Official BIG EAST Tournament Thread - Finals. PITT vs GEORGETOWN 9pm ESPN

Originally Posted by allen3xis

No, I'm talking about the way he uses his body to draw fouls. He shouldn't get half the calls he does in the lane.

That's what the #*$# I'm talkin about Vern
pimp.gif

Oh - that's pretty fair I guess... although I think there should've been a foul on that play he just got cut open on.. not just b/c he got cutopen, just because Jay Bilas speaks the truth
laugh.gif

Raft got on him "if i hit you like that, would you cry?"

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And petey does not speak for all of us on the Big East
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
petey doesn't even speak for any other syracuse fans on this board.. he's in his own world. Speaking of which, is he at the games againtoday?

I have to agree.. Georgetown basketball is beautiful to watch.. And Wallace is lighting the Garden up right now.. Matter a fact, Everyone on the Georgetownroster is.. 'Nova can't even press them anymore b/c it just leads to an early three..

This is me at work - on the laptop, TV switching between espn and the duece watching college ball in the afternoon, and my papa john's pizza just gothere...
laugh.gif
i'm getting paid for this.

btw - did PJ's change their garlic sauce recently? I remember it being more watery before, it's like cheesier looking now.. good though

Goodness gracious what the hell has gotten into Jon...

I might have to change my mind about him being an NBA player.

I don't see it happening, if it wasn't for the FT line, this game is outa hand.

Hubert, can't bring up the fact we played without Roy and Dajuan for the first half, and STILL played that well?
grin.gif

This is kinda off big east - but i wondered what you guys thought about this.

On the psu bball message board, we're all in talks about purchasing a full page ad in the local paper with a formal letter addressing the coaching staffand attached would be a "do not schedule" list of teams that seem likely to have sub 230 RPI's next year.

We'd send copies to the AD and coaching staff as well, but to make sure they can't just ignore them, the ad would sort of let the whole community knowhow irresponsibly coaches schedule sometimes and put a bit of pressure on the program to take it more seriously in the next few years.

Good idea...

I know I heard someone talking about how Roy Williams schedules some decent OOC teams, who still he knows they'll easily beat..

but aren't true cupcakes..

granted PSU isn't UNC....but it still is smart to do, even if you drop a game or two that you'd win otherwise.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

This is me at work - on the laptop, TV switching between espn and the duece watching college ball in the afternoon, and my papa john's pizza just got here...
laugh.gif

btw - did PJ's change their garlic sauce recently? I remember it being more watery before, it's like cheesier looking now.. good though

laugh.gif
I used to have a job just like that. I'd work like 3 days aweek after school and get paid in cash at the end of each night
pimp.gif
I'djust chill and watch movies on HBO or Cinemax, and when March Madness came, it was nothing but basketball. The place was a baseball training facility, andpeople would always complain about not getting to watch the Texas Rangers play
eyes.gif
I think that might be why I eventually didn't get anymore hours...

Yeah i mean - there are cases where losing to a good team is better than beating a bad team.. I mean, look at Arizona, they perenially have the toughest SOS inthe country and will have 13 losses and still be top 35 in RPI.

There's just no reason to schedule cupcakes anymore - compiling easy wins doesn't cut it for the committee, and it just makes your program worse off.

I'm not saying it's easy to predict a team that will fall in the 150-200 range and not slip into the 200 plus range for one reason or another, but makethe effort.. when you schedule sub-300 teams that have been sub 300 the last 3 years and graduate their leading two scorers (just an example, but something notfar from the truth), that team is LIKELY going to be sub-300 again.

It's an art form, but UNC, Arizona, Tennessee, and Duke are always at the top of the SOS list... even Ohio State is benefitting from it this year, theywere like 13th in OOC SOS and it's kept them in the bubble discussion because of such a healthy RPI.

I'm not saying PSU is an NCAA tournament team with a better schedule, you've still gotta win games.. but why even bother making a crappy schedule whenyou have any aspirations of post-season play?

/rant

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

This is me at work - on the laptop, TV switching between espn and the duece watching college ball in the afternoon, and my papa john's pizza just got here...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I used to have a job just like that. I'd work like 3 days a week after school and get paid in cash at the end of each night
pimp.gif
I'd just chill and watch movies on HBO or Cinemax, and when March Madness came, it was nothing but basketball. The place was a baseball training facility, and people would always complain about not getting to watch the Texas Rangers play
eyes.gif
I think that might be why I eventually didn't get anymore hours...

Sad part is, I'm the manager here... but i'm the only person here today, and there's not really anything going on because all the students(self included) are on break still so town is pretty dead.

I can't imagine ever going away for break while there's so much college basketball on TV.. for me, getting to watch all this action these two weeksis as good as it gets
laugh.gif

Nova is coming back!!!

Tough call on Hibbert - he probably got a little too rough there, but there's a lot of banging with a team as big as G-town, i'm sure it wasn't oneway.

We need a chat room started - we're all gonna hit a post limit before game 1 is over
laugh.gif

G'Town is absolutely on fire from the arc.
smh.gif

Anderson with a nice response on that 3.

Typical Hoya game. Letting the competition keep close.

Back
Top Bottom