Official Boston Celtics Season Thread vol. Banner 18 or Bust

-finnns2003

I was DEFINITELY impressed with what I saw tonight. Aside from Rasheed's usual unnecessary shots and lazy defense, they definitely looked like an experienced veteran team. Also, very impressed with the D. Lakers fans will argue "No Kobe"... but when does Lamar Odom play that well. And our guys are 'healthy' but that's also a variable.

I'm much more confident in what I saw tonight than what we've seen ever since the first month of the season. And with the addition of Nate, I'm excited to see them play Cleveland next week. Sad to see Eddie go, but he's been having a rough year anyway.

Last night was deece, even though it was without Kobe.  However, seeing as how we lost to the Hornets without CP3, I wouldn't have cared if the Lakers marched out the Laker girls to play.  I'll take a win whenever I can get it, especially with how they've been playing recently. 

Well, Brandon Roy is playing tonight, and the Blazers are always tough at home.  Let's hope the Cs can get some momentum going. 

Originally Posted by doyung9

but when does Lamar Odom play that well.

Was this a serious question???? 

GG last night ya'll.  Chalk me up as one Laker that hasn't written you off yet.  I know you have issues with health and all that, but I know vet teams, they can get it going once the regular season is done with. 

And that's why I haven't given up either. As much as I have been hating on this team, I still think we could see something in the playoffs.

Too bad Eddie and his son had to leave, but I think we needed a bench upgrade. Nate will bring a much bigger spark and we know he can score.

Doc has plenty of time to figure out the rotation for Nate and now that Marquis is back he'll help a lot.

Originally Posted by CP1708

but when does Lamar Odom play that well.

Was this a serious question???? 

GG last night ya'll.  Chalk me up as one Laker that hasn't written you off yet.  I know you have issues with health and all that, but I know vet teams, they can get it going once the regular season is done with. 

It was more of a comment to how inconsistent he can be, that's all CP. It just came off as abrupt.

KG has looked solid the last 2 nights. Not peak form, but I am definitely seeing improvement. Great to see on the 2nd of a back to back, too.

I hope that overall team swagger is back for good. It could be.

I'm not a huge Celtic fan but honestly I still think that they have the ability to beat anyone in the East. I'm glad they didn't trade Ray or make any major changes.

KG has looked solid the last 2 nights. Not peak form, but I am definitely seeing improvement. Great to see on the 2nd of a back to back, too.
Yeah, KG and Ray have looked much better the last 2 games. Maybe Ray has a weight off his shoulders now that he knows he's staying here.

And with the addition of Nate, I'm excited to see them play Cleveland next week. Sad to see Eddie go, but he's been having a rough year anyway.
Yeah he had the stomach flu so no Nate until we get home.

Good back-to-back for us, guys really stepped up.
laugh.gif
Doc still messing up with the rotations. That Scalabrine play was grounds to cut him.

great wins in LA and POR, especially POR. they looked like the team of 08. if they keep this up they can be in a run for that 2 spot easily.

how do you guys feel about tomorrow against DEN? rondo, KG, and PP sat out all of the 4th quarter i believe so their legs should be fresh

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

great wins in LA and POR, especially POR. they looked like the team of 08. if they keep this up they can be in a run for that 2 spot easily.

how do you guys feel about tomorrow against DEN? rondo, KG, and PP sat out all of the 4th quarter i believe so their legs should be fresh

Even without Kobe, LA is a tough squad.  But the fact that the C's controlled most of that game and the Portland game shows me they can replicate that in Denver.

A lot depends on who sets the tone first.  If Melo and Billups come out scoring, it could be a tough game.  But if KG, Ray and Paul get on the board early like the LA/Portland games, and if Rondo controls the flow of the game (dude is ballin right now), C's have the advantage.  Denver is weak in transition D.  Rondo needs to take advantage.  A few quick buckets early does wonders for momentum.

I think Ray is gonna have a solid second half. No more trade rumors, nothing.

I also think KG has pulled a "Reggie Bush" of sorts on us, and slowly worked himself back into this season, so that he's firing on all cylinders come the playoffs. That's what Sean Payton did with Bush this year coming off microfracture surgery, and his performance from like week 5 thru the playoffs was impeccable. Hopefully KG has been holding back.

Very excited to see how Nate fits in tonight.

Get your %!$@%@% Kanye shrug outta here

I have said and thought all year we could turn it on for playoffs and all that. But the thought of playing ATL/CLE/ORL in a 7 game series just gives me no hope with how we've played.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

I have said and thought all year we could turn it on for playoffs and all that. But the thought of playing ATL/CLE/ORL in a 7 game series just gives me no hope with how we've played.
As long as the Celts don't play the Hawks I like our chances. I don't know what it is about those hawks tho #@+

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

you would only have to play two of those teams though correct? Plus in the playoffs they give you more days to rest inbetween games.

They shouldnt rush paul pierce back this time like the previous times. KG reminds me of chris webber after his injury. Limiting movement but still was effective on the offensive end.

Sheed is just trash. I always thought after those overachieving pistons won the title that that core group really didnt care no more. Seemed like sheed just signed with Boston cuz he thought he was gonna get a free ticket to the finals and another title.

Yeah were looking really bad right now, and have vey little hope for a title. I can't give up completely on them because they could get hot in the playoffs but I don't really see it happening.

Novel Idea: Rasheed on the Block
Wallace and his opponents know he’s simply unstoppable down there, and Celtics fans should be happy to hear that he’s looking to post up more and shoot less bricks from three-point land these days: “His game is alternately endearing and infuriating to fans. His makes beget some of the Garden’s loudest cheers; his clanged treys set of a chorus of groans. That Wallace is bold and unapologetic simply highlights the latter. ‘Like my mom said, 50 percent of the people are going to love you and 50 percent are going to hate you,’ he said. ‘You can’t please everybody. That’s pretty much how I play. I don’t sit out there and worry about what the next person is thinking at all. ‘Oh, he’s got too many techs (technical fouls) and he shoots too many 3’s.’ I don’t worry about that.’ Just as opponents don’t worry much when Wallace work’s outside the arc. Prior to a recent game, an assistant coach from another club saw him practice his 3-pointers and said, ‘Every guy in the league loves to watch that. They love him shooting 3’s.’ When it was mentioned that Wallace’s inside game is better than expected, the assistant said, ‘Unstoppable. Unstoppable. He’s got so many moves down on the low block that you can’t stop him. That’s why we love to see him outside.’ Wallace came to the Celts with a .471 career field goal percentage, with a .342 mark on treys. This year he’s .404 from the floor and .283 from long range. Hidden therein is the fact he is shooting .518 on 2-pointers. Asked about getting inside more, Wallace said, ‘That’s where I was born at. That’s my bread and butter. That’s what I want. That’s what I want. But if that play design is for that 3, then that’s what I have to do.’ He has made good on his vow to do more in the paint after the All-Star break. Prior to that point, 216 of his 431 attempts (50.1 percent) were treys. Since then, 24 of his 64 shots (37.5 percent) have been from the distance.

I think we need to shake up the lineup a little bit. Have ray come off the bench or somethibg IDK. But losing to the nets and getting BLOWN out by the grizz isn't acceptable.

Maybe try starting Nate so the first unit will have some energy? I don't know...this team is so lifeless.

Back
Top Bottom