Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Personally I try to collect jersey I can wear, so sizes are different but quite equivalent from brand to brand: Champion 44-48, so Adidas Nike Reebok are 40 (to 44), MN 44, SK 44 late runs or more.
Some doesn't care of various sizes, but if you want any kind of coherence in your closet you should grab jerseys of same size IMO.

Thank you for the reply. By the way you have some very nice jerseys!

Hi guys, merry christmas! Need some help with a legit check on this. Thanks!
Hey Everyone.

Long time lurker. I am a big jersey fanatic and have finally gotten into getting kicks again. I copped casually as a teen and now getting in to the hobby mildly (acquiring long time favorite sneakers).

I'm learning a lot about sneakers on NT, and I hope I can share my knowledge on jerseys.

I ran across this Kobe jersey and saw some confusion. I regret to inform the OP that it is bootleg.  The materials/cut are consistent with the fakes coming out in the mid 2000s when this jersey was made in USA.  The most recent "Made in China" version is the one currently sold by M&N, with the taper cut.  Secondly, for this jersey, there has always been numbered sizing.  And lastly, looking at the blown up HQ pics, the twill materials is totally off.  Looks like that "soft cardboard" twill, which is evident in the puffy creases/thick stitching.  The jocktags are also incorrect, though I do not have a pic for reference.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
That AK47 jersey is awesome, I need one.

All-Star jerseys, on the other hand... trash. The past 5-10 years has been such an awful time for jerseys.

How much would a Ray Allen Sonic's go for and recommendations on a legit seller that would have one? I'm terrible at being able to spot the fakes so I'm not to comfortable with trying to find one and cop with out pointers and tips to look at

depends on where ya look and your condition.. Basketball jersey world usually has some swings but they run around 130 id say. If you look hard enough on ebay and other sites  you can spot them but what I've seen is near hundred for swings probably 80 at lowest. Then of course the bigger sizes and youth will be easier to find...

the authenics are gonna be tougher to find and a few of them are marked up for 300+. Pretty sure hardwodflames has one going for 375 or so and there's another one floating around for around that so I'd use that as your price gauge or within a +/- of 50-75$ to that.

For spotting reals/ fakes, theres a few things that people look at and guys like Zyzz and mikegasol are pretty spot on with that stuff. Theres info all over the forum so what you could do is scroll through the posts and see what the "experts" claim real vs fake and see their reasoning. Compare the reals to jerseys you are questioning and see differences/ similarities. Of course the LC's are always available to be safe but after awhile you pick a few tricks up

New pick up.

Im currently looking for a Nike Paul Pierce Boston Celtics jersey in green (size 40). Has anyone seen one before?

I've had three of em, don't ask why :lol:

And no don't have em anymore but might be a hard find now

lakers hwc jerseys went over 60k

12/13 jerseys for 60k total

who  would buy that jerseys if authentics/pro cuts would be available for 300$

maybe it's not about adidas?

maybe it's about us or... money?

have bad feelings about nike/nba next year. probably nothing will change

btw. anyone scop something interesting from nba auctions lately?

1.6 for hwc mwp was too much for me.

I think you're just mad you couldn't get any

Procuts were available before but clearly those paying the price want the jersey a player actually wore :lol: so why say if authentics were available that these basically wouldn't go for as much?

That Ewing jersey is awesome.

Did Champion release Gold logo jerseys for all players or was it a limited release for certain players.

If so does anyone have a list.

Are all the gold logo jerseys sewn (as opposed to screen printed?

What is the Champion equivalent for Nike medium.

Thanks!

Last edited:

I think you're just mad you couldn't get any

Procuts were available before but clearly those paying the price want the jersey a player actually wore :lol: so why say if authentics were available that these basically wouldn't go for as much?

Definitely have to consider a correlation between the fact that authentics aren't widely available is the cause for nbaauctions recent boom in prices.

I personally found nba auctions on the tail end of 2014 before they did the massive update to their auction page. Safe to say the up made it alot easier to secure jerseys with the site being optimised for mobile.

Regardless, I doubt any fans that want a real jersey that aren't enthusiasts like us are going to nbaauctions. Its hard enough for that same person to justify spending $300 at team stores.

So yeah it sucks adidas doesn't offer authentics in a league wide range but their could be other reasons for the change the money that the gamers go for on nbaauctions.

Last edited:
Or maybe the game worn jerseys are going for more because of the growing global popularity of the sport, a more user friendly website, greater advertising for NBA auctions during games and on twitter.... low availability of authentics has little effect. See what game worn NFL jerseys go for? Or soccer jerseys that sell pro cuts. The game worns still go for a lot. You can't compare an authentic jersey to one actually worn in a game. I will say maybe some of the 11th, 12th players on the rosters, the ones going for the minimum $250 price. Those might be people who are buying because they can't get an authentic. But the actual jerseys fetching 1k+, nothing to do with availability of authentics. Just my opinion of course...

People are also willing to pay for the guarantee that the jerseys are actually game worn. So many jerseys from the 90s/early are just pro cuts that are claimed to be game worn and many times there's no way of verifying if they were actually worn in a game.

Back
Top Bottom