Official Cavaliers @ Celtics- GAME SEVEN 3:30pm ET ABC vol. WIN OR GO HOME

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

I hope you guys aren't seriously bailing out Le(insert fav. insult here) because he scored 45. The guy TOOK OVER 40 SHOTS! and he got about 15 from the charity stripe. That should tell you about all the shots he forced up despite BEING DOUBLE TEAMED ALL GAME.

Their offense was flowing best when Z had those 2 mins and 6 straight points. Otherwise it was Le(insert fav. insult) standing at the top being doubled only to throw up an ill-advised jumpshot. Lebron is not a pointguard or any type of of facilitator. Dude should not have had the ball so much because he can't create for others. unless the gameplan was to look to the refs for the bailout call.

Plus all the other miscues he had (lettin Pierce race past him for the jumpball, missed FT, etc.)

Scored 45..
ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif

Lebron has traveled on just about every drive i've seen him make late in games...its sickening and one of the reasons why it took a great regular seasonand boston revival to get me to actually pay attention to NBA this year

I'm soooo happy that the Cavs lost. Lebron's the man and all, but damn I hate Clevedland.

Great game. Pierce was fantastic and Lebron was......Lebron. I have no problem with the way Lebron approached this game. If that was playing into theCeltics hands, so be it. I know they didn't plan on being up 3 with 2 minutes left. A freethrow here, a rebound there, and cavs would have been good. Ihave no problem with the outcome of a game if my BEST player did all he could...and Lebron(save a freethrow here and a weak layup attempt there)did all hecould. The best team won. Oh yeah, *%+ is up with Ray Allen? Is dude hurt or something?

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

This all just shows you that

A. LeBron aint no Kobe

B. LeBron aint no Jordan for that matter

The arrogance of this guy and his fans, is off the charts.

WITNESS

Witness what? A sorry team with a bunch of lower-tier players who are to shook to even be powers on the team because LBJ is on it? LeBron has some nice little ASG awards and scoring titles but what else has he won? He better get help soon or he will be wasting his prime years either:

A. Wasting away and getting bounced early
B. Moving to another team.

yea give lebron gasol and odom and see what he can do. you fail to forget kobe didn't even get out of the first round the past 3 years right? dudeneeds help.

You do realize it took Jordan like 5-6 years to win his 1st title?

That still has nothing to do with his arguement.

MJ showed up every single night and BROUGHT IT, you never see him shoot a pathetic percentage like Lebron did the first 6 games of the series becausethat's how good he was.

Lebron is not even on Kobe's level right now, he still has a lot to learn, and a lot of jumpshots to practice (AND free throws).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

MJ showed up every single night and BROUGHT IT, you never see him shoot a pathetic percentage like Lebron did the first 6 games of the series because that's how good he was.

Lebron is not even on Kobe's level right now, he still has a lot to learn, and a lot of jumpshots to practice (AND free throws).
um actually espn has some data. for series, michael jordan shot 38% for a series, which is 5th worst for a scoring champion. lebron shot 36%. thefunny thing is, allen iverson owns the other 3 records, with the worst at 34%
roll.gif

it's easy to say lebron's not on kobe's level b/c his team is not as good as kobe's. you have to remember kobe didn't even attempt ashot in game 5 in the 4th and the lakers' offense still looked highly efficient.

bron still has weaknesses in his game. but he's played more defense in this series than kobe did the entire year dawg.

MJ showed up every single night and BROUGHT IT, you never see him shoot a pathetic percentage like Lebron did the first 6 games of the series because that's how good he was.
to be fair, MJ has had his fair share of horrid shooting nights in playoff games.

lebron is a beast. it's saddening to see people downplay his talent and performance. deshawn stevenson get to you guys or something?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

to be share, MJ has had his fair share of horrid shooting nights in playoff games.

lebron is a beast. it's saddening to see people downplay his talent and performance. deshawn stevenson get to you guys or something?

it's easy to hate greatness. kobe is a great player. MJ is the goat. lebron is a great player. i hope everyone can appreciate greatness. kobe is 1a,lebron is 1b right now. it's that close.

no it's not that close. lebron played more defense than kobe did all year, LMAO, guess that's why Kobe made all 1st team defense. (go ahead and sayit's cause of his reputation) LeBron's overall game is know where near Kobe's right now, offensively or defensively. Kobe has ZERO weakness on theoffensive end and can be a shut down defender as everyone knows. LeBron finally took the challenge of guarding the other team's best player, but did justan average job. And as far as the offensive end, the shooting percentages speak for themselves. LeBron is 2a and CP3 is 2b. That's how close it is.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

um actually espn has some data. for series, michael jordan shot 38% for a series, which is 5th worst for a scoring champion. lebron shot 36%. the funny thing is, allen iverson owns the other 3 records, with the worst at 34%
roll.gif

it's easy to say lebron's not on kobe's level b/c his team is not as good as kobe's. you have to remember kobe didn't even attempt a shot in game 5 in the 4th and the lakers' offense still looked highly efficient.

bron still has weaknesses in his game. but he's played more defense in this series than kobe did the entire year dawg.

[h2]Playoffs[/h2]Glossary / Convert to CSV / Convert to PRE / Click columnheaders to sort
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Totals[/th] [th=""]Shooting[/th] [th=""]Per Game[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]171[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]117[/td] [td].436[/td] [td].125[/td] [td].828[/td] [td]42.8[/td] [td]29.3[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]135[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]131[/td] [td].505[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td].872[/td] [td]45.0[/td] [td]43.7[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]128[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]84[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]107[/td] [td].417[/td] [td].400[/td] [td].897[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]35.7[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987-88[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]427[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]99[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]363[/td] [td].531[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].869[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]36.3[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988-89[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]718[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]390[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]183[/td] [td]229[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]119[/td] [td]130[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]591[/td] [td].510[/td] [td].286[/td] [td].799[/td] [td]42.2[/td] [td]34.8[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]674[/td] [td]219[/td] [td]426[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]133[/td] [td]159[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]115[/td] [td]109[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]587[/td] [td].514[/td] [td].320[/td] [td].836[/td] [td]42.1[/td] [td]36.7[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]689[/td] [td]197[/td] [td]376[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]125[/td] [td]148[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]142[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]529[/td] [td].524[/td] [td].385[/td] [td].845[/td] [td]40.5[/td] [td]31.1[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]920[/td] [td]290[/td] [td]581[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]189[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]137[/td] [td]127[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]759[/td] [td].499[/td] [td].386[/td] [td].857[/td] [td]41.8[/td] [td]34.5[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]783[/td] [td]251[/td] [td]528[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]136[/td] [td]169[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]128[/td] [td]114[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]666[/td] [td].475[/td] [td].389[/td] [td].805[/td] [td]41.2[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]420[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]315[/td] [td].484[/td] [td].367[/td] [td].810[/td] [td]42.0[/td] [td]31.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]407[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]153[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]552[/td] [td].459[/td] [td].403[/td] [td].818[/td] [td]40.7[/td] [td]30.7[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]804[/td] [td]227[/td] [td]498[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]123[/td] [td]148[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]150[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]590[/td] [td].456[/td] [td].194[/td] [td].831[/td] [td]42.3[/td] [td]31.1[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]872[/td] [td]243[/td] [td]526[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]181[/td] [td]223[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]107[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]680[/td] [td].462
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Well the 1st 3 years are clearly 1 playoff series in which he's shooting above 40%. So the rest of his career he's shooting AT LEAST 45%. You find medata that shows him shooting under 40.

hard loss for us cavs fans today, open guys did not hit open shots, end of story

we have 30 mill to spend and if we don't get the king some help this offseason, call it a wrap Mr. Ferry, 2010 will be here faster than you think.

PLEASE CAVS GET LEBRON SOME HELP, ANYONE, I DONT CARE IF WE ARE 33333333333333 OVER THE CAP, GO GET HIM SOME HELP

as for boston, good luck against pistons, although i have more hate for them right now, in the long run i will always hate the pistons more.

A. LeBron aint no Kobe

WITNESS

Witness what? A sorry team with a bunch of lower-tier players who are to shook to even be powers on the team because LBJ is on it? LeBron has some nice little ASG awards and scoring titles but what else has he won? He better get help soon or he will be wasting his prime years either:

yea give lebron gasol and odom and see what he can do. you fail to forget kobe didn't even get out of the first round the past 3 years right? dude needs help.

Put Kobe in the east and see what he can do.

name a team that won a championship that hasn't had more than 1 superstar/good player?????????????????

(go ahead and say it's cause of his reputation)
it has nothing to do with kobe, but you'd have to be smoking to not think the Defensive 1st/2nd teams are highly influenced by reputation.

Its amazing the "love me when i'm up...hate me when I'm down" approach ALOT of you have when it comes to sports on this board.

Whenever a dude is on top the world...yall be all on him...he gets bounced off the playoffs or has some bad games...all the criticism comes out in full effect.Now it's Lebron aint this, Lebron aint that. But when he's balling...Lebron's is this...Lebron is that.

I could care less about LeBrons game, Pierces game, who did what, who didn't do what... all I know is...

Ohio took another L. That's all that matters.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

A. LeBron aint no Kobe

WITNESS

yea give lebron gasol and odom and see what he can do. you fail to forget kobe didn't even get out of the first round the past 3 years right? dude needs help.

Put Kobe in the east and see what he can do.
co sign...
give lebron gasol and odom on the west and lets see how far he can get...

LOL.

Lebron still has lots to learn, that's because his potential is still high through the sky.

And that doesn't mean he is not even on Kobe's level.

Sure, Kobe can shoot better and hit ft's more often.

But there are a lot of aspects that Lebron is better at.

The amount of misguided-angry "OMG BOSTON SUCKS SO MUCH
mad.gif
" and"Detroit is gonna kill these losers" type posts in here are amazing.

If/When Detroit wins the series, theres gonna be 300 people that come on and say "Oh, I so called that! Detroit 08 Champs! Big 3 are frauds!"Because, as you know, its incredibly difficult to say that the team playing the team you hate is going to win.

Yeah anyway, when LeBron can get his jumper to go down consistently, he'll be like...un-friggin-stoppable

I just feel bad for lebron because as the haters in this post exhibit, he's going to take the majority of the blame of this loss, even though I saw timeand time again in this game (as was symbolic of the entire season) how lebron was doing so much while his teammates were turning the ball over, too afraid toshoot open jump shot, not showing any movement in offensive sets etc.
I just can't wait till he's on a good team and is able to show us all what he's capable of

Back
Top Bottom