers can pop the Zoom bag while simply running or jumping, you wonder how the Zoom bags in Westbrook's XX8s don't pop even though Westbrook puts a pounding on his shoes and Jordan Brand claims that the XX8 is the most rigorous tested Jordan to date.

Also, I've seen many people mentioning Russell Westbrook's shoe swap and how he probably switched because he felt more comfortable in the XX8 which perhaps could be true. (Not saying this to bash anyone, I respect everyone's opinion very much and this is just my opinion.) But interesting enough, when weartesting the Jordan XX9, Russell Westbrook claimed that the shoes were so comfortable he didn't want to take them off. So it seems a bit strange when hearing the XX8s were more comfortable when he seemed to love the XX9s more. So for now, I'm thinking that this RW AJ XX9 situation is quite interesting and is milking the curiosity out of me. Either JB is having Westbrook lie to us, or Westbrook is just meeting up with an old friend in the XX8s.
My take on it is if nike paid me millions of dollars I'd say the latest shoe is awesome too

Yea if Russ is still wearing the xx8 next season, then it might be something to worry about. Right now I think it's a non issue

Back
Top Bottom