***OFFICIAL AVENGERS: THE MOVIE THREAD*** Vol. ASSEMBLE MAY 4th!!!!

Less than 90 days away

Gifs taken from SHH
capevans_gj953esi.gif

0qD4F.gif

hawkslo_pa5n4frt.gif

tumblr_lyy5uyi6BY1qb3p1co1_r1_500.gif

mjolnir_g73enkwb.gif

cap36__ypkas7dl.gif

Really can't wait for this one. Hopefully the rumors of a Spiderman cameo are true.

*fingers crossed*

This movie is going to be nuts. I was so hyped after watching the trailer yesterday. Scarlett
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this and the dark knight rises will be getting a good chunk of my movie

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

tumblr_lyy5nuuhw51r4nqfuo1_250.gif

tumblr_lyy5nuuhw51r4nqfuo2_250.gif

tumblr_lyy5nuuhw51r4nqfuo3_250.gif

quoting myself  because this gif is pretty damn cool 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

hell yeah
pimp.gif
  I swear I've never been so amped for a movie since before the first X-Men came out

I can't even begin to describe my level of excitement.

This movie will probably be the highest grossing movie of all time.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

While I share in your level of excitement, let's get real for a minute..Ain't noway in hell this movie is gonna out-gross Avatar or Titanic..But I wish it would cause both of those movies were so damn boring..

Originally Posted by casekicks

While I share in your level of excitement, let's get real for a minute..Ain't noway in hell this movie is gonna out-gross Avatar or Titanic..But I wish it would cause both of those movies were so damn boring..
To be honest, I doubt it would even make more money than TDK, which will be trumped by TDKR. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by casekicks

To be honest, I doubt it would even make more money than TDK, which will be trumped by TDKR. 
I really don't see anything topping TDKR this year as far as box office sales go.  With that said,  I don't really care about movie figures as long as it does good enough to get sequels made which I'm positive this one will.

Your probably right rfx..But I don't think TDKR will out gross TDK..I think Avengers will, however, gross more than either of the IronMan films, Thor, and Captain America..

I can already tell you a sequel is on the way w/o seeing the box office numbers. Marvel/Disney already announced a bunch of release dates for the sequels for each individual films like IronMan 3, Thor 2 and Capt. America 2. I think they may have released the date for Avengers 2 as well, I can't quite recall though.

Can't wait to see Tony duke it out with Hulk

Ironman/stark will steal the show.

Avengers sequel will be released a lot faster than Marvel studios anticipates.
When Disney announced at D23 that they want to turn the Avengers into a franchise in the likes of Pirates of Caribean, Potter... Etc, this is out of Marvel's hands, Disney will fast track the hell out of this, ain't no way we wait 5 years for Avengers 2'

As far as box office goes... Dark knight rises will NOT, sell more than Avengers, because of the fact Avengers comes out in May with no real competition for 2 full months.... TDKR comes out within weeks of the new Spiderman (everyone is sleeping on Amazing Spiderman, but it's naive to not think Spiderman name alone will not do numbers... Even if the movie is garbage it will do numbers... Ex Spiderman 3)

Dark Knight Rise & Spiderman battling in the same month.... Neither of them will reach Avengers numbers.*edit my mistake... Men in Black 3 comes out end of May, so Avengers will have some competition

I don't think anyone is underestimating the Spierman film at all but considering how TDK did and how this is Nolans final Batman film and it has Bane and Catwoman (yeah not bigger than Joker and Heaths death) it could possibly mean huge blockbuster.

Not to mention that Spiderman (Jul 3) comes out before TDKR (Jul 20), which will help it a lot in terms of numbers. Most would have seen Spiderman already by the time TDKR comes out, so if anything, it'll steal away some of Spidermans viewers. Trust me, no one is going to go " I just saw Spiderman 3 weeks ago, so I am skipping TDKR".

The bi movies releasing after TDKR includes Bourne Legacy (which will do big numbers but Matt Damon isn't there anymore so I predict it won't make as much) and Total Recall (which looks like it might be another crappy remake that will flop, it's not even set in Mars). Other than that, there isn't much big blockbuster movies that can threaten TDKR.

Cap's costume looks so jokey. Should've kept the one from his movie. Plus he looks way skinnier.

Back
Top Bottom