Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

these new jerseys are awful. most of them remind me of sleeveless dry-fit shirts (great for the players, im sure)

and authentics aren't sized numerically on the tag anymore? is this real life?

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Hey noticed that you are fairly new but you cannot post live links to ebay sites.  
Also no one can answer my question?  Or at least tell me how much it would be worth?  My og question is at the top of the page.
its worth whats someones willing to pay for it
laugh.gif

Sweet dude.  Go get 3500 hundred posts in the next 7 months.
i was being serious, kinda hard to guess the price on certain jerseys. try your luck on ebay. like i said its worth what someones willing to pay for it.

its worth whats someones willing to pay for it
laugh.gif

Sweet dude.  Go get 3500 hundred posts in the next 7 months.
i was being serious, kinda hard to guess the price on certain jerseys. try your luck on ebay. like i said its worth what someones willing to pay for it.
I did check ebay.  There are no pippens with that tag.  What does that tag mean as opposed to a normal champion tag?

its not a champion brand jersey, its starter brand. and its a regular starter authentic.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Brought this from back home, it was on clearance years back...glad i grabbed one
img0948m.jpg
img0949n.jpg

give me that jersey? seriously. used to have the reebok and adidas authentics but i like the feel of nike better for some reason/

Originally Posted by crutches252

Legit?? How much would be a good deal on this (My favorite jersey of all time btw
devil.gif

devil.gif
)

looks fake... the jersey is nice, but the tags are off, also the size 44, it looks weird 

my April and May pickups in hand...
Not sure if they the NBA and Adidas can quite claim "wear what the pros wear".  Granted the jersey material is the same but there is a pretty clear difference in numbering between authentics and game authentics...  The differences are pretty clear in the numbering on the backs, but was more surprised about the numbering on the front of this years HWCs when I compared them side by side ...
Pics below

Authentic LIN road

Game Wright home (note the differet material and exra stitching on the number)

Authentic HWC

Game Williams HWC (note the extra stitching, better and extra material on the numbers)

Fronts of Authentic and Game Williams SBS (note the larger size of numbers on the "authentic")

Having said all that, I still am a sucker for jerseys and will continue to collect.  You just hope that there was some level of consitent quality standard for authentics that they should match whats "on the court" especially with the MSRP of $250 for nba authentics currently...  Have not had a chance to check out the "boxed" limited ediion versions...  maybe you get the better quality numbering with the extra 50 bux

thats why the authentics suck, not sure why they give us the crappy numbers.

the mesh numbers make the jersey

Originally Posted by plammer

my April and May pickups in hand...
Not sure if they the NBA and Adidas can quite claim "wear what the pros wear".  Granted the jersey material is the same but there is a pretty clear difference in numbering between authentics and game authentics...  The differences are pretty clear in the numbering on the backs, but was more surprised about the numbering on the front of this years HWCs when I compared them side by side ...

Having said all that, I still am a sucker for jerseys and will continue to collect.  You just hope that there was some level of consitent quality standard for authentics that they should match whats "on the court" especially with the MSRP of $250 for nba authentics currently...  Have not had a chance to check out the "boxed" limited ediion versions...  maybe you get the better quality numbering with the extra 50 bux
Great comparison - I've noticed the lack of consistency too and it just totally turns me off. Honestly, if it's not "on the court" why would anyone really want to buy an "authentic" over a swingman? Adidas just boggles the mind sometimes.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

since we were talking about Dirk ill post mine

This is brutally hard to find. Been looking for a LONG time for this one - real beauty man.
pretty much impossible to find IMO, never seen another retail authentic other than mine.

Some guy on a board has a sample of it but has the #03 on it with SMITH on the back. I kinda wanted to buy it and make it into a Nash or maybe another Dirk but was scared that the jersey would get ruined with the stripping of the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom