OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

man that was way too close in the 9th
smh.gif

i love this defensively minded team we have with the stellar pitching...

team pitching: 26th in MLB
team fielding: 11th in MLB (not TERRIBLE i guess)
team batting: 11th in MLB (better than we expected so far? probably not)

maybe it's because of playoff hockey...but this team does not have me excited at all

Monday, April 26, 2010
Dice-K to make season debut Saturday

By Allan Ryan
Special to ESPNBoston.com

TORONTO -- The umpire might not have been totally unbiased, but Boston right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka is that much closer to his season debut."I umpired -- 69 pitches," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona of Matsuzaka's simulated game before Monday's series opener against the Blue Jays. "He looks like he's feeling pretty good about himself."The oft-delayed due date for Matsuzaka is now Saturday in Baltimore.

"I don't think it will really hit me until I'm back on the mound," Matsuzaka, thoughtful as usual, said through his interpreter. "I think I'll be really nervous. I just don't want to be any further distraction to the team. Looking back at this past month, I was such a burden, but as I get more and more starts, I hope I can repay that a little bit."Matsuzaka was placed on the 15-day disabled list April 4 with a strained neck.Francona said he felt the team treading as carefully as they have with Matsuzaka (three rehab starts as he slowly recovered from back and then neck problems) was the right way to go about things."I think it might have been the only way," Francona said. "I don't think you can expect a pitcher to go out there at 100 percent if you're going to cut corners."Getting back to the simulation, Francona said, "He threw the ball pretty well. [His] cutter had some power behind it. It was good to see. [His] breaking ball had some spin with some depth to it. Some good change-ups. The ball came out of his hand kind of nice. I think he feels so confident about his cutter."Added pitching coach John Farrell: "His cutter and slider were tight, powerful, and that's an indication of increased arm strength. It's a simulated game environment but he followed the glove as he's been doing in his recent starts."Referring to Matsuzaka's April 1 start in Washington as the Red Sox barnstormed their way home from Florida, Farrell assured that Monday had provided a striking and encouraging contrast."He was much sharper, much cleaner with all four pitches," said Farrell. "His work and how he's gone about it has been very consistent from the time he came back last year, through the offseason and into spring training. I'm sure he was disappointed he wasn't able to start on time."So, it'll be Saturday in Baltimore then."Today, I just wanted to be able to show the manager and the coaches that I was ready to pitch in a game," said Matsuzaka. "I felt I had good command. It felt very good coming off my fingertips."My hope is, coming back, I can help the team -- change the momentum. I don't mean that I can single-handedly make up the difference, but sometimes you change the roster a bit, good things will happen."Matsuzaka went 4-6 in 12 starts last season, landing on the disabled list twice with a sore shoulder.Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Yea honestly, im not even into the games like that either. Like ill check in on the scores here and there.

But I know its just cuz of the basketball playoffs right now. Its too early to be buggin out about baseball in April. Mid June is when ill get back into my baseball **@+.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yea honestly, im not even into the games like that either. Like ill check in on the scores here and there.

But I know its just cuz of the basketball playoffs right now. Its too early to be buggin out about baseball in April. Mid June is when ill get back into my baseball **@+.

Same. I'm in full NBA playoffs mode right now. Last night I flipped over long enough to see Beckett get lit up though.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Same. I'm in full NBA playoffs mode right now. Last night I flipped over long enough to see Beckett get lit up though.
smh.gif

thats exactly how i feel...im not worrying a bit.

my buddy emailed saying the release of Ortiz is imminent, next 2-3 weeks. Anyone else hearing this? Wouldnt come as a complete shock but certainly wouldnt want to see his BoSox career come to an end like that. Guess they are hunting for a catcher, and once that deal goes down, he's out. Who knows if there is any truth to this.

As much as I don't like the guy, it'd be a shame if they just come out and release him like that. The platoon of Lowell/Ortiz at DH should be the option there. It was starting to work a bit. They should see what the Rangers want for Saltalamacchia or Teagarden.

Yea, that would be some what of a shock if he was just released like that. But on the other hand I would be opposed to getting a catcher who could actually throw some1 out @ second for a change. And then have Martinez DH.

eek.gif
i didn't hear about releasing him that soon. that'd be nuts. as much as that would suck, if they can get a catcher who can throw, it might be the best move.

We'll see what happens, I don't really believe it because of the $$$$ they'd be eating but if its something he requested or requests in the future, I guess for distraction purposes they'd consider it. Who knows, mediocre April for the team leads to rumors like this.

Why not put Victor at first, Youk at 3rd and Lowell at DH if you're going to release Ortiz? Lars Anderson for Teagarden. Do it. Kid's got a cannon and can hit gap to gap. Rangers have like 5 catchers between MLB and AAA/AA anyways.

david-ortiz_0.jpg

yeah i feel like it's gotta be one of the rangers catchers. i just dont want to get stuck lumping in clay for any deal. we need clay to get adrian gonzo out here
laugh.gif

tired.gif

I know it's a long season, but to compete in the AL East you cannot lose 2 in a row to the Orioles.

Originally Posted by True Blues

tired.gif

I know it's a long season, but to compete in the AL East you cannot lose 2 in a row to the Orioles.

3 in a row. They swept us this weekend. Things arent lookin good. But its still the first week of May. Like I said earlier, if we still strugglin like this Mid-June, then im jumpin off something.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Dead set, who's that chick in your avy?
the girl i've been messing with the last two months....

nah man, no one knows. she's the one legend that no one knows. need to find out her name tho

Back
Top Bottom