Official Boston Celtics Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Mark my words Boston fans, you guys will win the title next year. I truly hope it's against the Lakers too.
i definitely think we are the best team in the east with KG and Powe back... these are the same guys who started out 27-2 setting records left andright.

just gotta rest the starters more during the regular season.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Mark my words Boston fans, you guys will win the title next year. I truly hope it's against the Lakers too.
i definitely think we are the best team in the east with KG and Powe back... these are the same guys who started out 27-2 setting records left and right.

just gotta rest the starters more during the regular season.
I agree, your squad was by far the only worthy opponent the East had, however injuries are part of the game and prevented them from repeating.

Celtics are the only ones that match up well with the Lakers as it stands...

hopefully they keep all their main pieces intact.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

mark my word bulls fans...you guys will never win the title again post jordan
tongue.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Mark my words, Celtics wouldn't have done $#*# last yr if the buddy GMs hadn't been playing around and swapping KG for skittles. Ainge was on his wayout til a recently fired former Celtic blessed him with a one sided trade.

Mark my words, Celtics would have lost the Lakers this year if they were healthy and also last year if Lakers were healthy.

Lucky team won majority of their titles before most people on this board was born. 1 ship in 20 years is a terrible average
sick.gif

1. Al Jefferson isn't exactly Skittles.
2. The Lakers weren't beating the Celtics in '08 even with Bynum. You're delusional.
3. It's been over a month now. Try to lose some of that saltiness.

^
Ahem, not to get in this 617, but Bynum AND Ariza.
nerd.gif

(I know he was in uni, but he sat forever and then was cleared to play 3 minutes a night, ala Jameer Nelson. He clearly was not in shape to play 30 a nightlike this year)

^^^ LMAO

1. Exactly, why would you give up a budding all-star in Jefferson ten years younger? And BAssie and the rest of that throw in was BS on a platter
2. I believe they would have with a healthy Bynum and Ariza. Although Ariza wasn't as good a shooter as he was this year, he would have been a betteroption defensively against PP and Shuttlesworth.
3. No I won't. I'm salty til we beat that %%+ a couple of times on nat'l tv this season.

1. Exactly, why would you give up a budding all-star in Jefferson ten years younger? And BAssie and the rest of that throw in was BS on a platter
So what the hell are you saying? It was unfair for the Celtics or Wolves?

2. I believe they would have with a healthy Bynum and Ariza. Although Ariza wasn't as good a shooter as he was this year, he would have been a better option defensively against PP and Shuttlesworth.
I still don't think that would've made a difference. The Celtics were miles ahead of the Lakers in terms of defense and toughness. Kobehimself has been saying that all year. The Celtics were just flat out better in '08. But we'll never know, just like we'll never know if theCeltics would've repeated this year, so whatever.

3. No I won't. I'm salty til we beat that %%+ a couple of times on nat'l tv this season.
We'll see about that. You might be mad for a while.

1. I'm saying Jefferson wasn't skittles and that it was a silly +%! trade on C's part to trade away for their future. It worked out for them. Ididn't say it was unfair, I'm saying it was a friend hooking up another friend.

2. You're right...we will never know so all we got is our opinions.

3. Please don't forget this discussion come October. Maybe we can paypal some bets.

No needs to talk about what could have been.

When we ran into the Celtic's they beat us.

This year we didn't run into them and we won the Chip.

Next year hopefully both teams are healthy and we can get a rematch.

(just got through watching the 85' Lakers/Celtics DVD set and am amped up for a rematch)!

Kinda wondering why you guys would trade Rhondo but if you could get those players for him and Allen you have to make the move.

Re: the Ray Allen trade rumors-

how would he have any significant trade value? aging star, contract about to expire, on a contending team......makes much more sense to keep him, his short-runvalue is very high for the c's and not for many other teams. that and he's probably my favorite player on the team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

tongue.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Mark my words, Celtics wouldn't have done $#*# last yr if the buddy GMs hadn't been playing around and swapping KG for skittles. Ainge was on his way out til a recently fired former Celtic blessed him with a one sided trade.

Mark my words, Celtics would have lost the Lakers this year if they were healthy and also last year if Lakers were healthy.

Lucky team won majority of their titles before most people on this board was born. 1 ship in 20 years is a terrible average
sick.gif
As a fellow Bulls fan, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The Boston Celtics play defense, something no other team in the leagueseems to do anymore. The Lakers would not have beaten the Celtics in 08 if Jesus Christ would have suited up in purple and gold. Bynum was supposedly thequestion mark, that was answered this finals with a healthy Bynum playing llike the bust he will eventually be. Calling Boston a lucky team, you come off as asalty Bulls fan my dude.

If Ainge sends Ray Allen out to pasture and die, I'm going to book a flight ASAP to punch Ainge in the face. I gotta imagine PP and KG are sitting at homelike "!!* are you doing Ainge?"

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

tongue.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Mark my words, Celtics wouldn't have done $#*# last yr if the buddy GMs hadn't been playing around and swapping KG for skittles. Ainge was on his way out til a recently fired former Celtic blessed him with a one sided trade.

sick.gif
As a fellow Bulls fan, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The Boston Celtics play defense, something no other team in the league seems to do anymore. The Lakers would not have beaten the Celtics in 08 if Jesus Christ would have suited up in purple and gold. Bynum was supposedly the question mark, that was answered this finals with a healthy Bynum playing llike the bust he will eventually be. Calling Boston a lucky team, you come off as a salty Bulls fan my dude.
grin.gif

I can't wait to see you eat those words.

this post belongs more in here...
So wait, why exactly are the Celtics tryna give Rondo away?

Yall know Boston just tried to ship him to Detroit today (Ray Allen & Rondo for Tayshaun/Rip & Stuckey I think Chad Ford said), Dumars deaded it...That actually happened, no rumor.

is there something I missed? Rondo's name has been in mad trade scenarios lately...for what?
?

Rondo/Scalabrine/Giddens to Memphis For Rudy gay and Mike Conley.

not DONE... not yet official, but likely apparently

If Rondo isn't wearing kelly green next year, i'm going to be VERY pissed off...

I would much rather trade Jesus, no matter how ice cold he is.

What is the deal with trading Rondo? I can't understand that for the life of me. I really saw some battles brewing between him, Rose and Devin Harris inthe new season. Ainge will prove he doesn't know what he's doing if he pulls the trigger. As I said before, he was one miraculous trade away from beingback in the broadcasting booth.

FirstBorn, the Lakers were not at 100%. You can call Bynum a bust, but he would have been another big to give the Lakers more than what they had. Yes, theC's defense last year was awesome. The bottom line is the C's won, but I still believe what I believe.

I will be furious if they try to trade Rondo. I can't think of more than 25 players, tops, who I'd rather have on my team, and that list get shorterwhen I think long-term.

rondo wont be traded...hes the "franchise" player that the team will be built around once kg / pierce/ allen are all out of their prime

I don't get why they would trade Allen, they would have a max contract to give out to someone from the huge free agent class of 2010

I don't think they are trading Rondo, I'd be very surprised

Originally Posted by stima33

I don't get why they would trade Allen, they would have a max contract to give out to someone from the huge free agent class of 2010

I don't think they are trading Rondo, I'd be very surprised
Not with Rondo wanting to get that extension that he wants.

duuuuude. if we trade rondo, c'mon. he's only going to be a 3rd year player. i am going to book a ticket to boston if this happens.

Originally Posted by givemedanumba

rondo wont be traded...hes the "franchise" player that the team will be built around once kg / pierce/ allen are all out of their prime
Really???
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom