Official BIG EAST Tournament Thread - Finals. PITT vs GEORGETOWN 9pm ESPN

Blair looked real sweet on the bench, grabbing his boy's arms and giving him that stare.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Blair looked real sweet on the bench, grabbing his boy's arms and giving him that stare.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i thought i was the only one that peeped that, son had that tinkle in his eyes

I thought the ref was gonna call that travel on fields too
laugh.gif

I don't understand what the gameplan is/was
It's tough for me to deal with sometimes..

but it's the system...JT3 still is molding this program, Roy was not his guy...but he incorporated him. Offensively, JT3 at Georgetown is really scratchingthe surface here.

Once Greg Monroe and Henry Sims show up next year to play the 4 and the 5 it'll become more clear. He is the center of the team, but it's a balancedattack. Yes, he should get a touch every time down and normally he does, even if it's not in the paint, which he still helps out with setting the offense.Soon will have an agile, athletic 6'10 kid who can pass and shoot directing the traffic (ie Jeff Green)...which will space the floor and make it a moreuptempo game which we will excel in...(how we picked apart Nova wednesday is a look into the future)

Our guards can't make entry passes tho, that is one thing. And it often seems like they don't even look for him.

The idea of him being soft though, no. He's 7'2 he's not quick off his fit and he still is filling out. If you can find me a player taller than7' that can pass and put the ball on the floor like him, show me.

Pitt is a tough matchup tho...only team we didn't beat in the Big East this year.

Congrats to them, they laid it all out for this one game, and they got the job done. And finally won it, they can go back to losing in the Sweet 16 or 2ndround now.

Guess we needed one more wake up call before this week
ohwell.gif

We rebound and don't take ill advised shots we win. Pit brought a B+ or A - game...we brought a C game, with execution and energy. Simple as that.

Jamie Dixon is a class act...and it's a program I respect.

Congrats to cam and flatbush also.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Traveling? there was a good 1.5s left in the game
laugh.gif
I was thinkin that same tihng...What if they would of calledit on him...
roll.gif

Didn't I say on Wednesday night the winner of the Pitt/L'Ville game would win this tourney?....
tongue.gif

One last thing,

I haven't seen us play so poorly on defense in a while. For a team to shoot 46% against us...wow.

Partly their execution, partially laziness.

It's a loss to build from, I'd just rather not have it come in the title game
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

St. Johns needs to throw a Titanic load of money to Jaime Dixon.

its a shame.... here i am rooting for another Big East team when my own damn school can't even MAKE the tourny.
disgusting.
smh.gif

I mean, with the right matchups they can do damage...plus they're playinn great right now.

Beating Louisville, Marquette and Gtown 3 nights in a row is
eek.gif

Tonight, it's the recipe to beat us...pressure the guards on the perimeter and be physical in the paint. Thankfully a lot of teams aren't as wellequipped as Pitt in that respect

Like I said before, I like Jamie Dixon and feel happy for the NYC dudes. Props to Pitt.

I got here late but tonight was a good night. Sorry GTown fans but I am happy my boys got another Big East Title. However it was a great game against a toughGTown squad. I hope we can now make a good run in tourney and finally get past the Sweet 16.

Awesome run for Pitt. As long as they can shoot free-throws, they should be tough in the Tourney. I have always like Georgetown though and hope they also dowell in the tournament. Go Big East, Go Pitt!

props to pitt...they out muscled us and out worked us all night. props to them for winning 4 nights in a row too

Back
Top Bottom