Official Air Max 97 Thread

These are clean :smokin

Nike-Womens-Air-Max-97-White-Red-Crush-Blackened-Blue-921733-102-July-16-2018-1-e1532018359477.jpg

Nike-Womens-Air-Max-97-White-Red-Crush-Blackened-Blue-921733-102-July-16-2018-2-e1532018369608.jpg

Nike-Womens-Air-Max-97-White-Red-Crush-Blackened-Blue-921733-102-July-16-2018-4-e1532018385749.jpg

Nike-Womens-Air-Max-97-White-Red-Crush-Blackened-Blue-921733-102-July-16-2018-5-e1532018412651.jpg

Those are clean! Can’t believe I missed out

All of those Air Max day entries get a 5/10 from me dog.

Tissue paper upper that rips away? yep. Baby blue patent leather? nope

Black 97 with a big swoosh? yep. Captain America Day Glo on top? nope.

Blue and Green lines with volt and bordeaux accents? yep. Deer hunter orange on top out of nowhere? nope.

Blue and Green lines with volt and bordeaux accents? yep. Deer hunter orange on top out of nowhere? nope.
You did the same on the SW. We’ll see you in March. :nerd:

:lol: Yup, those are all meh, agreed. Good luck to peeps keeping that white pair clean for more than a month, though it's not an offensive colorway to me. But whatever, regardless of that, I do like Nike giving love to the 97 after years of neglect. I just wish the silvers were a pair it brought back every couple/three years. One of my favorite shoes of all time. I ran my first of three pairs of last year's retro into the ground. Other two pairs still unworn in the boxes. In my lifetime I've been through about five pairs, and I hate not having them. So I'm being patient before I start wearing my next on-ice pair, because once I start rocking them, I tend to just wear them ALL the time.

2584505C-4C8C-4E58-A4B5-FFC9E152BD1D.jpeg

Picked up a pair of premiums from last year at the outlet

I effed up and should have bought these and that other gray pair from last year. I had already bought three pairs of silvers and knew I was going to buy two pairs of the Japans, which I did end up doing. Plus I hate that white outsole just because as good as it looks new, it gets messed up quick. But now I wish I had said screw it and bought at least one pair. Ah well. Congrats on that steal, man, that's a hell of a come up. Dope *** shoe.

I agree with the guys saying no to the AM Day 97s. I wasn’t crazy about the SW pair and they did grow on me to the point I casually tried to cop on SNKRS and 2-3 raffles but when I lost it was whatever. Dont see that happening with those pairs tho

You did the same on the SW. We’ll see you in March. :nerd:
I had no opinion of the SW before they dropped from what I remember. I was pretty indifferent to them until I won a pair and got them in hand. I never bothered to look into them because people kept calling them neckbeards. Then when I did I liked the story of their development. You can tell what kind of passion and love went into the shoe by holding it. Not only the shoe but the idea of what fashion is in itself. Big, well thought out ideas went into that one by someone who really loves Nike and retro gear. That = dope af if the right mind is behind it.

These entries look like a 6th grade science fair in comparison. Theres nothing fashionable about any of them.

All of them look like theyre trying really hard to make lightning strike twice, resulting in high effort and low taste. The way I see it, there is truly a handful of talented creative people out there with their brain gears notched for it just right, those people that clearly 'get it'. Then theres people who like the idea of being creative enough to actually try it out and since there is such a scarcity of the genuine article they eventually get put in places they dont deserve and dont belong, or in this case a contest full of potential people who would happily fill that role if they got the chance.

This **** aint easy. Thats why the lightning is easy to spot. And also why its real dark in between strikes.
The only thing thats going to give light to AM day this year would be a re shape of the 90 and the SW II or the samples apparently. Maybe the air max lite to a lesser degree. That's what most people probably really want right now. Not this. Mark Parker only has another year and a half to reach that huge projected goal of his. These moves arent getting him there.

Last edited:
:lol: Yup, those are all meh, agreed. Good luck to peeps keeping that white pair clean for more than a month, though it's not an offensive colorway to me. But whatever, regardless of that, I do like Nike giving love to the 97 after years of neglect. I just wish the silvers were a pair it brought back every couple/three years. One of my favorite shoes of all time. I ran my first of three pairs of last year's retro into the ground. Other two pairs still unworn in the boxes. In my lifetime I've been through about five pairs, and I hate not having them. So I'm being patient before I start wearing my next on-ice pair, because once I start rocking them, I tend to just wear them ALL the time.
Ive always wanted to try out some SBs but theres always been something Ive wanted more when it came down to it.

I’m with you more often than not, tonytobacco tonytobacco , but I think those SW’s are the epitome of trash. I wouldn’t pay $50 for them, other than the resale potential. Awful, awful shoe in my eyes. The SBs are “the” 97 to me; owning 97s and not SBs makes no sense to me. But that’s just my opinion :wink:

Back
Top Bottom