Official Boston Celtics Season Thread vol. Banner 18 or Bust

Game started!!!!

pimp.gif

KG out for another 10 days, another loss to the Hawks. I'm really losing my patience with KG. This guy is becoming a glass doll.

Also want to say the refs are total #%@^@ and I really believe Donaghy, some shadyyyyy stuff going on right now. Doc should've never been ejected.

"A fan close to the action on the court yelled, "The league is fixed" as Rivers pleaded his case to Salvatore. NBA officiating now, and for theforeseeable future, will be under the scrutiny of that kind of fan reaction. " - From the Globe blog

I'm surprised there were that many calls that went the Hawks' way. I'd expect that in Atlanta, but not here.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Originally Posted by finnns2003

KG out for another 10 days, another loss to the Hawks. I'm really losing my patience with KG. This guy is becoming a glass doll.
OUr team is
Seriously, it's a joke. I can't believe the injuries.

for real, this is one of the funniest games i've ever watched. especially in the third quarter, hearing tommy heinsohn get pissed is so funny.
roll.gif

and yes, that was a flagrant foul on davis.
29cxnp5.gif

People have been hit way harder then Davis hit Williams and they don't call a flagrant.

That's #%%%#!$*

Bust - team is too old to contend over the course of the season. Garnett's already sitting out a couple of weeks cuz of his knees, and we're justbarely hitting the halfway point. If the C's were completely healthy, I'd say they'd make it to the Finals with no problems whatsoever. If any oneof their big 4 go down, though, it'll be a second round exit at best.

The only comfort in this, is I'd rather KG sit now than in the playoffs. However, the C's once again are lying about KG and we went through this samedeal last season. A game turns into 10 days, which turns into 2 weeks, which turns into a month.

This team needs to get healthy.

And anyone who thinks the Hawks are better than a full-strength Celtics squad doesn't know basketball.

Team looked completely flat tonight. A #%%@load of turnovers, guys forgetting the shot clock, lack of boxing out, it was just a pathetic display. I don'tknow what time these guys went to bed but they looked awful. Ray Allen looked useless tonight and looks to have seriously eroded in the last year. His defenseis subpar, he doesn't box out, he can't hit wide open shots, and he turns the ball over way too much.

With KG doing his best AARP member impression, I honestly don't know what to think. We mortgaged the season on guys like Sheed and Daniels and it is justnot paying off. The team is 26-11 but they've been horrible at home lately (5 straight losses) and the vets look like their legs are gone.

I can't really figure it out.

We look good on defense, and doing things were good at some nights. But then we go out and just flat. And *@** up easy things. Not like the championship team,that's my biggest worry. Were just doing things we never really did when we were playing good.

I think missing KG defense/fire is showing big. Dude at least gets everyone to play hard.

The free throws, god I forgot about that. That was painful to watch. PP missing free throws badly. And what was Doc thinking playing the starters while we wereblowing out the Nets last night? Seriously, I don't know what his problem is getting the bench warmers some PT when we're up big. REST THE STARTERS.

I understand the injuries and all but these 11 losses so far are ticking me off

Most of those losses are just bad and tonight was another one. The Bulls? At home?

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I understand the injuries and all but these 11 losses so far are ticking me off

Most of those losses are just bad and tonight was another one. The Bulls? At home?
Honestly, even some of our wins have killed me this season. The Hawks losses are a result of bad player personnel management, a thin bench, andnot playing any of our younger athletic guys once in a while to give the vets a breather. Watch Giddens and Walker tear it up for some other team like Billupsand Joe Johnson have. That is the Celtic way. Doc needs to seriously wake the #%@^@ up and manage the older guys better. He is wearing them out.

Also need to stop playing Scalabrine so much. I don't care if he has one good game in ten, he is a liability out there and seriously needs to be on thepine for a majority of the game. Big Baby at this point is the better starting option. Scalabrine also needs to stop hoisting up 3 after 3.

Back
Top Bottom