OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Originally Posted by Proshares

Beginning of the end for Paps
pimp.gif

Difference between Tex and Papi, Tex will pull out of the slump, Papi not so much.

think he meant papelbon...but you're right, papi is more than likely not breaking out of any prolonged slump this season

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Proshares

Beginning of the end for Paps
pimp.gif

Difference between Tex and Papi, Tex will pull out of the slump, Papi not so much.

think he meant papelbon...but you're right, papi is more than likely not breaking out of any prolonged slump this season

Yea, I meant Papelbon.  Bard does the same thing Papelbon does, throw straight fastballs and try to overpower people.  That curveball he showed last year is just silly if he starts throwing that again along with his slider he could step into that role next season.

yeah the only way you can get by just throwing fastballs is if you have mo's accuracy. that's why he gets by with two pitches, both of em fastballs. papelbon needs to use his splitter in there, and like pro said, bard needs to work that curve and slider in if he wants to do work as a closer

Updated: April 8, 2010, 10:50 AM ET

[h1]West: Rivals' slow play 'embarrassing'[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

If you're struggling to stifle yawns and stay focused the morning after watching the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox play another 4-hour marathon, umpire Joe West feels your pain.

Before Wednesday night's game, West called the AL East rivals "embarrassing" and "a disgrace to baseball" for slowing the pace of their games to a crawl, according to the Bergen (N.J.) Record.

The team's season opener on Sunday took 3:46 to play. Tuesday night's game went 3:48, while Wednesday night's contest, which went 10 innings, was finished in a relatively brisk 3:21.

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, the chief of the umpiring crew working the three-game series, according to the report. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

"It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play," he said, according to the report.

During Tuesday night's game, home plate umpire Angel Hernandez denied a number of requested time outs in the batter's box. West did not allow Hernandez to comment, according to the report.

"All of baseball looks to these two clubs to pick up the pace," West said, according to the report. "[Hernandez] did everything he could. The players aren't working with us."

i blame the ladies in pinstripes for slow play
laugh.gif

We did have a lot of time out calls in the batters box, but half of them werent acknowledged.

My one question is if the players arent allowed to openly criticize the umps, why can the umps openly criticize the players?

My one question is if the players arent allowed to openly criticize the umps, why can the umps openly criticize the players?
exactly, man. makes no sense

Yea game 2 of the series was crazy with Hernandez. Dude would not give anyone time out. The only one who got it was Jeter, and thats only because he stepped out of the box and then Vic called TO cuz he was confused, and so did Lester. So he kinda had to grant it.

I have no problem with them trying to speed up the games. But you gotta let the players know that your not giving TOs. Because usually if you step out its pretty automatic. But I would agree that it was mostly the Yanks who were calling them. We did a couple but the Yanks were calling for it like twice an inning.

yeah i remember saying that to someone at the bar during the game 2. i was like, "wow they're not giving anyone time out at the plate"...the umps just need to pipe down and focus on being more consistent with their calls. i feel like the strikezone calls get worse and worse every year.

nice win last night. good to see beckett settle down, a bit. and good to see the offense come alive

Just checkin in fro the weekend. Nice win last night, and another game like that from Varitek and it might be time to make a "Vartitek back on the juice Appriciation". But seriously it would be nice to have him come in and catch and not be an automatic out when he comes to the plate. Because he does call a good game behind the plate.

adrian beltre
pimp.gif

who was the yankee fan on the board who said, "your third baseman is adrian beltre
laugh.gif
"....yeah i'm laughing about it too, homey
laugh.gif

EDIT: and right on cue...beltre takes out ellsbury
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ready to see this new stadium. Hopefully they dont see a win in it for the next couple of days.

And Im liking how Pedroia seems to have gone back to the MVP season swing, knowing we might need a little more power from him this year rather than just singles and doubles.

Pedroia back to hitting for power. I love it. Now we just need Youk and Ortiz to start hitting well and we should be good. Pitching will come back around. It hasnt been the greatest so far but im confident they will all settle down.

Lester's a slow starter anyways

the little big man killin' it
pimp.gif

hope they do sox in two at midnight...stuck at work
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom