Official BIG EAST Tournament Thread - Finals. PITT vs GEORGETOWN 9pm ESPN

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

How Digger can make himself believe Uconn is the best team in the BE, I don't know
I dont even believe that, digger has been on us all year, no idea why

I think Villanova can upset Georgetown tomorrow.

Hate to say but Georgetown tends to play down to their competiton. Too many close games for my liking. Its good they have all that experience in tight gamesbut things like that catch up to you. I dont think they'll make the final 4 because of it.

Originally Posted by mrmossyman84

I think Villanova can upset Georgetown tomorrow.

Hate to say but Georgetown tends to play down to their competiton. Too many close games for my liking. Its good they have all that experience in tight games but things like that catch up to you. I dont think they'll make the final 4 because of it.
Agreed.

In my crystal ball I see allen3xis coming in here at some point and hitting y'all with a couple of his favorite stats...
a) 19-3 now under JT3 in games decided by 3 points or less
and
b) 28-6 in conference the last two years (or whatever numbers he uses)

19-3 in games decided by 3 points or less can say either one of two things...either Georgetown really has gotten lucky, or JT3 is one hell of a coach late inclose games.
I think playing all of these close games is gonna end up biting them in the butt one day, but until that happens I'll stick with their chances of pullingout the close one.

If Nova shoots today like they did yesterday, ain't hardly anybody beating them... But somehow i doubt they do. Ya never know though, there's usually asurprise team that gets hot in one of these conference tourneys, maybe it's them this year.

As long as Dajuan is active on the baseline against the zone, and we just shoot decently from the perimeter. Today won't be a nail biter.

We're a different team now, since the 2nd half at the carrier dome, things have changed. Louisville was one of the best games we played all year..you lookat the score and you might not think so, but Louisville is damn good right now.

Chris Wright is backkk
pimp.gif

If Nova shoots today like they did yesterday
Cuse had a tendency to let teams do that this year.

a) 19-3 now under JT3 in games decided by 3 points or less
It's 20-3 now
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
...and 9-0 the past two seasons. It's a lot to do with him...he won the IvyLeague winning close games, but also a lot do with this group of players, specifically the seniors.

I dont even believe that, digger has been on us all year, no idea why
It's not that I don't think you guys are good, I'd put you #3, and I don't like being on your side of the bracket. But there is nologic to say Uconn is the best as of right now
ohwell.gif

Hate to say but Georgetown tends to play down to their competiton
We do and until we learn how to attack pressure and get the gimmies, we probably will for the most part. I'd like to see a little bit moreassertiveness against the pressure today.

I know you big easters probably hate Gottlieb at this point, since he seems to dislike most of your teams
laugh.gif
.. but he's dead on about West Virginia, ifthey lose today and become 2-9 vs the top 50, they are ANYTHING but a lock.. that's pathetic, what business do they have getting a bid when they'veproven 9 out of 11 times this year they can't compete at this (the ncaa tournament) level? If you're going to bang on mid-majors for beating up on weakconference teams, it's the SAME argument for West Virginia, who has 18 of their 22 wins against teams 100+. They win today, they can feel pretty good.. butcalling them in at this point is very presumptuous. I don't think the committee is dumb enough to believe that conference record is as strong as it looks.

Btw - i love the shooty reynolds leg kick 3
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Reynolds is the guard equivalent of Hansbrough..

and yeah, I am in agreement on WVU...nothing impressive about them.

Craftsy
laugh.gif
I was about to come in here and type up the exact same post... WVU has to be on the wrong side of the bubble if they lose today. If UCONN takesthem behind the woodshed, they have no business being in the tournament.

2-9 vs. the Top 50 is bad. They'd only have 4 RPI Top 100 wins...
sick.gif
Dudes been killing Gottlieb for saying they aren't in at this point, but whatabout their resume is impressive? It ain't much. And like he said, it's a flat out worse resume than they had last year, when they didn't get in.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Craftsy
laugh.gif
I was about to come in here and type up the exact same post... WVU has to be on the wrong side of the bubble if they lose today. If UCONN takes them behind the woodshed, they have no business being in the tournament.

2-9 vs. the Top 50 is bad. They'd only have 4 RPI Top 100 wins...
sick.gif
Dudes been killing Gottlieb for saying they aren't in at this point, but what about their resume is impressive? It ain't much. And like he said, it's a flat out worse resume than they had last year, when they didn't get in.

Yup - dudes have this big east entitlement thing, where they act like winning a certain number of games in the conference = being in the dance, no matterwhat.

I personally don't believe anyone is dumb enough to fall for that, except maybe jim boeheim
wink.gif
Reynolds is the guard equivalent of Hansbrough..
You hating him doesn't make him the guard equivalent... Shooty has skills, he's not 90 percent hype , 10 percent ugly, like his supposedcounter-part you speak of.

No, I'm talking about the way he uses his body to draw fouls. He shouldn't get half the calls he does in the lane.

That's what the #*$# I'm talkin about Vern
pimp.gif

Reynolds looks like he was in a boxing match. That gash is serious.
eek.gif

Without him back soon, Nova is gonna get crushed now.

Back
Top Bottom